Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3062 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2003 :  9:26:54 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
You get a handheld scanner in your home. Each time you go to the store, you scan the barcodes on all the items you buy as you unpack the bags. When you put the scanner back in the craddle, it dials an 800 number and records your purchases. For doing this you get points with are redeemable for cash or gift certificates.

In talking to them before I signed up, I found out that if you scan all your groceries and are a very diligent shopper for them you get about 100 points per month. That was pretty accurate. I started doing this 7/01 and to date I have 2137 total points.

And what are the points good for? You can use them right away or build them up for better rewards. For 250 points you can get a coupon good for one video rental. That's about a $5 value. 600 points is about a $10 gift certificate to certain stores. 2500 points is about a $50 gift certificate to certain stores. So basically it equates out to $.02 per point. You get 100 points as a bonus when you first start and soon as you start and there are all types of contests to win more points.

So, we're looking at $25 per year to quickly scan your groceries as you put them away. Seems fair to me as this would take an hour+ total over the whole year.

PROGRAM HAS ENDED

Sappho W

Seffner, FL
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2003 :  11:30:00 AM  Visit Sappho W's Homepage  Send Sappho W an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's really neat!
Thanks Ray! How did you find that?

Thanks,
Sappho
Go to Top of Page

Emma
Valued Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2003 :  10:58:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My sister has done this for several years. They did not need anyone in my area when I called, but it may be time to check again. She LOVES this program. She does not have to do anything differently. She just unloads her groceries to the dining table and scans them before putting them away. She has received numerous retail gift certificates over the years.
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1768 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2003 :  10:25:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do you get paid by the AMOUNT of groceries you buy? Dollar amount or item count?

Sounds interesting.

Julie

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Emma
Valued Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2003 :  11:36:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think my sister said that she gets points for the number of times she transmits data. I cannot remember the system, but the more often you transmit, the better you do.
Go to Top of Page

WendiMobileAL
Valued Contributor

Mobile, AL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2003 :  08:03:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ray! I should rack up points in no time! I am trying to get signed up now.

Thanks!
wendi

Serving the coast of AL, North West FL, MS and inland areas
MSPA Gold Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

MichelleWA

Sammamish, WA
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2003 :  08:45:04 AM  Visit MichelleWA's Homepage  Send MichelleWA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I found a membership application on their web site:
http://join.shoppershotline.com/default2.html

-Michelle.

Go to Top of Page

Jennifer_MO

Raytown, MO
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  08:59:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is so cool! I just signed up. Is it just for groceries or does beer and stuff from the convenience or drug stores count too? I usually try to do one big visit to Hy-Vee every two weeks, but then I'll get bread and milk and other small items from Quik Trip or Osco while I'm there anyway for gas or prescriptions. I hope I am accepted.

MSPA Silver Certification
Shopping the Greater Kansas City Metro area in both Kansas and Missouri.
Go to Top of Page

.MaryB
Inactive

Houston, TX
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  7:25:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've received a call from the company today. They asked me a bunch of questions ( where do I shop? How often etc...).

She told me I would hook up the scanning device by my phone jack and to leave it on at all time, and once a week they do a reading off of it. She also said that I needed to scan anything that had a bar code.

Anyway,I was approved and they are sending me the kit which should arrived by US mail in a couple of weeks.

I can't wait

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Sappho W

Seffner, FL
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  10:31:22 PM  Visit Sappho W's Homepage  Send Sappho W an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got a call from them today!!
I had to answer their survey ????s and I got approved.
Can't wait to get the materials and start racking up the points!

Sappho
Go to Top of Page

Gail
Apprentice

Scottsdale, AZ
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  11:36:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok, for you guys who have been accepted to do this, what kinds of answers are you giving them? Like, how often do you shop? I am a single mom with one child so not sure I would shop often enough for them to consider, BUT I would REALLY like to do this!!
Thanks!
Gail
Go to Top of Page

.MaryB
Inactive

Houston, TX
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  12:56:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They went through all the different types of stores, Club stores, discount, convenient, etc...) and asked me how many time I shopped there on average in a week.
I truely think you are approved before you answered these questions, I guess if you received a call, then you are approved...
They just want to know for there database, I guess.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

SusieH
Contributor

Acworth, GA
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  2:32:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I called them and put in an application on the 17th of June. They told me then that it could take up to 3 months. I hope I get in too!!! I could use a certificate to the Gap! Congratulations to the ones that got in!
Go to Top of Page

Sappho W

Seffner, FL
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  5:45:56 PM  Visit Sappho W's Homepage  Send Sappho W an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I forgot to ask this when they called me but is it ONLY food purchases that I scan or would I scan ANYTHING that has a barcode.

Thanks,
Sappho
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3062 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  6:47:39 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
You scan anything with a barcode.

The only thing I hate to scan is Costco purchases. They actually make you input the price on each item as well as scan it. By the time I get home from here all I want to do is get all the refridgerated items away. So, I make sure the cashier rings up all the cold itens first. Then when I get home it is easy to go thru them and get them away.
Go to Top of Page

CMurphey
Contributor

San Antonio, TX
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  09:19:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did this years ago but I didn't do very well at at! They eventually requested the scanner back! It was a pain for me to do, but that was a different point in my life. I was considering doing it again, it seems like they have more items you can earn now.

Christy

Silver Certified 67dvb0
Go to Top of Page

Sappho W

Seffner, FL
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  05:02:25 AM  Visit Sappho W's Homepage  Send Sappho W an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got my scanner yesterday!!
Now I just gotta do some shopping! :)

Sappho
Go to Top of Page

MandyMershon
Valued Contributor

Kyle, TX
USA
187 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  08:25:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a call from them recently after signing up but you have to a land line phone to get approved. I only use a cell phone so I can't do it since everything is transmitted by phone.

Mandy Mershon
Shopping Central Texas including Austin, San Marcos, and Bastrop
MSPA Gold Certified Shopper # nkbd8u
Go to Top of Page

Elaine87
Valued Contributor

WI
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  9:39:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I sure wish they would call me! But maybe they don't need anyone that practically lives in the boonies.
Go to Top of Page

MeganMUT
Apprentice

Ogden, Utah
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  9:46:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a great idea, thanks for the number! Unfortunatly, there are no panel memberships open in my area code, but I'll try back often!

Megan

Trying to become a mystery shopper in Utah
Go to Top of Page

.MaryB
Inactive

Houston, TX
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  08:50:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've got my scanner yesterday. I got it set up, and I went shopping yesterday ( of course - I had to try it out!! ) and it was so fun and easy!!
Can't wait to shop some more - my husband is going to be so glad

Mary
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums