Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Darla61

Phoenix, Az
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2014 :  11:41:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for HDA eight years, I am going to miss them. I just got hired by TNG in Phoenix, Az. Pay is a little under 10 an hour. I applied online, heard nothing then contacted them by phone and email. I have also accepted two other merchandising jobs, so well wait and see about TNG. Everyone that worked for HDA...sorry about losing jobs. Hang in there, persistence is key.

Darla H.
Go to Top of Page

LisaCrn

VA
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2014 :  2:09:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DidnTNG take buy out DSI or merge with them?
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
389 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2014 :  2:37:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bought them out, then gave a pay increase to DSI reps to compensate for changes in mileage policy, then gave a company wide wage cut. I immediately resigned.
Go to Top of Page

Darla61

Phoenix, Az
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2014 :  1:40:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I no longer work for TNG. One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Very bad communication. Never hear from then until they think you did something wrong. My supervisor was very unfriendly, and acts like she knows everything. I was getting blamed for things the rep before had not done in the store, when I did not work for them in that time frame. If you don't need to work for them don't. Will just give you a lot of grief.

Darla H.
Go to Top of Page

AmyLH

TX
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2014 :  4:26:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for HDA for almost 9 years. I was hired by TNG. I didn't get any of the stores I was assigned to by HDA. I found out very fast how bad some of the other reps in my surrounding areas were. I am very disappointed about that. (Albeit, Lowes was neglected toward the end.)It is taking way too long to get a proper reset completed with fresh product. Not to mention the worn out faded signage needs replacing. Most of the front tags in the checkouts were applied incorrectly which drives me nuts. The book/magazine program needs a facelift ASAP. It's been 6 months or so since TNG took over. Come on.
I think the breakdown in communication comes from the fact that there are so many contact points to go through. I got lucky and have an awesome Supervisor. (I refuse to work for an a-hole.) She is even in the dark about some things. There are some terrible supervisors out there like with any company. Keep in mind, this company is huge now. It will take time for everyone to acclimate. The ones who refuse to do so will not last much longer. There is enormous pressure on the Supervisors. Most work 24/7. You can tell the difference between the ones who care about their job and the ones who don't no matter what line of work you're in.
The only thing I don't like is getting my schedule on Saturday with split second notice about special projects. I like to know what lies ahead a few weeks in advance to plan my work load.
All this being said, it looks to me like the area you're in and accounts you have determines whether or not you like working for them. As for me, I'm pretty happy. I have three accounts (old HDA accounts) and flexible hours to work for other companies as well.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  10:48:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Isn't TNG on the lower side of the pay scale?

I noticed an ad the other day wanting to pay people 8.00/hr..

I don't know if that is standard for them or it should be higher??

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2014 :  07:54:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for TNG since May or June. I get paid quickly and have great communication with everyone I have dealt with. The pay for my jobs is different than Michael's or other accounts. I make in the range of $10 to $12 an hour and drive time in between stores. I love this job!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Gene Grubbs
Contributor

Illinois
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2014 :  3:41:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Contacted by a recruiter this week for books and magazines in CVS & Walgreens.

Anyone have any info how many hours per store this typically involves?

They are advertising a rate of $10.00 hourly, which is up from the $9.00 being advertised up until now.
Go to Top of Page

Darla61

Phoenix, Az
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2014 :  3:47:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband does books and magazines in Walgreen's and CVS for TNG. Takes about two to three hours, depending on how much they send in every week. Started him at $9.64, now makes 10 an hour. I would suggest not taking this job, unless you really need it. Not a great company to work for.

Darla H.
Go to Top of Page

Gene Grubbs
Contributor

Illinois
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  4:03:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The drugstores are typically serviced once a week?
Go to Top of Page

Darla61

Phoenix, Az
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2014 :  3:01:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, once a week.

Darla H.
Go to Top of Page

Gene Grubbs
Contributor

Illinois
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2014 :  12:06:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I saw what appears to be the same jobs in my area posted by another company, select media services. Req numbers are same.

Are they a subsidiary or related company to tng?
Go to Top of Page

Darla61

Phoenix, Az
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2014 :  3:34:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
TNG and Select Media are the same company.

Darla H.
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  3:16:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Darla, it is getting harder to work for this company. I follow their rules, but most of the time you don't know what the rules are. The people that run this place are too interested in reports and threats and not interested enough in what their merchandisers are running up against.
Go to Top of Page

Darla61

Phoenix, Az
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  3:34:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
April, you hit the nail right on the head...LOL. The managers don't even know what is going on.

Darla H.
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
389 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  7:23:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Typical. A company run by those who know everything about merchandising, but have never done a reset.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2015 :  07:06:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I changed banks so stopped the DD and got a paycard. I do not recommend using these.I was charged $.50 trying to use it as a debit card. It has to be used as a credit card.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2015 :  08:12:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you opted for a DD pay card I'm sure now know for sure was not a great idea, these pay cards are an option in CA, a co. cannot force you to take your pay by these cards, DD is you best option to be paid.

HubbyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Gene Grubbs
Contributor

Illinois
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2015 :  3:17:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anything new with TNG book service?

Been doing it just short of a year, but getting hit with a substantial (down 50 - 75%) reduction in hours allotted per different stores \chains.

Up until now, has been a reliable and pretty consistent job. Hours could've been a little higher, but was workable.

Others servicing non book product in same stores have not been affected.

Seems like something's up to be cutting back prior to holidays.

Having been with HDA at the end makes me wonder if same isn't coming with TNG's book servicing.
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2015 :  4:13:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I serviced Walmart book and CVS magazines and never did get much over a few hours a week. I liked the job and my boss, but I got something that has steady hours, so I decided to quit. I worked for them probably a 1-1/2 years, and previous to that did magazine work for Source Interlink. It does seem strange about the cut in hours, usually about now or a little after is when they started deluging you with product. I had a really good boss at Source, I was sorry to see them go.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums