Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2013 :  8:12:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm so excited. One thing I hate about the script that this forum uses (Snitz) is that it does not have a "seach within thread/topic" function. So if you are looking for a specific keyword within in a specific thread, you have to just skim the whole thread, and that is very time consuming on these multi-page company-specific threads. Uuuugh!

But a way you can do this is go into the thread, and in the upper right part of the thread screen (any page of the thread will do) click on the "Printer Friendly" link. What this does is displays every page of that thread in one large webpage and, once there, you can just use your browser's search (or find) function to find keywords in that thread so you can find specific info you are looking for whithout having to skim every single post on every single page.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone know of a better way? PLEASE post it here.

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2013 :  08:59:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
So if you are looking for a specific keyword within in a specific thread, you have to just skim the whole thread, and that is very time consuming
At least the word or phrase will be highlighted in YELLOW for an easy eye-catch when you skim the page(s) fast.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
690 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2013 :  4:24:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah, but with my method, you don't have to skim, you just have to keep hitting the find button and it will take you directly to it

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Forum Tip:

If your email address changes,
please be sure to update your profile.

Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums