Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2016 :  2:52:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I certainly have run out of excuses to work for these folks. Money is not good. I went to a store to do the service but first I have to call in. I asked several of the store personnel which phone I can use as they were busy and could not dial out for me. It turned out I had to go to customer service desk. She could not help me either. I am not giving out my password or employee number to anyone. I called my boss to tell her and she called me at my house phone. I did do the service at the other store as I could use their phone fine and dandy. My DM said she would not pay me for the drive time to the second store as the first one was not serviced. I did not call in to get paid >>> so how and why would I do it for nothing? Hmm, I contacted the labor dept. This company is W2 and they take out taxes .... so they can help me.
Go to Top of Page

Cathy008

OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2016 :  3:10:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My neighbor recently accepted a job with them, even though I warned her that the same position had been posted four times in the past year. She went to her interview, and was excited about the stores and the promised hours.

She only lasted 4 weeks. The stores were not cooperative, the hours assigned were not enough to get the job completed, and as with others, she had trouble getting the stores to let her use their phone (which they pointed out to her that that type of system was outdated).

Merchandising is changing my friends.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2016 :  08:17:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was paid $20.29 cuz the store would not let me use the phone to call in ...so my boss told me she couldn't pay me to drive to the second store. I tried to call and no go so I left. She was expecting me to read her mind and do the job without calling in. When I called her to tell her they would not let me call in ...I was hoping she would do something about it but no. I drove over 3 hours and 152 miles for $20.29. not again...
Go to Top of Page

Gene Grubbs
Contributor

Illinois
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2016 :  3:29:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them for just under a year doing books at 3 stores all within a mile of each other. First 6 - 7 months were good with adequate hours and had ok to clock in and out via cell phone.

Hours began drastically reducing (from 15 weekly to cover 3 stores, to 3.5 weekly for same) However this seemed to only apply to book service as the same stores had separate TNG reps servicing magazines, Cd\DvD, and impulse. These reps reported no reduction in hours.

I realize that book merchandising is dying out (was with HDA a few months before they shut down) but if they are going to take on the business, it has to be done with some reality to time needed.

It seems like outside of books it's a tolerable company tho. No issues with paying on time etc.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2016 :  12:32:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I spoke to an investigator with New York State Dept. of Labor Standards and was told they are going to have to pay me what they owe me. I did drive from one store to the next and am supposed to get paid for it. The first store would not let me use the phone.... so my DM said she won't pay to drive there. Oh yes!! ....you will!!
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Valued Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
101 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2016 :  5:07:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info on TNG, they've emailed me recently

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

Gene Grubbs
Contributor

Illinois
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2016 :  12:20:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I believe they've also acquired an assembly company ( bikes, grills etc) as a few of there ads posted in my area were for that vs the books and magazines.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums