Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author  Topic Next Topic  

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2015 :  05:56:59 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Right off the bat Ive experienced problems after installation. First off, I wasnt able to connect to the internet after restart. A notification said the network adapter wasnt working. Thankfully, my son did some research online and found that the settings had to be all turned off, and then reset after restart. Problem solved.Ive also lost all my favorites I had saved in my email account. Now, I find I cant hear the voice in any video I want to play, whether it be the local news, msn, etc. The speakers are working fine, just not so I can hear the videos. Ive been searching for the speaker settings to check for changes made during the installation, but cant locate. Has anyone run into this problem? If so, what did you do to fix it?

Nora
Star Contributor

PA
USA
6341 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2015 :  4:14:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't downloaded 10 yet, primarily because I've heard of too many video/audio issues after installing. it sounds like it might be a driver issue, so here are a couple of links that might help you ( or your son,lol!)...http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/windows-10-how-fix-sound-issues-after-upgrade-1513693...and...http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01. Sure hope this helps, Judy.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  3:31:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am staying with Windows 7. I have had it for years with no problems at all. I don't need 10 windows. lol!!
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  5:34:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband installed Windows 10 on his computer (against my advice). We had so many problems, we took it back off after a few days.

I had read about a lot of the problems with Windows 10. It was worse than what I had read. And then his computer crashed.

One warning said, if there is no immediate need to upgrade, one is better off to take a wait-and-see attitude until they get the bugs worked out.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  

Get Active!

Have you posted something helpful today?

Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums