Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: CPM US (formerly known as National In Store (NIS))
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

JeanS
Contributor

West of the Rockies
USA
54 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  2:21:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
At first I had a problem with one of the managers but not anymore - they are great but I live in a small town so I am sure that helps.

I would recommend that you avoid the problem managers and go to the one or ones that are nice - it worked for me. Also, remember that you don't always have to go to a manager - when it's computer related I go to the lead tech. Ever since I gave him the free promo items from the printer company he loves to see me, lol. Heck, why not come up with some cheap promo item yourself and give it to them, lol. You'd be surprised far something free can go (dollar store stuff works).

Go to Top of Page

JeffAL

Birmingham, AL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  6:08:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get the same thing in my Staples stores. They aren't exactly rude, but you can tell they resent me "checking" on them. That's what they think I'm doing since they usually have the POG's done before I arrive. Even when they aren't done, they usually don't want me to. They must be really picky at corporate level or something.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Varee

Macedon, NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  01:45:26 AM  Visit Varee's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't have this problem in my Staples, they are usually happy to see me. Some of the stores I do usually have the POGs set but others seem to wait until the last minute to see if I'll be sent in to do it for them. I actually have one store though that seems to take it as a challenge to see if they can get some of the things done before I get there and if they do the manager will be grinning from ear to ear because they "beat me to it". But if the sticker says "Hold for NIS" they do wait for me (usually).

I didn't realize how lucky I am with the managers in my stores until you posted how they are in yours. Thank you both for letting me see how good I have it in my stores.

Varee
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  1:31:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I asked my DM,outright, she said that the company had not been sold. They are undergoing a few changes and that work was plentiful and steady. Just thought that I would alleviate everyone's fears!
Go to Top of Page

JeanS
Contributor

West of the Rockies
USA
54 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  2:51:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been watching the post and haven't noticed a decline until now. There are no floorgraphics this month - only the ISPs for my grocery stores - that's a first for me.
Go to Top of Page

JeanS
Contributor

West of the Rockies
USA
54 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  8:45:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have other companies, too - 2 of them that have regularly scheduled weekly work - they are my mainstay. I don't live in an area where any one job could be enough work.

I have also noticed more and more NIS jobs that are a fix $$ amt and less that are hourly.
Go to Top of Page

Mary A.
Contributor

Rock Falls, Illinois
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  08:14:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does National In-Store do Floor Graphics?

Mary A.
Shopping northwest Illinois
Go to Top of Page

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  2:12:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why is NIS hiring for Hershey? Is this new or something that has been going on?

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Varee

Macedon, NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  6:25:31 PM  Visit Varee's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mary, yes NIS does Floorgraphics (I have them almost every month) Kim, I'm not sure about the Hershey thing but I believe it is new because I ran a job search about a month ago to see if a certain project was listed and I saw nothing about Hershey then.

Have a great evening everyone

Varee
Go to Top of Page

JeanS
Contributor

West of the Rockies
USA
54 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  7:04:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hershey's - check out the NIS homepage: http://www.nis-retail.com/ - look at the Careers tab.
Go to Top of Page

Varee

Macedon, NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  7:09:40 PM  Visit Varee's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry Jean.... I meant that they weren't there a month ago. Just started seeing it last week.

Varee
Go to Top of Page

JeanS
Contributor

West of the Rockies
USA
54 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  8:30:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OH no...Varee....I knew that and didn't mean that you missed it - I think it just popped up because I would have seen it before (my bookmark is to that page).

Hope all's well with you and you've been great helping me when I was new!!! Listen up everyone, lol.
Go to Top of Page

Mary A.
Contributor

Rock Falls, Illinois
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  6:48:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks!!

I will keep applying.

I want to do the floor graphics in this area if possible.
If you could see how bad they done around here you would be shocked.
I don't dog on other merchandisers, but whoever does these should be fired.
Go to Top of Page

JeffAL

Birmingham, AL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  11:50:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mary,

Next time you're in those stores, check the corner of the graphic and see if it says SmartSource or FLOORgraphics. There are two companies doing the floor ads in stores now. FLOORgraphics lost a lot of chains to Smartsource some time back. Our Smartsource rep here used to be awful, and the graphics were on the floor upside down and wrinkled and everything under the sun. It was awful!!! Much better now though. =)
Go to Top of Page

Jim Brown

Pine City, NY
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  5:56:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a call in mid August requesting me to sign up and do a rush job in area drug stores. By the time paper work was received, I only had 2 days to do them. I cancled other plans and got them done since I understood this would be an ongoing job. Because of distance traveled, I was offered a small extra amount. I did the jobs, but never received any further work despite phone call and e-mail to my DM. I finally notified them I would not be available due to lack of communication. When I received my pay, no extra for mileage was included. After many e-mails to my DM and her boss, they have stated they will pay part of the extra. I am still trying to find out why no more work. I enjoyed what I did for them and would like to have done more.

Jim & Barb Brown
Doing Demos, Merchandising, and Resets in the Southern Tier of NY and the Northern Tier of Pa.
Go to Top of Page

JeanS
Contributor

West of the Rockies
USA
54 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  10:06:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That sounds like the same DM I had. I sent you an email because I don't want to be naming names here - it might not be the same DM. BUT mine was terrible and made promises like that but never came through. I stopped asked for the extra $$ that she approved because a job was much longer than expected. She approved it and never ever paid me no matter how many times I reminded her - she just ignored those emails. All in all she was a terrible DM for that and many other reasons. And, no, I don't work for them anymore...no way!!
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  03:13:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not the case here, I love this company. I have been with them 3 years and the work just keeps getting better and better. It must depend on the area. They are my main company and I would not trade them for the world!
Go to Top of Page

JeanS
Contributor

West of the Rockies
USA
54 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  07:28:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Whether a company is good or bad has alot to do with the DM/Supervisor. I was completely satisfied with the work but not at all with the DM. AND it's the DM that makes the pay promises but doesn't follow thru (and other promises). So, with me, it's not a good company because they've hired and retained an awful DM. BUT if you have a good DM then it's a good company.
Go to Top of Page

JeanS
Contributor

West of the Rockies
USA
54 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  8:38:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't spend much time posting and when I do I prefer to let people know what to watch out for. I'd rather earmark the companies I have had bad experiences with and only read/post to them. When I do a job I always say that being told what I didn't do all that well is what I can learn the most from. The positive is nice but more about ego.

And, I will try to not trash a company just because of one thing - if there is something good I will post that, too.

Bottom line is to be aware of problem areas.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  8:03:25 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Seeing that Amy Starnes has posted it reinforces my past warnings---BE CAREFUL as to what you post negatively in this forum. Amy is not the only HR person to read our thoughts in here. Instead of getting a bit sarcastic, you would think these HR people would take it upon themselves to learn a bit from us that have experienced working for the companies they represent.Possibly they could use the info we give to make suggestions within the company to get some changes made. We aren't talking through our hats when we comment on bad situations within a company. We warn others so they wont fall for the same garbage we experienced. I too, have worked for NIS, loved the work, but there were problems and I found it not worth the hassle. They've also got some of the snottiest DM's on record! To be fair- also some very good ones that know how to treat employees' with respect.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums