Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KDrennen

Columbus, OH
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  8:00:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Back when I was Mystery Shopping, Merchandising, and doing surveys regularly, I knew Pinecone Research as a survey company. Have they expanded into Mystery Shopping also? Or is their logo and name being used for scams now?

I've recently gotten an email proported to be from them that asked that I cash a check at a local money business, send part of the funds elsewhere and keep $150.00. That sure sounds like a check cashing scam to me. Am I right, or are they really doing this kind of shop?

Kim

Sherry Lyons

Junction City, OR
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  10:53:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
K, Pine cone research does do surveys on line. They come up periodically and you answer questions about a product. The person in charge should be named Karen. This is a great legitimate company and you usually are paid paypal within twenty four hours of answering the survey. If you got a check for someone to cash for you it is a scam. Pinecone is a legitimate company and I love doing surveys for them. The person offering you a check to cash is a scam.

Sherry Lyons
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
61764 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2012 :  06:11:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You should forward your emails with headers to
scott@pineconeresearch.com
Karen is excellent to work with

Latest pinecone scams can include:
    •pinecone research scam western union •pinecone research panelist surveys paying $150 •pinecone research for "business owners" paying $150 •(and the mystery shopping scam you asked about)
Here's what the email will look like for the fabricated $150 offer -
Go to Top of Page

.KimSVision
Star Contributor

Orange County, CA
USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  3:21:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received this one today. I used to do Pinecone surveys, but it's been a few years. If this is a scam, I'm not sure how they came up with my information.

I'm going to pass this on to Karen.

Thanks for the contact information, Marie!
Go to Top of Page

KDrennen

Columbus, OH
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2013 :  2:41:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amazing! I got another one today, so a year later and the scam still hasn't stopped. I sent a copy to Karen and she again confirmed that the email was not legitimate. Here is their security notice: http://www.pineconeresearch.com/Important%20Security%20Notice.htm

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1016 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2013 :  9:52:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
These scammers are overseas, so I'm told. Not much the law can do to them, EVEN IF they could find them.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums