Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: CPM US (formerly known as National In Store (NIS))
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  8:11:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
See I guess that is why you are working so much you have those floor graphics and the tech jobs, but look at your regular jobs, there arent many out there, huh? I have the office jobs and all but that is here and there ya know? I emailed my DM when I saw that we had lost them and she didnt even know we had lost them, they didnt even tell her so there is a chance your DM might not know as well. But keep an eye out and watch they will not be on our site this month or next month, b/c they are on Crossmarks website.

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  8:28:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What other jobs has NIS dropped? I just checked my schedule with them and I have close to 30 hours just for this week on my schedule with them. It will not take but about half that time; last week I only had about 12 hours with them. But they were working me to death; so the 12 hours was pretty good. If I take the extra balloon and scorecard store that will add more hours this week. I was getting weekly office depot visits in 2 stores; but they changed them to bi-weekly. I also do the tech part in the picture printing departments in Rite Aid ( but those are just random). We do have alot of Grocery Stores, CVS and Rite Aids in my area. Just within 14 miles (round trip) I have about 10 grocery stores, 3 Walmarts, 4 Rite Aids, 4 CVS, 3 Freds, and Target plus the pharmacys. Then I work the 2 Office Depots regular. I also have 1 area that I drive right now that is 20 miles away that I have some grocery stores, walmart, CVS and Rite Aid in. I get mileage for this location so have been doing it until they find another rep. I am sure I left some out; because right now NIS is my main money maker. I hope I do not loose alot of work, (but a little wouldnt hurt)

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  8:36:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That is the only one that I know of off hand that we have lost, as far as steady work. Most of our work is here and there work not steady monthly work so it comes and goes ya know? I guess you do do way more than me b/c I dont have any work in Riteaids, and grocery stores or any walmarts right now at all. The only regular work I had in RA and Wal was lifecycles. And never any work in grocery stores. What do you do in the grocery stores?

I need more work for them, maybe I need to sign up for the other teams you are on, what is your managers email addresses if you dont mind? I can email them and see if they have any work in my areas ever to call on me.

Thanks,

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  11:52:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here is my bosses email to the lifecycle thing. As well as lack of work we have been having. Doesnt look good at all here. If I wanted to work nights and more physical work I wouldnt be a merchandiser. So hopefully NIS doesnt take this turn b/c I absolutly love them.

"Yes that is true. It was confirmed on a CC Friday. Not sure what is going on but feel certain NIBS will get back into the game soon. We seem to be leaning toward more physical work and work done @ night, 6-8 man/woman teams. Hang in there I am confident it will get better"

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  9:22:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are you serious? I know everything things I am just making this up; but I have been doing great with them. The only thing I lost was the lifeclinic (but that was the lowest paying job they had me do).

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  10:33:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yep Maralyn I think that does say it all. My paychecks havent been to pretty either, lol.. And read what my manager said in her email I think that pretty much explains it all now.
D

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  9:49:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well it looks like its hitting my area now. I just looked at my schedule and as of tonight all I have is a job in the pet dept in 2 walmarts; the 2 regular ink jobs in office depot, 2 scorecard in CVS and only 2 floorgraphics showing. I am hoping they put some more on there after the 4th. I am not sure whats up with floorgraphics. I hope they havent put them all on there yet due to holiday. Also got my last check and it was just under $200, and normally when I get the check that comes around the 25th its $400 (give or take a few dollars). Alot of my jobs are paid 1 time a month; while others are on the biweekly; but I didnt realize how much work I had lost. I hope this weeks checks makes up for it. I guess the end of month check included the life clinics because I would get around $100 a month for those. So that took a big part of the $400. I do have a big bonus coming on the next check plus mileage pay due to training a new rep. So that will help.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  02:49:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just started with them and I am overwhelmed with work. I will hang on to my other jobs though, just in case. I have done demo's for them for years and those kind of went away, so I went to the merchandising job and my DM just keeps adding.
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  09:35:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
O the work is definatly going away, I have been with them for over 10 years and normally make about $500-$600 per month and now this month what is on my site I will make $160.00 so as you can see that is a 75% cut. My husband works for MSG (merchandising solutions group) from time to time and his boss told him that they are in the process of buying out NIS. That is why NIS sent that email asking who wants to do overnight work and that the work will start being more physical work, b/c MSG is exclusively with Lowes and they do over night work. So this does not look like a good turn for NIS, unless MSG keeps that division which I think they will try and do b/c they have been trying to get more into the merchandising world but havent been able to so this may be there way to do that, by buying NIS. But NIS seems to be looseing the work they do have and not making an effort to get anymore work (maybe b/c they figure it is now MSG's job) but regardless the work is going and it doesnt look good. I emailed my boss about the buyout and she didnt know anything about it, which doesnt surprise me b/c remember MCA they didnt know anything until that day? And we all lost our jobs to. Good thing about MSG though is the reps they have are overnight reps so 9 chances out of 10 they will probley keep us b/c they need us, they dont have reps in all towns like MCA did. For MSG they only have 2 reps in my state alone so I dont think that will be the problem, I think the work will be, or lack of it for that matter. But if you want overnight/travel work they got that for sure.

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:06:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think that merchandising work is unstable anyhow and it also depends on the area. I am actually in 2 different Lowes for NIS. My work load is plenty.
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:11:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jenny is your Lowes accounts NEW with NIS? I ask this b/c I have only had 1 lowes job ever with NIS and MSG is exclusivly with Lowes so if it is simi new I would say that work is from the MSG side not NIS side.

And yes it always depends on the area but even if you have a large busy area you are still cut simply b/c the overall work has been cut no matter what way you look at it. My mother works an area about 3 hours from me and she has double the work that I normally do and still she has more work than I do but overall her workload is down big time.

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:43:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MSG worked in Kroger and Win Dixie with resets. I worked a few of these last year for them. With NIS I still have alot of work but nothing like last month. I know all my floorgraphics will be the end of month so I havent seen all those yet. But I do have alot of stores in my area. I am sad that I only got $200 this check when I usually am around $400. I have been making $600-$800 a month with NIS; but I am on the tech division also. And I also have 4 walmarts, alot of CVS and Rite Aids plus all the Floorgraphic stores. When did MSG start only working Lowes? When I did the resets for them they didnt offer me anything in Lowes only the grocery stores.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:47:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I say mainly Lowes b/c that is the bulk of there business, but yes here and there they do go into other stores, I remember the Winn Dixie's also. But mainly there in Lowes, they have been doing Lowes accounts since my husband started with them at least for the last 6 years now. They are trying to branch out like I said so all there eggs arent in one basket so to say. Which is a good idea for them. Yea, my paycheck is not looking to good either, in fact I am going to start putting in my apps elsewhere to make up for the lack of work. Which I never thought I would have to do but since MCA is gone and NIS isnt looking to good I guess I have to.

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:53:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It was last summer when I did the resets for them; it was doing the prepaid cards so pretty easy. I think I may need to contact them and get my foot back in there if they are going to take over NIS. I am hoping that its just rumor with NIS but it sure isnt looking good. I hope all my other companies stay put.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  11:56:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yea remember that card thing was supposed to be every month and then it went away? I was hopeing that would be steady work, they were really trying to make it work in the merchandising area I think, at least that is what my husbands boss told him. He is the one that got me that job. Anyway it might be just a rumor but I remember a few weeks before Archway bought out MCA one of my stores told me that there Archway rep said they were buying out MCA and I didnt beleive it, I said that was rumor and look what happened. So I guess it could be good or bad, but I think with MSG it is a little differant since they dont have tons of reps like Archway does. It might benift us.

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  12:03:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am sure something is going with them. The card job I did was just 1 time resets nothing that was monthly. I didnt like they way the jobs posted though. I think I am going to contact them or try to login the the system again to see. I am not really sure its been so long; but either she would mail me list of stores with the resets or they posted on website. I hope if they do buy the out they still keep us. The floorgraphics and Tech division pay very good.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  2:16:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do not know if my Lowe's job is new since I am new to the merchandising side of NIS, why would they be hiring new merchandisers if they had been bought out? I guess we will just have to wait and see, in the meantime I will take all of the work they throw at me and right now on top of the others that I work for, I am swamped. I am even working tomorrow. Live and learn.
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  2:21:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
"Why would they be hiring new merchandisers if they are being bought out?" B/c they have to do business as usual until all is said and done. Just like MCA did, they were hireing until the very day and none of the managers even knew about the buyout until that day when they lost there jobs just like that. I hear ya I take whatever they throw at me, it just hasnt been to much, lol... Good for you that is great you are busy right now with them.

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

JennyT.OH
Valued Contributor

OH
USA
119 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  2:56:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Danielle

"If I wanted to work nights and more physical work I wouldnt be a merchandiser. "

Danielle, please don't take offense at this because in no way do I mean any disrespect.I am just curious about your statement I quoted above. Why would you think merchandising isn't supposed to be physical work? Every company I have ever applied with and worked for has stated up front that merchandising is a physical job. Most job listings and apps specifically state you must be able and willing to climb ladders, stand for long periods, lift items repetitively, etc. ?

I do understand the comment about the nights, since the majority of us do work days.

Just wondering...

Always looking for great companies to work for in the SW OH, SE IN and Northern KY areas!
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  4:42:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was referring to the Lowes night resets that MSG has they are very very physical, nothing like we do on resets. These resets are mostly men on them and it is for a good reason, VERY PHYSICAL. You have to climb up to the top of the ceiling and move the beams in lowes, like we move shelves on resets they move beams and that to me is not what a merchandiser is all about even in resets I no where near work as hard as these guys do on these overnight resets. The majority of my work is not physical as far as I am concerned, it is service work and some resets here and there but really I have never done a reset like they do in the Big box stores, that is why they hire alot of men.

Dont worry about offending anyone, we are all friends here..

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums