Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SuePA
Trainee

Erie, PA
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2014 :  5:43:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are the Post Office shops at a different company now?
I had completed them for years with two different companies. Does anyone know?

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1883 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2014 :  9:17:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For the past month or so, my receipts have a survey that the postal employees are pushing. Considering that they routinely challenge negative shops and you end up not getting paid for them, good riddance. IMHO, they're not really interested in improving their customer service, just in using positive shops as a union bargaining tool.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2014 :  4:50:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have 2 next week with the usual.
Go to Top of Page

Marjie

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2015 :  05:32:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have 5 next week with the usual.

Marjie K
Go to Top of Page

Ashley Rene
Valued Contributor

Georgia
USA
104 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2015 :  8:23:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There are dozens of these within driving distance for me. I'm nervous to take them. Do they not like honesty if something is wrong? What's the questionnaire like? Is it heavy on the written narrative?

Ashley Rene
Shopping Augusta, GA CSRA and Surrounding and never sleeping.
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2015 :  9:24:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done a bunch of them, good results, so-so results, bad results, all true at that moment in time. I have never had one rejected or challenged for that matter. The narrative isn't too bad. I only take them when I have something that I actually have to send out, no patience for finding someone to send a package of "junk" to. It has saved me a bundle on out-of-town GS Cookie customers of my daughter and MIL got a bunch of supplies from us (old jeans) for a quilt project that she was doing. Honestly, if I had to actually pay for shipping of that kind of stuff it wouldn't get sent. The reason that I only take ones when I actually have something to send is that that way, if it happens to be rejected, I was planning on spending the $$ anyway so it would sting less in that case. However, in my experience, if you follow the instructions to the letter (sending the minimum weight box, paying attention to the start time allowed, timing interactions accurately, etc.) then they'll be fine to do. As with any new shop or even unfamiliar location, though, my rule of thumb is to do one or maybe two at first to make sure that I like them and they are worth my time and effort, then take more if they suit me and I them. I prefer them with the newer company than the older company because of the flexibility of the contents of the package - I send what I want rather than what they want me to send.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  5:41:31 PM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Karen that you should start with just one or two to begin with to get your feet wet. I don't feel they are hard to do, though the pages and pages and pages of instructions might make you think otherwise.

The biggest issue with these shops is the amount of money involved. While two of the three scenarios aren't too terribly bad money wise, the third, large box one will set you back over $40 each (including the food you will have to buy to ship, which is not reimbursable). I recommend doing one of the other two scenarios first until you are more comfortable with them.

Like Karen, I've never had one of these shops invalidated. I did have to provide some additional information once, but nothing serious and I did get paid.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  5:52:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
With Scenario "C", there is also a maximum weight (total weight of box and what is in it, as well as a minimum weight to be put into the box). Be careful. Staples stopped carrying the size I needed, and I bought one at Walmart. I didn't weight the box + contents, and it weighed too much. The shop was rejected. It was totally my fault. I had to reduce what I put into the box because I can only find boxes at Walmart now.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  9:00:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Harvey S.

With Scenario "C", there is also a maximum weight (total weight of box and what is in it, as well as a minimum weight to be put into the box). Be careful. Staples stopped carrying the size I needed, and I bought one at Walmart. I didn't weight the box + contents, and it weighed too much. The shop was rejected. It was totally my fault. I had to reduce what I put into the box because I can only find boxes at Walmart now.

I never realized that one of the scenarios had a maximum weight, thank you for pointing that out. It's almost GS Cookie delivery time so I'll be on the hunt for these soon.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2015 :  3:03:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
i couldn.t find the right size box=not even at Walmart.
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  10:10:49 AM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a heck of a time finding an office supply store that carried one of the four sizes we're allowed to use on the large-box scenario. It wasn't that they were simply out-of-stock, but that they simply didn't carry those sizes at all. Ended up going to four or five places before I found two boxes I could use.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  10:19:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It used to be easy to find at least one of them at Staples, but sometime last Fall, all the stores stopped carrying them. Walmart has at least one of boxes, but they are often out of stock. What I do now is to buy several Walmart when I find them and keep them in stock. At Walmart, they are not very expensive, but they weigh more than the same size box that I used to buy at Staples. Having a few boxes in inventory has really helped me. I used to do this with Staples, but would only keep one in stock. With Walmart as my only current source, I can keep 3 or 4 on hand for the same total amount of money one used to cost at Staples.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1883 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2015 :  11:38:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's all good until it isn't. My shop was perfect and was still challenged, and the company refused to pay for it.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2015 :  05:50:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done these and all is good until the post office challenges your report. I had one that had blatant violations and it was rejected because the post office said I was wrong. I can only assume they did not want to admit to their mistakes and we shoppers have to lose our fee not to mention the price of the postage. If they don't want an honest report don't have them mystery shopped.
I believe some are challenged because someone higher up won't like the report and rather then admit guilt they say the report is incorrect. Makes me want to just say everything is peachy when it isn't.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MissEllen
Valued Contributor

NY
USA
150 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2015 :  6:41:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are the post office assignments being discontinued OR moving to another company? The current MS company is no longer handling them, effective 10/01/15.

Ellen
gold certified
Go to Top of Page

Sherry Lyons
Contributor

Halsey, OR
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2015 :  6:56:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There are moving to another company. It is the same company that did the Visa surcharge shops.

Sherry Lyons
Go to Top of Page

Iron Chef Toni
Star Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
462 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2015 :  09:20:06 AM  Send Iron Chef Toni an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think the Post Offices near me are shopped. They have got to be the rudest people ever. I witnessed the post master slamming his office door in the face of a customer who only asked if another clerk could be added to the counter. At the time there was only one clerk and the queue was about 20 deep.

After that, I learned how to pay for postage online through the USPS website. It's 10% cheaper that way as well and Delivery Confirmation is included.

Toni
Gold certified in N. Texas
Now doing Merchandising exclusively!
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2015 :  04:49:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I mail packages to my fiance regularly. Doing the shops means that I only pay a dollar or three for the package over reimbursement (my choice). My fee more than takes care of it. The reports are so easy I think a middle school student could do them.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

BCheatam
Star Contributor

IN
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2015 :  10:36:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any input from shoppers doing jobs for the new company?

Silver Certified Mystery Shopper & Auditor in Central and Southern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2015 :  2:09:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done a few and they aren't any different than the old company. Pretty much same oh, same oh.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2016 :  2:08:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was told by one of the people with the new msp that I would be paid by the 15th. No go....Oh well. Maybe Monday. Monday is NOT the 15th.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums