Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ke11y
Valued Contributor

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2015 :  1:14:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't find YouGov listed in the forums anywhere, which is surprising because the company has been around since at least 2006. Here's some info from their site:

"YouGov conducts polls on the Internet about politics, public affairs, products, brands and other topics of general interest.

Most YouGov surveys are very short and should only take you about five to seven minutes to complete. A typical survey is only about 20 to 30 fairly short questions in total. Occasionally, there will be longer surveys or surveys with more complex questions. The longest surveys should not take more than 20 minutes to complete.

When you take surveys you accumulate points which can later be redeemed for rewards. There are a number of options in our rewards center like: tote bags, t-shirts and PrePaid Gift Cards."

I have cashed out at least twice with them, although earning points for the largest and best value award of $100 Prepaid Visa or Amazon takes quite a while.

If you use my referral link, we'll both receive 2,000 extra points after you complete three surveys: https://today.yougov.com/refer/m9-Ccw1Unhz_RRsFvWiyNg/

Ke11y

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
180 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2016 :  5:43:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe it's just me, but, after registering with YouGov, I was assigned one survey which asked my political leanings, among other topics.

I honestly answered that I was a conservative and that I did not support President Obama's agenda.

I have never received another survey invitation, my login and password no longer work and the login/password reminder function does not work.

Maybe it's a coincidence.....

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2016 :  06:12:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done many, many of their surveys over the past year or so. The vast majority of their surveys are political. I have seen surveys asking about both conservative and liberal politics, and the poll section on their home page has a variety of topics.

WARNING - When they send you an email, DO NOT assume that is the survey you will actually take. If you screen out the survey program WILL NOT tell you, and will just push you into a different survey. Some surveys pay better than others. Most surveys pay 500 points, but some pay 1500. I had a situation where the email came for the 1500 point survey and I ended up taking a 500 point survey that took longer than the 1500 point one was supposed to. I asked them to credit me the amount I was advertised as supposed to be getting, and they refused. I am taking a few more surveys (about 10) to cash out for a $50 Amazon gift card and then I am closing my account.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2016 :  03:55:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I requested my first payout, a $50 Amazon GC, about a week ago. They state that they mail the cards and it should take 4-6 weeks to get in the mail. I'm not doing more surveys until I get my first payout.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2016 :  04:36:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got my $50 gift card in only three weeks. It came via mail. I input the code on Amazon and it was valid for $50. I will keep doing surveys via this company.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Ke11y
Valued Contributor

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2016 :  11:43:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have received $50 cash outs a couple of times. I have enough points for a $50 gift card now, but I am trying to save up for a $100 amazon gift card or Visa prepaid card since that is the best points value. But it takes me a long time to earn that amount of points.

Ke11y
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2016 :  10:20:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up for this too!! Thanks again, Kelly!
Go to Top of Page

Ke11y
Valued Contributor

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  5:08:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You're welcome, MCBarb!

I recently cashed out my points for a $100 Amazon gift card. Usually companies send the codes by email pretty quickly, but YouGov states 4-6 weeks for it to arrive by mail. Still should be good timing for the holidays. It took me a little under a year to earn that amount. I don't do 100% of the surveys that they send, but I did earn some referrals and joined their Pulse program that monitors cell phone data halfway through the year.

Ke11y
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2017 :  10:35:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have 21 K now. I need 30 K to get a $25 gift card!! YAY!! I am almost there....it hasn't taken long at all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums