Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: CPM US (formerly known as National In Store (NIS))
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  4:47:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
NickS, it is part of the lawsuit, there were nights I actually fell asleep doing reports, we both had a full workload of work for them, all our paperwork at that time came to us in a box and we just had to sort it...then read each stores duties (some were different as we went to different territories.....we split our work, wife does pprwk, I drive and we split different reports, keep them the same to each person and things went quick.......BUT THE REPORT TIME WAS MY JOB...that was the work! 5-7 hrs a night after a long day? We left when I got tired of donating that much time.

HubbyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  10:18:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am glad that the administration time was part of the lawsuit. I am surprised that a lawsuit like this did not happen years ago. I did not mind doing the reports, as I often found them easy to do (once I had all of my data and photos together), BUT it was all of the printing I had to do and all of the reading and trying to understand what I needed to do in order to do a certain call/campaign at each store that often frustrated me the most!

Oh I still remember the days, when I use to get those monthly mailings with about 2 to 4 pounds of paperwork (back in the good old days when we did the monthly scorecard audits at CVS), yet that was also a VERY time consuming chore to separate and organize all of that paperwork for each store (with the multiple campaigns) when going through that stack of paperwork. Back then, I think it took me about 2 hours to separate and organize that paperwork . . . then it took about another couple or so hours to read the instructions on how to do the various calls at each store . . . yet that was back in the days when a typical set of calls at each store took about 2 to 4 hours at the store itself. Yet for me, the only good thing about being able to print out all of that paperwork now is, I can sort it as I print it . . . so I save a little time there vs. getting it in one GIANT lump of paperwork to sort. LOL!!! In my case, it is rare that I do my reports the same day as I make the calls . . . because I am often too tired to do the reports when I get home . . . so I often do them on a day that I have off or when I have at least half a day off (before the deadline) . . . that way my mind is rested and there is less chance of me making mistakes . . . especially if I do my reports first thing after I wake up in the morning. Yet with me having less work with CPM since the beginning of the year, I am okay and fairly satisfied with how things are working out so far. With less work, I have less stress with them. Though I would love to have more work hours with them (like I did last year and before this new year, like the days when it would take 2 to 4 hours to do several calls/campaigns at each store per visit), yet I feel better having less work, which translates into my having less non paid administration time with them. So for now, I am not getting ripped off as much having to print out all of that paperwork for each call/campaign AND having to sit and read the often long instructions of how to do a certain call/campaign.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2014 :  05:45:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know what their pay schedule is now? I got an email a while back, but payment doesn't seem to match with what it said. I have no trouble with payment, just curious.
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2014 :  08:33:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
April If you will email me here I can send you the payroll schedule for the 2014 year.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2014 :  1:18:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have any of you had trouble with the CPM platform (Retail Force), in regards to your completed calls disappearing and or not showing up when you do a search on your completed visits?

I am growing kinda concerned, as of today, this is the second time this has happened to me in about 4 months, where my completed work has disappeared before I got paid for it. GRRRRR!!! The last time I had a call disappear, I told the DM, but nothing was done. Since it was a call for 15 minutes, it was not worth my time or trouble to complain about it to the DM.

Now I just found out that a call I had done a few days ago for 1 ½ hours is now disappeared and today is the deadline for this pay period.

Yet I was also curios to know if anyone has had non-completed calls that disappear and then later reappear in Retail Force? Yesterday I had several new campaigns for Essence Of Beauty at CVS, that are 180 minutes in length. Then earlier this morning, all the campaigns were removed from Retail Force, then this afternoon they have all reappeared. UGH! It would be nice if CPM would tell why they are removing and returning these campaigns in the My Messages section for Retail Force. GRRRRR!!!

Lastly, whenever I do a search for any of my completed work that I done earlier in the year . . . i.e. the entire month of May 2014, NONE of my completed campaigns come up. GRRRRR!!! So I’m wondering if Retail Force dumps all of our completed work after several weeks (once we completed it)?

Nick
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2014 :  4:28:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
NickS, as a matter of habit I would "print to file" all my completed calls in a work week folder, I don't recall haveing this isuue when we worked for them, I don't know why that would happen, as a matter of business I scan all needed/signed documents into a sub-folder labeled as such, saves going back when you have a question on pay issues, either way works.......if you like to carry a lot of documents, if not individual flashdrives work great for us (at this point in time we only carry 4 and 3 SD cards, all our work records are with us as we spend a lot of time on the road.

P.S. I throw nothing away until it's been scanned and saved.

This practice has saved me a lot of lost pay, I also have all my mileage log books back to when I first started merchandising.
No I'm not a hoarder, just a habit of no lost records.

HubbyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2014 :  6:16:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had the 180 min job disappear, come back as a 195 min job. I think its pending now.
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2014 :  6:28:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My 180 minute job disappeared and reappeared still as 180 minutes but 2 weeks later for a start time. I was planning to do one this Sunday as display is in...we'll see.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  12:47:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you HubbyZ, I did not think of that, that is a great suggestion. Out of curiosity, do you work for CPM currently?

Thank you April and Laura, at least I feel better that it was not just me this was happening to. LOL!!!

Not to complain . . . but I had all of my work done and reports submitted in RetailForce AND I THOUGHT I would be free until my Essence Of Beauty work starts on September 7th. Now as of this morning, I have a slew of Metamucil cut-ins that start tomorrow and must be done by August 31st. Now what is so important and special about this stuff that these HAVE TO be cut-in by August 31st??? Since we are not getting paid for mileage, you would think that being hit with these campaigns as of today (which start tomorrow), that they would at least make them due on September 7th . . . i.e. give us at least 2 weeks to work them, since we just got done with completing our monthly Master Campaigns (which included some Garnier graphic placement at some stores AND the Always Discreet campaign. As it was, I had to make a second trip to most of my stores to do the Always Discreet . . . whereas it would have been nice if CPM would piggbyback these campaigns (with the same due dates), where we spend at least 2 to 4 hours at a store AND not have to drive back to a store just to work 1 to 1 ½ hours. It would be great if they just issue the work once every 2 weeks, thus giving us 2 weeks to complete it . . . where we can coordinate our schedule to work at a store for a longer period of time. As I really do find it irksome where I have worked at a store 15 or so miles away, then 2 or 3 days later, I get another campaign at that same store location where the campaign is due 1 week later. Why is it that they did not give me that campaign 2 weeks earlier OR have it due 2 weeks after they assigned it to me. GRRRRR!!! I do not mind doing the work, but I just hate to drive back to a store in less than 2 weeks from my last visit . . . because it cost me extra time and gas to do those visits . . . AGAIN since they do not pay us for mileage OR administration time.

Also I send a special thanks to Marjorie Powell. Based on your private message, everything worked out great and it was a learning experience for me, as I did not know that. Thank you so very much for your kindness and help. :-)

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2014 :  02:54:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nick,
You are very welcome. If you need help with anything else please feel free to email me and I'll attempt to guide you through it.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2014 :  07:21:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
NickS, no, we do not work for them anymore, have not for awhile, we had a lot of stores between us just to make it workable, amount of reporting was horrendous!

Wsn't worth the uncompensated hours.

HubbyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2014 :  1:02:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'll make a totally uninformed guess as to the urgent timing....

It could be that Metamucil is beginning some sort of national ad campaign for either their products in general or perhaps a new item that will begin on September 1st and so they want to make sure that the product is on the shelf and ready to be purchased then. Some chains are better than others at cut-ins in that they receive instructions on exactly where to place a new item; other chains not only will not place the new items until a new modular for the entire section in which the new item is to be placed drops but will not allow representatives to do so either (and dollars to doughnuts you all know who I'm talking about here).

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  12:40:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just completed this at a CVS. The store manager said this Metamucil thing was not a cut in, but rather an upgrade to the POG and is usually done by store personnel. She was wondering how I got it....

And on top of that, the allotted time went from 180 mins to 195 mins to 180 mins.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  08:16:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Marjorie! ;-)

I appreciate the reply back, HubbyZ. In my case, I find that just doing the reports, they are generally easy, but can be very time consuming (depending on the service call/campaign), BUT it is all of the prep work you have to do to in order to go out on a call and the time you lose doing this that I find very frustrating (i.e. printing out all of the needed paperwork and reading and understanding what you need to do in order to do a service call at a store . . . which we do not get paid for at all/administration work). Yet I remember up until the middle of last year (when CPM still did the monthly scorecards) it would take me about 30 to 50 minutes (per store) to enter each report for the multiple service calls (per store) . . . as there were usually about 4 to 8 service calls per store (back in the good old days). Grant you that some service calls out of those 4 to 8 were maybe 15 minutes or less, but we still had to complete a report for each of them.

Robert, I am sure that they (the Metamucil people) planned their launch dates for such campaigns months in advance and I just do not see them waiting almost to the last minute before their nationwide launch date to give us 1 week to do this service call. I still think that they (CPM) should no matter what, that anytime they issue us new work, that we should automatically get at least 2 full weeks (14 days) to work a service call before it is due . . . unless they start giving us an extra bonus (per store) when they want work done in 7 days or less . . . i.e. a $20 per store bonus. LOL!!!

April, I am not sure where you are located, but I am here in Los Angeles, and they only gave me 45 minutes per store to do the Metamucil cut-in. :-(

Nick
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2014 :  06:33:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nick, I think there were 2 different scenarios. With mine, I had to move items all over the POG. They sent me a POG and I had to start from shelf 1 (according to store) and move all items to make room for the Metamucil new items. I think that's why the mgr wondered why I had an assignment like that.
Go to Top of Page

Robert111

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2014 :  06:29:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone out there doing the Phillips Reset?

There is only a 2 hour max on it but it seems to be taking 3 1/2 - 4 hours in some stores.

Robert Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2014 :  08:59:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robert111

Anyone out there doing the Phillips Reset?

There is only a 2 hour max on it but it seems to be taking 3 1/2 - 4 hours in some stores.

Hey there Robert,

I did several of these last week. All of mine took at least 3 hours to complete, but in some cases it took 3 ½ hours, due to the busyness of the store and having to wait for price labels to be printed and or looking for the new products in the stockroom. Most of my stores had 3 to 4 FULL totes of new products that needed to be stocked in this POG. Believe me, it was not fun going through and sorting out 1 tote completely full of earbuds, chargers, and connector cables . . . which I venture to guess there had to be at least 25 to 40 different SKUs with about 3 of each SKU in that 1 tote . . . and I figured it took me about 20 or so minutes to sort out just that 1 tote alone . . . yet I figure the powers that be do not consider this should be part of the time I worked on doing the reset of this POG.

In my case, when it comes to doing resets for CVS and Staples, as long as the max time is posted at 60 minutes or less, I usually can complete it at the max time or less, but ANY reset that I have had to do that they estimated that it would take an hour or more to complete, it has ALWAYS taken me longer than the max time to complete it.

Since I have worked for CPM, usually any work order / campaign I have been issued that requires a reset usually takes me about 1/3rd to ½ the time IN ADDITION to the max time listed when it comes to CVS or Staples resets. To me, whoever comes up with the max time for these reset work orders / campaigns really seem to be out of touch with reality AND should do a few of those resets at MY stores and see if they can complete them in the max time or less EXACTLY to the POG that they issued to my stores as they get their hands and fingernails all black and dirty from handling and moving these items for this Philips reset.

Yet be sure to request extra time so you can be paid for the time you had to work over the max time, but it irks me to have to provide a civilized reason as to why I am requesting extra time for resets, as I really want to state that the max time to complete this campaign IS NOT reasonable or realistic. Also I have found with it comes to pulling out the dated/old Mars candy work order / campaigns, most of the times I have always gone over the max time. Other than that, it seems like all of the other work I physically do at a CVS, I usually can easily do it in less than the max time. Yet I will say that overall doing those Philips resets and pulling the outdated Mars candy are by far the worse jobs and dirtiest and time consuming jobs I have ever done at CVS . . . I hate both of those jobs with a passion!

Nick
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2014 :  2:41:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They've known it would take longer than 2 hours, the supv sent out an email more than a week ago with "feedback" from reps and #1 on the list was the job took 3-1/2 to 4 hours to complete. The big thing I encountered with this company was that the jobs were scheduled before the materials arrived at the store alot of times. I had phone calls to the store and unnecessary trips, if I couldn't reach someone who knew where to look for stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
450 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2014 :  2:48:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As I had a manager tell me years ago on times for resets.
"Well the computer says that it can be done in this time length."
And my manager would say well the "puter" isn't a human. Tell a human to go do one first,then set a time that it actually takes.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2014 :  7:58:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
April, you are lucky . . . at least your supervisor keeps their field representatives aware of issues with various calls. With my DM, it is rare to get any updates or feedback on any call when issues of any kind come up with us field representatives that have troubles working a call. I though sure once CPM changed their platform over to RetailForce and them telling us about the My Messages section, I thought sure it would be a nice option for the DM and or CPM corporate to relay important messages to us in regards to issues with various calls that we are being assigned . . . yet at least here in Los Angeles, it seems that the My Messages option is rarely used.

In regards to us doing calls where the material or SKUs were sent to the store, I found it extremely frustrating working many of my calls these last 2 months, where it seems that I got clobbered with calls with a 1 to 2 week deadline, and either the store did not receive the product yet or the store could not locate it. GRRRRR!!! Yet in the case of the new Maybelline fixture and new Maybelline SKUs and the L’Oreal new SKUs cut-in call, I started getting complaints from some of the CVS managers and assistant managers about when was I going to do the Maybelline and L’Oreal calls. I had to politely tell them that I did not have a work order for them . . . yet I know at least half of my stores received their Maybelline fixtures at least 2 months ago and the fixtures were being stored in the stores stockroom. Yet I finally got assigned those calls earlier this month that were due on the 26th. It would have been nice to have worked those calls at least a month ago when I did not have as much CPM work at that time. Yet most of the time these past 2 months, it seems that I get calls that have been issued too early and the store does not have the material or product for me to successfully complete my calls . . . it would be nice if CPM would be patient and allow time for the material or product to arrive at the store before they start issuing those type calls. Now that I have completed my Philips reset calls, now I am getting managers wanting to know when I am going to stock their POG with the remaining small electronics they found in their stockroom. Yet since I already completed my campaign for their store, I have been ignoring those managers question.

Sue, LOL!!! I 100% agree with what your manager said. I have worked with some very bright and stealth CPM merchandisers on reset teams, but I am overall older and average when it comes to resets. When it comes to resets, I am not slow, but I think I work at a realistic good pace to try to complete a reset from start to finish, however if the reset max time is over an hour, it will take me longer.

Nick
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums