Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: CPM US (formerly known as National In Store (NIS))
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Kim272h
Trainee

NC
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  10:18:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done floorgraphics for a few months now and enjoy it. It is a rather physical job in that you will be crawling around on the floor to get the graphics down, but not too hard. My rep is great about communicating and helping his reps out. The only complaint I would have is that the graphics were unbalanced at first--11 one month and then 2 the next.
I have seen other jobs for merchandising in drug stores & office supply stores and occasionally get e-mails for others, but haven't been able to commit to anything else. Their possibilities for work are endless.

Silver Certified Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

MichelePA

Schuylkill County, PA
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  12:47:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Most of the jobs I do for NIS are in CVS and Wal-Mart. Sometimes Staples, Rite Aid and a couple of other stores here and there.

I also have 2 stores that I do Floorgraphics in. It's not difficult at all (I think there may be a thread on Floorgraphics) but you do spend some time down on your knees.
Go to Top of Page

PennyB
Apprentice

Valdese, NC
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  2:32:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have one job with NIS how do you get other jobs with them? Do they have a job board?
Go to Top of Page

Kim272h
Trainee

NC
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2004 :  07:09:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Penny,
I think it really depends on the area, but I would contact your rep and let them know that you are interested in taking on any extra jobs that come up.

Silver Certified Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

Vonette
Star Contributor

Walla Walla, WA
USA
867 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2004 :  12:47:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, there's no job board. I'm not sure how they determine who gets the work. I had worked on one project (picture frames) for them for about six months when I was offered some Floorgraphics work as well. With both the picture frames and the Floorgraphics, I was eventually offered additional stores. Recently I was asked if I wanted to take on an office supply store for a new account they were starting as well, but it was too many hours for me. So, they do eventually reward you with more work if you're dependable and if they have more work in your area.

However, I also know that sometimes they have given work in my stores to another rep who lives quite a bit further away. (I know this because I see her name on the store log on the NIS sign-in page, and I know where she lives because I worked on a reset with her once.) These visits are for different projects than mine but in the same store. I have sometimes wondered why the work wasn't offered to me since I go to that store regularly anyway and don't have to drive an hour to get there. (Not that it really matters since I'm too busy anyway!) My guess is that since different projects are handled by different supervisors, it all depends on whether the particular supervisor on the project knows you or not. It's such a big company, they may not always realize they have another rep working in the same store on a different project, or maybe they just want to use as few people as possible on some projects. I got on with the Floorgraphics account when it was new because the supervisor at the time was also supervising the picture frames, so she knew me. Same goes for the work I was offered in the office supply store. My advice would be the same as Kim's -- to let your supervisor know that you are interested in more work whenever they should have any come available.
Go to Top of Page

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2004 :  6:34:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Could anyone tell me how to sign up with NIS? I have gone to their home page and couldn't find anywhere to apply. I am a mystery shopper, but my husband and I would like to do some merhcandising together. Since I'm new at this, what is floorgraphics work?

Peggy L
MSPA Gold Certified #irkurx
Shopping and Merchandising SE Michigan
Macomb, St Clair, Oakland, & Lapeer Counties
Go to Top of Page

MichelePA

Schuylkill County, PA
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2004 :  04:31:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Go to their website www.nationalinstore.com, click on "Employment" and then there's a link for merchandising. That will take you to an online application.
Go to Top of Page

MaryannShearer

PA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2004 :  11:45:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Floor graphics are signs on the floor of a store... Like a big sticker...

When you apply them to the floor you need to push all the air bubbles out from under the sticker.... takes time to do that.

Good luck in merchandising.
Go to Top of Page

LolaKelly

Burbank, CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  09:30:49 AM  Visit LolaKelly's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
It depends on the division you work for, in Southern California they have no contact with you until you do something wrong. They make up some excuse, “I never got your message” or “I never got your email”, but if you don’t do any of the work, there right on your tail and then like magic, gee they find your email or make comment to your voice mail.
Be selective about the work you take, the cost of the job and make sure they have the zip codes of the area you choose to work for. They will try to send you into areas you might not want to work in. Just remember to work wise!
Good Luck!

Lola
Go to Top of Page

.AlisonBrown
Inactive

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2004 :  06:41:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Lola. I've been trying to get in touch with
the rep for my area for over a week. I've got return receipts
saying the email has been opened so I'm assuming she is receiving
it but no reply. Very frustrating.

Alison
Go to Top of Page

MrsKenna
Star Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
1641 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2004 :  6:04:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LolaKelly

So true! I don't do any work for them but my hubby does and he is tired of it!!!

CALIFORNIA- Oxnard, Camarillo, Ventura, Port Hueneme and neighboring cities
Go to Top of Page

LolaKelly

Burbank, CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2004 :  11:22:29 PM  Visit LolaKelly's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Now that you are working for NIS, are you getting $5.00 job?
Are you doing them?
I'm not, it's not worth my time.

Lola
Go to Top of Page

Vonette
Star Contributor

Walla Walla, WA
USA
867 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2004 :  12:54:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
$5.00 a job? No, all my work with them has paid well, usually $10/hour or more.
Go to Top of Page

Jenn Chavis

Las Vegas, Nevada
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2004 :  9:24:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have just signed on with NIS. I have been assigned 2 picture frame jobs 2x a month and 5 floorgraphics 1x a month. I am waiting on some planograms to start but I am looking forward to it.

JennC
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  06:10:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Vonette. I have never had a job under $10.00 an hour with NIS. Even their conference calls are worth $6.50 for sitting in for about twenty minutes. Their weekend demos are usually in the $14.00 an hour area.
Go to Top of Page

MichelePA

Schuylkill County, PA
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  06:38:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had $5 jobs from NIS before, but they're usually at stores where I'm doing another job and so I just do them while I'm there. But right now I have a list of $5 jobs at about a dozen or so different stores on my web page and quite honestly, I'm not looking forward to doing them.
Go to Top of Page

.AlisonBrown
Inactive

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  07:56:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can you pick and choose your assignments with NIS or are you obligated to do all jobs in "your particular territory?"

Alison
Go to Top of Page

Vonette
Star Contributor

Walla Walla, WA
USA
867 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  10:36:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't be too happy if they gave me a dozen stores at $5 each. I might do one or two as a favor since they give me regular work, but I'm not sure what I would do if they gave me a dozen. I would never have expected that kind of treatment from them, and I'm sorry to hear they are doing it.
Go to Top of Page

Donna in Santa Rosa

Santa Rosa, CA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  9:12:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do floorgraphics for them which I love. Very hard physical work but I have 4 regular stores. I'm sorry that we won't be doing them after Decemeber.

As for the 5.00 shops, a schedular posted a dozen on my website. Some are for 7.50. Most of them are out of my area. One 5.00 shop is 2 hours away down a winding ocean road with steep cliffs. I wrote her and told her I was not doing these shops. I am not into paying to work. Never heard from her and more have been dumped on my web page.

I am too busy to stress over this and am just going let it go. It's one thing if I consented to do these shops and another just to have them dumped on me.
Go to Top of Page

Traci_OR

Oregon
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  9:16:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jenn Chavis-- You will love working for NIS. I have been doing the frames for a little over 2 years. The pay is great and the work is pretty much routine (once you get to know your stores and managers). I just had my stores update to twice a month too! They pay like clock work, I have never had to dispute a late paycheck issue not getting paid the right amount! Best of luck!

MSPA Silver Certified ynzrd7
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums