Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: CPM US (formerly known as National In Store (NIS))
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Varee

Macedon, NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  06:14:29 AM  Visit Varee's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with NIS for 2 years. I know that work is a little scarce right now. I agree the loss of the life clinics is taking a bite out of my checks. I think everyone is feeling the loss of work right now, but this isn't all that uncommon. Any of you that have been with NIS for more than a year. Go to you site and check to see what your checks were a year ago. The work seems to drop off during the summer and right around the end/beginning of the year.

Since, like all of you I am an IC with them so I don't know any more than anyone else about if NIS is being bought out or not. But no matter what is happening, I'll continue to do my work and look for the increase in my work-load when summer is almost over. I also work for other companies and have found a lot of them have the "over-night" type of resets going during the summer.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong or right(I don't know for sure either), just wanted to add my and maybe offer a little piece of mind to the rest of you. A large drop off of work in the summer and end/beginning of the year seems to be the norm.

If you truly enjoy the work for NIS but need to make more money then look at other companies that have work in your area. I do service work for 2 other companies and both of them work right in with my regular work when my NIS work load is high.

Ok, so now you have my on the subject.

Varee
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  09:50:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have NEVER had slow times in the middle of the year, my slow times are Jan- March. Definatly not July. But I really think it is like the other poster said, it is b/c the company is selling out and loosing work. I think they are not interested in getting new accounts or keeping the ones they have b/c they are selling out and they arent worried about it. So we loose again. Hopefully it will pick up I will keep my fingers crossed b/c I really love working for NIS. The only thing steady we have now is the scorecards everymonth which are a pain in the you know what, lol..

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

StevenG

GA
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  12:28:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm supposed to receive a call this week about starting with NIS. Is there anything you wish you'd asked or known before you started? Sounds like you can pick the jobs you want. Is that true? What are the preferred jobs and what are the least desirable that they offer?
Go to Top of Page

523Kristy
Trainee

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  3:02:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently gave NIS my one-month notice. I was getting regular work but getting paid my mileage was like pulling teeth. I just got tired of the hassle of getting paid the money I'm owed every time I got a check.

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

JeanS
Contributor

West of the Rockies
USA
54 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  5:41:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mileage????? I was told no mileage!!!

My jobs haven't declined but I don't get that much - tho I have noticed that more are playing a flat rate vs. hourly. I do floorgraphics once a month (hourly) and usually a few jobs at the major office supply store (most are flat rate).
Go to Top of Page

Varee

Macedon, NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  7:02:20 PM  Visit Varee's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jean, mileage is paid on certain jobs, but for the most part there is no mileage paid. Kristy must have been working those jobs to be having an issue with mileage.I'm glad that you aren't having a problem with work slowing down. I have noticed a drop in jobs, but as I said, this is not uncommon. Last year from June-Sept I had only a sticker job at the Wal-Marts that I service. Many of the other stores had few if any calls during those months. Only my scorecards stayed constant. My income dropped to less than half of what it had been. Once September hit everything went back to normal and then some. I'm not speaking from memory, I have a record of every visit I've made for NIS (as well as any other company) since I started doing this. My husband and I make our living doing this work so I have to know when to expect slow times so that I can budget for them.

Nice to hear from you again Jean

Varee
Go to Top of Page

JeanS
Contributor

West of the Rockies
USA
54 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  7:32:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from you, too. I think I don't notice the down turn because I'm in a rural area with no big box stores. I don't get that much work normally, lol.
Go to Top of Page

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  07:59:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have added another job to my schedule but its only a 45 minute job in Walmart. Also I was reading and it gives the instructions for Rite Aids and Walmarts. I cover about 10 Rite Aids and 4 Walmarts. Out of all these stores I only have 1 store showing the new visit. I am not sure if the job is only in 1 store or what is going on. I know alot of times jobs will not be in all my locations; but never do I have a job in only 1. If I only had a few stores I could see this but with the amount of locations I cover I think something is going on.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

JeffAL

Birmingham, AL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  8:36:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kim,

That job you refer to seems to be showing up for all of my assigned Wal-Marts and Rite Aids in my territory. I have 13 Wal-Mart and 11 Rite Aid. So maybe something is going on with yours?

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  9:07:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The job yall are talking about is that the Pet project in the walmart stores? If so I have it in all of my walmarts but I have nothing in any of my Rite aids and I have 7 of them? What job is in Rite aids?

Thanks,

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  06:25:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I emailed my Dm about it. She said that all my stores were right. I think its wrong. They may have them another reps schedule. I have had a few times where I check and there will be work on mine that will be 2 hours a way in locations I have never been. I will have to email them to take it off. And then I have had them put a job up the last minute and say that it was put on the wrong reps schedule. But the jobs in Walmart are the pet job and the Freestyle job.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Varee

Macedon, NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  07:54:48 AM  Visit Varee's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kim,
My suggestion would be to send your DM an e-mail with the store number of the Rite Aid stores you normally have and ask her if these stores have been put on someone else's site, otherwise you may end up with all of them at the last minute. After looking at my site and my husbands that job seems to be in all Rite Aid stores as well as all Wal-Marts. I'll e-mail you the survey number for the Rite Aid stores if you'd like so you can include that in your e-mail to your DM.

Varee

Go to Top of Page

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  07:59:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That would be great. I did tell her the stores when I emailed her. I am sure that my other stores should have the jobs completed also.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  10:16:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can somebody please tell me what the job is in Rite aids? What is the project #? I dont have any RA on my list at all. All I have is the Walmart pet job.

Thanks,
Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  1:40:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys for emailing me and letting me know what the job #'s were for those project. I just checked my site and thank goodness it is looking better, we have more work which is a great sign. Maybe things are as bad as we thought. Hopefully not. I got that project in ALL of my Walmarts and ALL of my Rite Aids. They just came on there either yesterday or today so anyone that hasnt checked there site check it, it looks good.

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

StevenG

GA
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  2:26:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can someone briefly summarize what the CVS scorecard project entails? Do you ever have any problems with CVS management when going over their scorecard? About how long does an average audit take? What are the CVS managers attitudes towards you doing these audits? Any other advice for a rookie would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

JeffAL

Birmingham, AL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  5:57:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Steven,

The scorecard visits are basically an audit of the store's retail execution compliance in areas such as new item cut-ins, sale signs, and POG resets. Some month's surveys are longer than others, but I usually get out in less than an hour. Managers might be a little intimidating at first, especially if the rep they had before was a pushover and you refuse to be. However, I've found that once they see I am there to do my job and am not budging, they put their effort on improving their stores instead of haggling for a better score. Granted, they may still offer you "excuses" for not being compliant, but the key is to be firm. IF you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Varee

Macedon, NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  6:29:29 PM  Visit Varee's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Steven,
Jeff has given you great information and advice. The only thing I'd like to add is to make sure they check the telxon to verify if the are authorized for any cut-ins that you couldn't find. If they are authorized then give them the opportunity to show you where it was cut-in (some stores it may not be in the area that the scorecards says it's in)

Then when you are reviewing the scorecard with them and they are sure they are compliant (usually on POGs or cut-ins). Let them show you. If they are compliant and you made a mistake, accept it and change the score accordingly. If they have the POG or cut-in done but dates on the tags were out of range then point that out to them and they don't get the point(s).

These steps will show them that you are willing to admit if you made a mistake and adjust the scores accordingly, but they have to show you that they are compliant, you aren't going to just take them at their word.

As Jeff said some of the managers can be very intimdating but after a couple months they will back off if you stand your ground.

You should do fine
Varee
Go to Top of Page

JeffAL

Birmingham, AL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  9:31:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Excellent points Varee. Anyone else have managers who try to confuse you with the telxon too? I swear they can come up with an answer for everything! I have a couple who insist on using Item Locator instead of Item Review because they know it will show POG Desc. Not Available and not the MP number we are supposed to check. I haven't fallen for it yet, but they keep trying. ;-)

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Rae
Apprentice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:57:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone else feel completely unwelcome in Staples stores? I find that sometimes the work has already been done and then the manager gets mad at me and thinks they shouldn't have to sign off on my paperwork. It's not my fault if they don't know how to read the "Hold for NIS" sticker. Also in Staples it seems like management really resents me coming in to do work in their stores.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums