Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2016 :  3:51:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have roasted veggies in the past... cut up cabbage, peppers, carrots, scallions and sprinkle with s & p with a bit of olive oil.... then bake abt 30 - 40 minutes.

Tonight I fixed the best veggies I ever had anywhere at anytime. I used fresh brussel sprouts, julienned carrots with 2 T. olive oil with s & p and I also put abt 1" of water in the bottom of the pyrex baking dish (lasagna size). I roasted them for abt 30 - 40 minutes at 325. This was absolutely excellent!!!~ I also had mashed sweet potatoes and baked ham with horseradish and sour cream sauce. Hmmmmmmmm good.

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2016 :  11:21:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone else have recipes or suggestions for roasted veggies?
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2016 :  06:52:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I roast just about any veggies by spraying the pan with Pam, plopping in the cut up veggies, spraying the veggies with Pam, and sprinkling on the spice I want for that meal. Could be just about anything, depending on the main dish. My husband particularly likes curry. I used to love the Mrs. Dash Spicy back when I could eat peppers. For squash of any kind I frequently use any spice you would normally put in pumpkin pie.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2016 :  11:19:33 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
McBarb, we also use cabbage cut into quarters, asparagus, and whole cauliflower.Asparagus is excellent sprinkled with a little garlic salt and fresh grated parmesean(?) cheese melted on top. For a great taste do it on the gas/charcoal grill. Oh my gosh, each is fantastic! Also, as Jnanne comments the colored peppers (red/yellow, orange varieties) also are excellent. Some of the mild to warmer peppers are also excellent roasted on the grill, cut in half, seeded, and turned during cooking. Mixed vegetables offer a great variety of flavors too.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2016 :  08:20:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to take scallions and put them on the grill too. They are yummy and so is eggplant. Slice it ... put on some olive oil and grill it.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2016 :  09:54:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
corn on the cob!!!

Pull the husk down, but don't remove it. Take off the silk. Cover the kernels with the husk again. Soak the whole ear in water for an hour or more. Pull the husk down again, and smear butter or margarine over the kernels. Replace the husk. Grill with the meat. Whenever you turn the meat, turn the corn. When the meat is done, the corn is done.

Wonderful with steaks, chicken, or chops. Can't wait for summer!

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums