Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Bert M
Valued Contributor

Charleston, SC
USA
115 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2016 :  11:08:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure I got let go long before Sandy, but there could have been the common courtesy of sending out an email. Every company I have merched for has given me pleanty of heads up when a contract had dried up or my position was being eliminated.

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

Christina L.

Whitehall, PA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  9:21:44 PM  Visit Christina L.'s Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just started with this company. Been working for them for a month now. I have nothing but good things to say about them. And I am getting more then enough work with them. They are continuously asking me if I can pick up more projects. I love it!

Christina Weiss
Scheduler | A-Closer-Look
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Valued Contributor

Charleston, SC
USA
115 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2016 :  4:42:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They called me 6 weeks ago and thought I could work for them. Yhey never called back, and I'll just keep collecting unemployment.

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  12:38:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will be doing a project for them at a national chain putting out music cd's and dvd's.

They are hiring in many areas.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  12:28:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my dvd service at a local Pharmacy chain. Roxanne had called me to train on the phone, so I knew exactly what to do. It took the time she allowed me and the pay is very decent considering how easy the work is!!! I took the new dvd's out and put them up, counted the old movies putting them in piles according to price point. I did a Rebill credit and also restickered the upc's and put on a round green sticker with the clearance price and tossed the old ones in a dump bin. I had the forms signed, took pictures and called Focus for the totals. YAY!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  04:57:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After a few months of work, I decided to stay with the companies that send me emails or call when there is work as opposed to the way "Focus Servicing" does things.
LOL... I had to email and call them when time came for my assignments to be done. I also had to email to remind them to pay me. I keep seeing ads that they are hiring at the stores I work at so I said goodbye. I find it interesting that they are such a great bunch of people, but are so unorganized. Unbelievable.. I got emails in 2 different email accounts that they were hiring at such and such a place to do work. I called them to say I would be there for another company. I was called back and told they already hired a rep. This happened 3 times. They have no clue.
Go to Top of Page

Kaye
Trainee

Lenoir, NC
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2017 :  11:05:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Focus or shall I call it unfocused is a bit of a mess. I jumped through all their hoops for sign up and was sent materials. I called like I was instructed and listened to how they wanted the job done. At the end of the call they asked what store number I would be covering. The materials had not arrived in the store yet and for me to call back next week. I did and they still were not sure if the materials had arrived but to go ahead a d move the old DVDís to another area. New materials had arrived and I began marking down the product as requested. There were not enough labels sent to complete job. They then said they had more stores and gave me 2 more stores. I waited for the materials to be delivered and got an email from some high muckity muck that I was late in reporting. I replied the materials never came. They were sent and on the following Tuesday I tried to do the work. It was not found in the application. I contacted the company and had no reply. I waited another week. Still have not been paid for work done. So like Acosta , Unfocused is now also off my list.

Kaye Beasley-Rash
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2018 :  3:54:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent information on this company. They left me a message saying they had work in my area.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

TomR
Apprentice

San Diego, California
USA
0 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2018 :  12:46:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone currently working for or has recently worked for Focus servicing? I was contacted by them for a 1 time project and I want to make sure they are reputable before I agree to do the project. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2018 :  07:30:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am sure Focus Servicing does not focus on servicing. Please read the previous posts about them. I had problems with them and stopped working for them. Then I thought I would give them another chance and was greatly disappointed. They have no idea who works for who. They send emails about having work in an area and then you call and they do not need someone in that area. I had to consistently email Roxanne and Sharon about the jobs I did for them to let them know the jobs are due. Then I had to remind them to pay me. This is not an appropriate working situation and not professional.

You guys are asking about recent feedback. I am sure they still do things the same way.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2018 :  4:48:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Focus hired me in August. I did 6 dvd service visits at a major drug chain store the second week in Sept. When they hired me I was told that I would not service just one store here and there, as I had told the person that hired me that I wasn't going to drive 40 miles one way for one store, when there were two others all in the same area, that it wouldn't be worth my time. The third week in Sept. only one store and it is the one 40 miles away.. I contacted the person and told them no way was I going to do it as they weren't paying mileage or travel time. Never heard another word from them. As of today I am still waiting to be paid for those six stores from Sept. I have called and sent numerous emails without a response. I finally got a response from Scott on Oct 24, they had not even processed my W9 yet, was suppose to the next day, still waiting waiting to get paid.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2018 :  06:44:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gee I am sooo surprised. LOL!! They will never change.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2018 :  3:41:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I'm still waiting to be paid. Have emailed Scott a half dozen times with no reply. I'm going to check and see if New Jersey has a place to file a complaint if they have a wage board. I'm going to file for non payment. Also contact the BBB there and file a complaint with them.

So be warned you don't want to work for this company, UNLESS you like working for FREE.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2018 :  07:27:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are not able to help you as you are an IC (independent contractor). The state or Department of Labor only helps people that are employees. Try calling the owner of Focus which is Jeff.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2018 :  5:56:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

They are not able to help you as you are an IC (independent contractor). The state or Department of Labor only helps people that are employees. Try calling the owner of Focus which is Jeff.

that is who I have been dealing with. Got an email from him on 11/19, saying that I had been paid with my check going direct to my bank.
I responded back that they never sent any form to be filled out for Direct deposit and that I never gave them my banking info.
He responded back with a transaction number suppose to be from his bank showing a deposit to my bank account. I went to my bank this morning and they have no transactions for Focus, and also no direct deposit authorization from me to Focus. They gave me documents showing that, and I have sent them to Scott.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
398 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2018 :  7:17:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Notify the district attorney office in your area. Looks like falsification of documents. This could have big ramifications, as you had provided no deposit information. Good luck. Please keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
398 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2018 :  7:17:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Notify the district attorney office in your area. Looks like falsification of documents. This could have big ramifications, as you had provided no deposit information. Good luck. Please keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
398 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2018 :  7:17:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
398 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2018 :  7:17:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
398 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2018 :  7:18:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums