Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: CPM US (formerly known as National In Store (NIS))
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  06:56:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me who to contact to get additional work with NIS in Ohio? I did a demo at Walmart, by next one was canceled and payment was right on. The contact page on their website won't load for me. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

SusanGA

Thomson, GA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  11:54:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done projects for them off and on for three years, and I never worried about getting paid. One of the best companies I have ever done work for, and I wish they had MORE work in my area.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  1:08:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I loved it, just don't know how to get more work.
Go to Top of Page

KerryT
Apprentice

Oliver Springs, TN
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  5:14:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for NIS since March and the Manager in my area has been great. The money is on time and you don't have to chase around for it!!

Kerry
Go to Top of Page

Robert The Smilee 1

East Fultonham, OH
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  2:04:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am a team lead for them in Ohio. I have exp some problems with them when it comes to pay, I had 2 of my crew put off for about 2 or 3 months on a pay issue.First they wanted to pay my crew under me, well that was fine, but then when the paperwork was signed off for the job they entered my reps independently and never told me. So when the ck came, yep only my money and no one else. I contacted them and found out that now everyone had to be I.C. and needed to fill out paperwork....when i asked were they going to tell me this! Well we got this done and sent in and about a month further on only 2 were paid....my dm had lost the other forms, again I asked when was we going to be told this!Well just when you thought it was all fixed....my last rep they had messed up on his S.S. number, well because of all the problems that they had caused, and Christmas was coming, I asked if they would send him a special issue or something to make up for all there mistakes. They were generous enough to say yes and then not do it. So in January he finally got his ck after 3 months...and it was not him that made the interest of the money, but NIS with a free loan.
This was all surrounding a sears set in major appliance that needed carpenters and not merchandisers, and we were told 3 reps for 8 hours on the project, well 7 reps about 10 hours and we had to get the electrician from the mall to move outlets that were preventing the work. I understand that some people lost there jobs in corp. over this, and because of all the problems my dm in this division stopped returning my emails.
This is just one pay problem, we have had others when what they call sp is involved, but I have stuck it out and all in all it has been ok, just stay on top of your pay and watch all of your time that is above what is approved, extra time is paid different and is up to your dm to put in...this is where some of the problems are....but that's another story and it seems that there is allot of good feedback so perhaps my group is the exception....but as always just keep an eye on your pay....I would say that for any company..
My best to you!

Robert Pollock
Cornerstone Merchandising Company of S.E.O.
Team Lead
Scheduler/Trainer
Go to Top of Page

Helen Jean Harris
Valued Contributor

Mesa, AZ
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  12:10:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've worked for them for two years. Pay is fine. They are somewhat unorganized and went through a big change in management or at least district and national managers last year. However, will pay.

Helen Jean
Go to Top of Page

Douglas05
Contributor

Shelby, NC
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  10:20:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did 2 demo jobs for NIS a few months ago. The pay was good and on time. I e-mailed the schedular about more work and didn't even get an answer. Saw a post on NARMS for a deffernt assigment. I called and spoke with someone who said thay would "contact me in a few days" and never heard back from them. Last night I get a call from a schedular who ask to do 2 "last second" merchandising jobs that were 26 miles from my home and the report needed to be finished before midnight tonight. I called today to ask about paperwork and pay. He said they pay $5.00 each. Needless to say I didn't drive 26 miles one way, set product to POG, print all the paper work and do the report for $10.00. It may have been deffernt if I could have had a few days to work the jobs into my route. Oh well ..... I tend to be loyal to the companies that are loyal to me.

Silver certified...Shopping NC. Charlotte Metro and Upstate SC.
Go to Top of Page

Douglas05
Contributor

Shelby, NC
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  05:16:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a demo job for them a few months back. The pay was good and on time. I e mailed to ask about other work and never heard back from them. 2 weeks ago a call came from NIS and they ask me to drive 30 miles and do a $5.00 merchandising job. I would have liked to help but can't take a loss to work.

Silver certified...Shopping NC. Charlotte Metro and Upstate SC.
Go to Top of Page

Hallie
Contributor

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  08:30:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Any new information on NIS please.
Go to Top of Page

Helen Jean Harris
Valued Contributor

Mesa, AZ
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  4:35:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for them all the time. Great company, pay is not bad, directions clear and managers you work with are terrific. Will help in any way they can. Pay is very timely. You do have to complete online surveys same day of work, but they are easy input. You then mail in your merchandiser invoice in pre-paid envelops.

Hope they stay around a very long time!

Go for it and work for them.
Go to Top of Page

SWelcer

Tucson, AZ
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  5:26:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are excellent! I've been with them since July, and wouldn't dream (at this point) of leaving them! I too wish I could get more work with them! But, hey, a steady monthly job with them, ontime pay, paid CC's, and pretty good communications!

GO FOR IT! You won't be sorry!

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

JimVan
Contributor

Oregon
USA
156 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  12:24:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've worked for them for over 18 months and have had NO problems whatsoever. They pay on time, every time and my DM is great.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

ChrisLaNene

Reynoldsburg, OH
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  11:11:49 AM  Send ChrisLaNene an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
NIS is the Best, the pay is timely and the DM's are great. Every now and then you may even get a "bonus". I have worked with them since last December and I have had not a single problem.

ChrisLaNene H.
MSPA Silver Certified:#ijmp1c
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2005 :  9:14:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree Chris, NIS is really a great company to work for.I just did a demo this past week, and got one of those GREAT Bonus's!! And it was a really great one!
Go to Top of Page

Varee

Macedon, NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  1:29:56 PM  Visit Varee's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to say, I agree with the majority, NIS is a great company to work for But if you are looking for more work doing different jobs with them, check the NARMS site. The recruiters for each department post jobs seperately. So if you see one in your area that you'd like to try to the ad and let them know you are already an IC with NIS and would be interested in working with more departments, by doing this you are contacting each department that has work in your area individually and stand a better chance of getting more work. That's how I got the best paying and easiest job I've ever had! I'm just sorry that it was only for one month.

Varee
Go to Top of Page

Sara D
Valued Contributor

South Hadley, MA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  11:03:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I'd be really interested to hear how people are doing with the coffee demo through this company...

I've done two so far myself.

Are you having good luck with your machine?

Are people liking the coffee??

Are you selling machines during your demo???

Are you having good luck communicating with the company about the demos????

Thanks

-Sera

Sara A Davidow,
MSPA Gold Certified shopper #aziwc5
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  1:41:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the coffee demo but it is not NIS, it was mistakenly listed as NIS. It is actually another company and I haven't had any problems.
Go to Top of Page

Stacy1
Contributor

Billerica, MA
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  4:59:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am really enjoying the cofee demos(Keurig)and NIS. I was doing coffee demos for the competitor (Tassimo) over the holidays and really enjoyed it, so I was definitely interested when this opportunity with NIS presented itself. These demos are realy well received by the public and who can resist a good cup of coffee? I also find NIS is like a breath of fresh air as my DM is extremely professional and always availiable to answer questions and help out with any issue that may present itself. The management in the agency really seem to be on top of things. My only complaint is that the stores seem to have very low stock levels on the coffeemakers and as such the product is not very visible (but I guess that is the reason they have hired us!)One manager told me that the product sells so well it is hard to keep stock levels up so at least that is a good reason.

Stacy
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  02:19:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am confused, I am doing the same coffee demo but for another company. It was listed as NIS but it isn't. The scheduler posted wrong.
Go to Top of Page

JeanS
Contributor

West of the Rockies
USA
54 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  10:36:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone out there doing merchandising (not demos) for NIS that would like to share some info with me? I'm working for them but had no training and have a DM who is not responsive but I like the work and want to continue. I just need a lil help with some billing questions.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums