USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  08:23:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any feedback on:
Team Transactive
110 East Boward Blvd. Ste. 2450
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301
www.teamtransactive.com

Hubby recieved an E-mail re: soda cooler/candy resets, not enough work to justify the travel involved, web site looks legit.

MindyZ

Mindy

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  2:47:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one candy reset, was not paid. I gave up the rest as you said, the travel was not worth the pay. I also found them to be unorganized.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  2:53:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hubby just got another E-mail for truck stop service, too far away and no mileage.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  08:14:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Strange, they had a job posting on narms last night and it's gone this A.M.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
548 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  8:38:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got the email for the truck stops and convience stores. 10.50 per hour and lots of driving!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  9:20:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We just started servicing truck stops for another company, not bad at all, much, much better pay.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2012 :  07:09:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Guess they, like other companies will need to "discover" that there are not merchandisers in every little "one horse" town and offer some mileage or travel pay.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
454 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2012 :  08:05:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hubby was reading an indeed ad for this company and it states $17.50 an hour yet it says that the project will take 90 minutes and pays $17.50 each location, shouldn't it be $26.25 per location, kinda like doing these add-em-up jobs that other companies come up with.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
668 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2012 :  09:06:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MindyZ

Hubby was reading an indeed ad for this company and it states $17.50 an hour yet it says that the project will take 90 minutes and pays $17.50 each location, shouldn't it be $26.25 per location, kinda like doing these add-em-up jobs that other companies come up with.

MindyZ

I just now went to indeed.com and searched "Team Transactive". It came up with 5 different for various states in the USA (I did not specify a zip code). All 5 ads were pulled from NARMS and were identical with the exception of the listed state in the "location" field.

Here is the ad...

quote:
New Nationwide Program
Company: TEAM TransActive
Date Listed: Apr 27, 2012

Description:
TEAM TransActive is actively recruiting merchandisers that have reset experience, can set up displays and have the ability to upload pictures of their completed assignments.

We have immediate need for merchandisers to provide service on a bi-weekly basis in locations across the nation. In-store time will consist of 2-3 hours for each visit. POG updates, signage placement and display set up will be the core responsibilities.

We are also staffing for a display/installation set up. Floor displays and smaller counter units will be placed throughout the store. This will be a 90 minute visit and pay $17.50 per location. There will be a two week window to complete this program starting on 4.30.12

Click on the Available Locations to view the available openings. Then if you are interested please complete the which TEAM Transactive Contact Sheet will allow our recruiters to view your profile and the locations you would like to service. This form is uploaded as soon as you hit submit and we will be in contact as quickly as possible.

If this program is not of interest to you or not in your market and you would like to be considered for future assignments, please complete the contact sheet so our recruiters will be able to send you available assignments geared toward the markets you work.

The ads that I read are all identical to the one above and none of them stated an hourly rate. The only mention of pay is in the 3rd paragraph which states $17.50 for a 90 minute job for their continuity work, not for the resets the ad is originally advertising in the beginning. It's basically for a continuity project.

I highly doubt this company is going to pay reset crews $17.50/hour. $17.50/hour is simply not the normal going rate for reset work in this day and age and market. Reset teams come a dime a dozen, most resetters have bad work ethics, and they have proven they will "work" for as little as $9 or less per hour in this economic climate. Sure, some copmanies might pay $15/hour or more, but it's not really the rule anymore, it's the exception.

The continuity hourly rate would come to only $11.67/hr. assuming you actually spent the whole 90 min. in the store. Of course, less if you spend more time.

If you read a different ad that states and hourly rate for reset or project work rather than or in addition to the per-project pay listed above, please provide the link. I'd love to see that (and save it to my hard drive). I will apply for it and see if they actually offer $17.50/hour if and when the recruiter calls me.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
454 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2012 :  12:13:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LarryT, if you are on the indeed page and before you open the job description it clearly states $17.50 per hour, when you open the job description (that you pasted) it does not say $17.50 an hour.

HubbyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  01:47:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just remember, I did one job and nevr got paid!
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
668 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  07:21:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MindyZ

LarryT, if you are on the indeed page and before you open the job description it clearly states $17.50 per hour, when you open the job description (that you pasted) it does not say $17.50 an hour.

HubbyZ

LOL> I see what you mean now.

I think I see what's happening. The descriptions you see for employment ads that come up in Indeed.com's search results are concocted by the indeed.com bots/spiders, not the employer/advertiser. Much like Google or any other search engine, the Indeed.com bots/spiders scan various parts of the ad/web page looking for information it deems relevant to the audience/searcher. It places said information in the description of the search result to give you some sort of idea what the ad contains before you even click on it. Since it is a job seeking search engine, it looks for a dollar amount and the word "hour" or "salary" or similar, and assumes that is what the pay rate is.

I concluded this may be the case because Team Transactive
has posted some newer ads for different assignments that are 4 hour assignments and pay $44 per assignment (not per hour). The ads state...

"Pay rate
$44.00 per 4 hour event"

But the Indeed.com bot/spider sees 2 things it is prgrammed to look for: A dollar amount ("$44") and the word "hour" (a time interval) close-by and assumes the job pays "$44 an hour".

I guess there are 2 things to learn from this...

1. Indeed.com constructs the descriptions for their search results, not the advertiser/employer. It is too time consuming for an employer to figure out how to try to construct an ad in such a way so that Indeed.com won't make false assumptions. Many times, when you try to please search engines, the text on you web page ends up turning out written in such a way that normal people can't understand because normal people don't actually talk/write that way.

2. Always click the result and read the ad directly to get the real scoop. You just can't trust the bots and spiders search engines send out to scour web pages, because, although they are relatively intelligent, they are extremely imperfect.

quote:
Originally posted by Jenny41

Just remember, I did one job and nevr got paid!

Definitely an important tidbit!

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

KeilaK
Apprentice

Baytown, TX
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  07:44:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Like Jenny41......I never got paid.

Keila
Go to Top of Page

KeilaK
Apprentice

Baytown, TX
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  4:59:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey guys here is a follow-up......I received payment today. And even though I was so upset about not receiving my check, they really have good PR (public relations). I'm even considering working for them again.

Keila
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums