Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Deborah2
Apprentice

Delanson, NY
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2014 :  1:17:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got a call today from Focus Servicing to do a couple of grocery store resets. I said OK then went to check them out online. No public website. Had to call NARMS to get a phone number. c They gavce me a number in NJ. Called the number and the guy I spoke with says they have been a merchandising company for a few years. Located in Moonachie, NJ. Asked why they had no public website, got vague answer. Can't find anything about them online. If anyone has any experience with this company and if they pay as promised I would appreciate any feedback. It's been quite a few years since I was last burnt by a merchandising company and lost money--I would not like to do that again.

Deborah

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
784 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2014 :  11:06:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's weird. Moonachie is a small place and that is where National Music Rack (who went out of business) was located. Did he give you a name or do you have any emails with a name on them? Do you have an address for them? I'd be very leery of a company who doesn't even have any kind of a website. I looked all over online and I can't find any business with that name in Moonachie

Guess what? I just looked on NARMS they give their address as being in Franklin, New Jersey. Narms also lists Jeff Bitensky as the president. HE was the president of National Music Rack.

This is from online:

COMPANY NAME:
National Music Rack
Hide LOCATION ADDRESS
LOCATION STREET:
311 East Park Street
LOCATION CITY:
Moonachie
LOCATION ZIP:
COUNTY:
Bergen
STATE:
New Jersey
Tapes Wholesale
Hide CONTACT PERSON
CONTACT NAME:
Jeff Bitensky
CONTACT ROLE:
President

This is from NARMS:

Focus Servicing
839 Apache Road,
Franklin, NJ 07417
US

Phone: 201-220-6689 Fax:

This gets more interesting. I found this thread from last December on the net on Focus:

http://www.mysteryshopforum.com/read/6/287368/287381/287381

Someone on that thread googled and even googled mapped the address in Franklin and it's the home residence of Jeffrey Bitensky and his wife. it's not even a business.

I would be even more leery now if I were you.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2014 :  05:13:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I work for FOS and have for a while. Pay is good. Usually the store puts out the product and I count the DVD's, take a picture, fill out the online report and get paid.
Go to Top of Page

Birgit White
Contributor

Hamburg, PA
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  11:52:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just contacted by Focus 4...which, after getting the information email, is actually this company. Same Jeff Bitensky as President, same addy.

MCBarb, are you still working for them? Are they an improved company?
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  1:48:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Birgit, I just got a call, wondered what type of store and product it is for. I'm assuming dvds like the others have spoke of but thought I would ask before calling back.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  3:51:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I still work for them. Easy work, good pay. Yea.... dvd's.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
784 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  4:04:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How much is "good" pay?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  05:21:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had good communication with them also. If I ask questions ...they answer. I was offered a huge bonus to do a certain area which was difficult to cover but I was sick in bed, so they gave it to someone else. They service several chains.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  06:56:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have read many negative posts about this company. I myself have had nothing but positive experiences with them. The office is being done over, as they had a flood. It is a business as I work for them. I highly suggest anyone to work this company.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  07:02:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I forgot to add ....I have gotten an invitation to the office.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
784 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  07:48:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is the same person that owned National Music rack who laid off all of their employees with no notice whatsoever-those in the field and those at their warehouse/office in Moonachie, as the Rite Aid account went bye bye. People were lied to and told all sorts of b.s. stories and strung along for many months when the work went from monthly, to every other month to quarterly. They never even had the decency to tell people they had closed their doors in the Summer of 2012, you were just left hanging. Plus they had lost the gift rack service that we used to do for them in the Rite Aids. He's been working from his home ever since and under a new business name. The "flood' was Sandy that hit the area and that was in October of 2012 long after they were toast. So how is the pay?

You know all of this because you used to work for National Music Rack and because he was traced to his home with Focus. He still has no public website for Focus.

thread
http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=52755&whichpage=4&SearchTerms=National%2CMusic%2CRack
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  3:46:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I use Google chrome to enter reports. I cannot get into the website using IE. They also have Zenput which I haven't used yet.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  12:47:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did not post how much I make cuz it is different for different accounts and it also depends on where you live.
Go to Top of Page

Linda3456

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  2:38:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any new info on this company? Are they paying promptly and what type of work?
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lynn

Brooklyn, NY
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2015 :  08:31:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done merchandising for Focus Servicing and National Music Rack for many years. Both companies have always treated me well. National Music Rack was in business for many years, that industry has changed and I wasn't surprised they closed. But Focus Servicing does have some of the management and I am glad they reached out to me for work. It looks like they are growing as the work has been steadily increasing. Good for the management that they were able to re-invent themselves and keep many of us working.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2015 :  06:31:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am not overly fond of the $2 an hour pay cut ....
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lynn

Brooklyn, NY
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2015 :  1:04:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not sure if you engaged with Focus. I have been working with them for a while, the work has been increasing and I always get paid. Good instructions and they have a great mobile app for reporting. Hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
394 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2015 :  6:07:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think I'd focus my efforts elsewhere. Pun intended!
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
394 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2015 :  5:29:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You do know that you can keep that check. If they ever try to get it back, or deduct it from another project, notify your state employment service, pronto.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lynn

Brooklyn, NY
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2015 :  09:21:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

This is almost funny... I got a check for $27. I emailed wondering what it was for and got no reply so I emailed again and Jeff said he would have one of the managers tell me. I called yesterday and Roxanna did not know.

I know Focus has 100's of reps nationwide including myself and I have never had a payroll issue or have heard of any issues. It might be an isolated issue that I am sure you will straighten it out. Good luck they are good folks who have been good to me, especially when I lost my full time job last year and gave extra hours to help me out.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2015 :  06:08:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The company is IC so the labor dept does nothing as I am not employed with them. I did get a check for $24. I was to be paid $12 and they sent another $12 to cover the $3 they owed.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums