Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: CPM US (formerly known as National In Store (NIS))
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2014 :  8:30:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Every one of my Phillips resets took longer than budgeted. My ego was battered (since I expected to reduce my time with experience (not) but CPM did pay the extra time.) (one is still pending-mega overtime..) Looking for pegs and runners took me over 45 minutes in some stores. And, only one of my stores actually had 2 piece pegs so I had unscrew the top shelves and then rescrew them back. Then place the additional pegs. And, I had to hope the doors didn't fall out on me!
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2014 :  11:22:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laura_In_Az

Every one of my Phillips resets took longer than budgeted. My ego was battered (since I expected to reduce my time with experience (not) but CPM did pay the extra time.) (one is still pending-mega overtime..) Looking for pegs and runners took me over 45 minutes in some stores. And, only one of my stores actually had 2 piece pegs so I had unscrew the top shelves and then rescrew them back. Then place the additional pegs. And, I had to hope the doors didn't fall out on me!

Laura, I was in the same boat as you. ALL of my Philips resets took at least 3 to 3 1/2 hours to complete. As I too thought I could speed up with each one I did, but that never happened. As long as I had everything I needed to work with (i.e. keys to unlock the glass case, the labels, the product), it always took me about 3 hours or close to 3 hours to just do the reset ony, BUT it usually took an extra 20 to 30 minutes to find someone to print the labels, get the keys, go look in the stockroom for new product, sort the new product, and then trying to find a manager/assistant manager/shift supervisor to sign off on the sign-off form. I too had to take extra time to look for pegs and runners at some stores . . . which I am sure that time was never figured into our max time. Yet I must admit that I did always work at rapid pace at each store because I just wanted to be done with each job as soon as I could to get these dirty and unpleasant calls done with. However in regards to those doors falling out, CPM should have given us hazard pay, because I felt that job was dangerous in regards to have to deal with those doors . . . and of course your are there on your own with nobody to help you hold those doors when needed.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2014 :  10:34:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey there Sue, how did your week go? I hope that you received the email that I sent to you last week as my email was going a little haywire last week. Have a great weekend.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Robert111

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2015 :  06:33:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

Anyone out there doing those CVS Allergy Expansions? Do you think the time allotted is doable in most cases, or are you putting in special pay because it is exceeding the hours put in your system? I've seen the "estimated hours" for each store in an email and the amount they are loading into the system allotting us is much less! I ran over on a few more difficult ones that had more then 3 sections.

Robert Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2015 :  10:33:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had another CPM Merchandiser do work in your assigned CVS Pharmacy store?

Today while servicing one of my CVS Pharmacy stores, the manager told me that another CPM Merchandiser called his store this morning stating that they were coming in later today to do a reset in the pharmacy department.

Thus far, I never received a call (campaign) to do any resets in the pharmacy department at any of my CVS Pharmacy stores and nor did my DM state that someone else would be doing this reset in one of my stores.

I have worked for CPM for almost 3 years, and I had never heard of another CPM Merchandiser doing work in one of my stores WITHOUT my prior knowledge of it.

Does this happen without your knowledge? Yet on the flipside, one of the Shift Supervisors in the store told me that maybe the manager got CPM mixed up with CrossMark, since Crossmark does a lot of work in CVS Pharmacy stores.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2015 :  10:43:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why is the manager’s signature not good enough on the Manager’s Sign Off Form for calls made at CVS Pharmacy?

Does anyone know why CPM is now requiring us to add another step to completing our CVS Pharmacy work by having us to start getting a CVS Price Check Label at EACH store that we service, so that the CVS Price Check Label can be added to the Manager’s Sign Off Form (when the Manager’s Sign Off Form is required).

What will CPM be requiring next . . . maybe for us to wear an electronic ankle bracelet (at EVERY location that we service), so that they can track our day & time and GPS coordinates, to ensure that we were at our assigned CVS Pharmacy store to make sure that our time spent at each store matches our online reports in RetailForce. UGH!!!

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2015 :  7:58:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In regards to the 315 question Proctor & Gamble (P&G) survey in Retail Force (that is due today, Sunday August 23, 2015), has anyone else had trouble trying to get Retail Force to SAVE your data and the scanned copy or a photo of the Manager Sign Off form?

It seems that every time that I have to enter a survey in Retail Force that has over 200 questions, it seems that Retail Force does not want to save my information while using Firefox or Internet Explorer. Yet with a lot of extra trouble (due to problems going on with Google Chrome), I can eventually get my data and the scanned copy or a photo of the Manager Sign Off form saved using Google Chrome. As it is, it took me 15 to 30 minutes to answer all 315 questions on this latest P&G survey, and I have several CVS stores.

Just reading all of the questions that CPM is asking on this Proctor & Gamble survey, those eggheads that wrote these questions COULD HAVE received the same exact answers with a survey only 1/2 the size. Do they REALLY need to ask us 315 questions (for each CVS store/P&G restocking) AFTER us spending 2 full hours at each of our CVS stores restocking P&G products!?!

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
395 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2015 :  2:31:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Management, is again, rising to it's level of ineptitude. That is how most of them become managers
Go to Top of Page

Robert111

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2015 :  08:08:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, did you hear they are shipping US the Mars displays this year, rather then directly to the store LOL! Dang that is gonna take up all the space in the car.

Robert Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Gene Grubbs
Contributor

Illinois
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2015 :  3:23:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are hiring for 2 local CVS stores near me.

What products typically are serviced? How many hours are typical for a CVS?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2015 :  12:21:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with you 100% Robert Miller! :-)

Robert Johnson, I am not happy about my large display either. I agree it takes up a lot of space. Though I have several CVS stores, they only sent me 1 display. I am not sure what that is about. Yet during the past 2 years, I always wondered why ALL of my CVS stores do not get the same Mars and Hersheys service . . . i.e. not all of my CVS stores get those Mars candy discount coupons (i.e. by 2 bags and save $1). Yet as big as the hex bin is, that would have been easy to find in the stock room at any CVS store, so I am not sure why they mailed those to our homes. Yet I am glad they did not send us those haunted house candy displays . . . as I would not be able to get 1 of those in my car. LOL!!!

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2015 :  12:56:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gene Grubbs

They are hiring for 2 local CVS stores near me.

What products typically are serviced? How many hours are typical for a CVS?

Thanks

Gene,

I can not speak for your city and state, as it seems that different parts of the nation, CPM does not do the exact same work for all of the CVS stores in the nation and or at the same time per se, based on some of the emails that my DM sends us. Yet I will say that the work in Los Angeles has slowed down drastically since December 2014. Yet it seems that most of the work I am doing is Proctor & Gamble, Mars, Hersheys. Yet I am doing small & short calls for other manufacturers (via CPM as well), which often includes doing auditing, setting up displays, adding new products to an existing POG, removing discontinued products, updating displays and endcaps. Thus far this month, it looks like I will roughly have about 8 hours per store (i.e. 8 IN STORE hours, only). Yet since we do not get paid for administration time (time to print out all of our required paperwork, reading and understanding the paperwork/call, and then later entering all of our required data for our field reports), I think in my case, it is safe to say that it will take me an additional 2 ˝ to 3 hours PER STORE for the required administration work, yet that is about 2 ˝ to 3 hours for ALL of my field assignments this month for EACH store. Yet in an average month, I would say that I get about 6 to 12 hours (IN STORE hours, only) PER STORE.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2015 :  10:36:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
P.S. Gene, one of the calls that we have to do this month is for Procter & Gamble, where we have to stock any out of stock product out of about 80 or so different products (from a list that CPM provides to us), we also have to ensure that those 80 or so different products each have a shelf price label on the shelf itself. If there is no price label on the shelf, we have to have the store make the required missing shelf price label(s) and then put the price label on the shelf. CPM normally give us about 1 ˝ to 2 hours to complete this task “in the store” (depending on how many items we have to audit, stock, and replace any missing price labels). But it takes about 15 to 25 minutes (PER STORE) to complete the online report for this type of call . . . but it also depends on how many items that we have to audit on the list that they provide to us. Yet mind you, we DO NOT get paid for entering our data (administration time) for any call that we make at any store for CPM.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2015 :  4:15:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Per the bulletins, the total time budgeted includes the time to print paperwork and report. That is, admin time is included in the budgeted time. So, if a P&G job is budgeted at 120 minutes and you need 25 minutes to report, then you should only be spending approx. 90 min in the store. With the RF gun, I can usually check on all items within 65 to 75 minutes. I use the gun to check on on hands (item review) and attempt to find and stock the items I can. After 90 minutes I quit and use the balance of the time for the reporting and pre store printing time.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2015 :  1:05:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laura_In_Az

Per the bulletins, the total time budgeted includes the time to print paperwork and report. That is, admin time is included in the budgeted time. So, if a P&G job is budgeted at 120 minutes and you need 25 minutes to report, then you should only be spending approx. 90 min in the store. With the RF gun, I can usually check on all items within 65 to 75 minutes. I use the gun to check on on hands (item review) and attempt to find and stock the items I can. After 90 minutes I quit and use the balance of the time for the reporting and pre store printing time.

Laura, that is a great way to work this call. I am not sure why CPM (just 2 times this year I think) gave us an option that we ran out of time to look for or stock or make a label for an item.

Personally, I do not see how any representative can locate about 80 or so items, stock ALL of them that are out of stock AND have the store to print any missing price labels AND then put the missing price labels on the shelf between 90 minutes to 120 minutes. Many of my stores, I have to be let into the stock room, as the managers do not want vendors having a code to open the stock room door . . . then once I am in the stock room, it takes time to find the exact CVS item number I have to pull to restock any out of stock item. Basically it takes a lot of time just to find an employee that is not busy to let me in the stock room and then it takes time to find the items in the stock room. This factor to do this call ALONE burns up a lot of time . . . especially when there is a long list of out of stock items to be pulled from the stock room. Yet I think the people that create these calls with such a short/tight time frame are complete idiots! I sure would like some of those people to come to my stores and do EXACTLY and ALL what they want us to do in that time frame in the store AND then turn around and complete all of their administration work in that time frame as well. Let us not forget that we often NOW have to track down the manager to have them do the Manager Sign-Off sheet ALONG with getting the Price Check slip in the store (as double proof that we were at least at the particular CVS store on a certain day and time). UGH!!! :-(

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Gene Grubbs
Contributor

Illinois
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2015 :  3:05:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nick,

Thanks for the info. I sounds like I've been spoiled on the admin time with my main company allowing separate "office time" clock in option.

I even got a ink \ paper reimbursement automatically each quarter with another company. It was small job just 2x monthly at one sears, so sometimes my printing reimbursement was bigger than my pay.

Gene
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2015 :  4:49:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nick,

Thanks for the info. I sounds like I've been spoiled on the admin time with my main company allowing separate "office time" clock in option.

I even got a ink \ paper reimbursement automatically each quarter with another company. It was small job just 2x monthly at one sears, so sometimes my printing reimbursement was bigger than my pay.

Gene

Gene, you are welcome for the information. I hope that it helped. :-)

I am not sure what is the norm for merchandising companies when it comes to paying or not paying for administration time, however thus far, CPM has been the only merchandising company I have worked for that requires us to printout an extremely high volume of paperwork (for a few cents per page) each month (that we MUST organize and read) and requires us to spend a very, very sizable amount of time to do administration work with no compensation each month.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Gene Grubbs
Contributor

Illinois
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2015 :  6:45:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The cost of ink and paper does add up quick.

I've been able to cut back to a degree by using a tablet, but cant avoid allot of it.

It's sort of an invisible expense compared to mileage, but sure takes a bite when it comes time to by ink.

Definitely a factor when considering any offers.

Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2015 :  09:44:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

The cost of ink and paper does add up quick.

I've been able to cut back to a degree by using a tablet, but cant avoid allot of it.

It's sort of an invisible expense compared to mileage, but sure takes a bite when it comes time to by ink.

Definitely a factor when considering any offers.

Gene . . . well the miles that we drive is a whole other issue. Yet over the years that I have worked for CPM, I have a nice manageable route, where the wear-and-tear on my car and the gas is not a big issue, since all of the stores I service are less than 13 miles from my home. However whenever I get work to do one-time-calls at other locations, I often turn those down, because they deviate too far from my normal route where it is not worth my time and money to do those calls, often due to all of the extra driving that is not near my regular route.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2015 :  08:19:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received a mass email from my DM yesterday evening telling us representatives that CVS Pharmacy is more than likely going to go with a single service provided that is not CPM-US starting January 1, 2016. Did any of you representatives outside of California receive a similar email from your DM? Does anyone know who the new possible merchandising company is?

Nick
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums