Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2016 :  2:25:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up with this company in early 2016 and did 4 shops for them in March. The website and their acceptance email say that payment will be sent within 7 days of the next month from the shop date. The completed shops were listed under the payment history as under review. When I didn't receive payment two months from the shop date I sent numerous emails and left voice mails. I never received a reply. When I went back online to review my payment history I found I was deactivated. In my 20 years of mystery shopping I have never come across such a blatant case of non payment and lack of communication. I know of at least one other shopper who also didn't receive payment. So I would not advise doing business with this MSC.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California

EliseSm
Valued Contributor

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2016 :  1:47:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Ken!
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2016 :  10:52:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has any shopper been paid or not been paid by this company? I submitted a complaint to the BBB and received the following response:

"In response to the complaint, Yes this Independent Contractor did do an assignment for us. However he was not paid because the information submitted was not complete (sic) the right way. Please see our policy below. We are by all means correct in withholding payment to any Independent Contractor. When the Independent Contractor signs up with our company they are fully aware of this. This Independent Contractor was not paid for incomplete work." They went on to cite the IC agreement.

I have sent the following answer to their response:

I was never informed that there was any problem with the assignments I completed. They were simple restroom checks at supermarkets along with pictures. I following the instructions precisely and took good pictures. They were submitted on time.The shops showed "payment pending" for many weeks after the shops were submitted. When I did not receive payment by the expected time noted in the assignment details I tried to call and email them. My call voicemails were never returned and the emails went unanswered. Subsequently, I could no longer log into the website as I was apparently deactivated.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
284 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2016 :  6:58:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Would it be wrong for you to go directly to the client? I know you're not supposed to, but if they are truly hosing you for work you did correctly and you have proof, perhaps you can resolve it with the client directly.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2016 :  08:08:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will wait for the response of the MSC through the BBB. I'm not sure of the client as I believe it may be a contractor of the supermarket that cleans their restrooms. Also, since they deactivated me, I can no longer access the shop status to see my shops as pending. they never answered any of my emails do I have no proof of the shops.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Go to Top of Page

EliseSm
Valued Contributor

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  3:34:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KenASch

I will wait for the response of the MSC through the BBB. I'm not sure of the client as I believe it may be a contractor of the supermarket that cleans their restrooms. Also, since they deactivated me, I can no longer access the shop status to see my shops as pending. they never answered any of my emails do I have no proof of the shops.

I checked the BBB for Evaluator Shopper Reviews. They have closed the sole complaint. Although I've never complained to BBB in regard to MSCs, I have submitted other complaints, and won both. You really have to whine and put every detail of the entire story out there to get results.
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2016 :  08:39:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did provide every detail possible to the BBB. Evaluator Shopper provided the following answer to my complaint.

"In response to the complaint, Yes this Independent Contractor did do an assignment for us. However he was not paid because the information submitted was not complete the right way. Please see our policy below. We are by all means correct in withholding payment to any Independent Contractor. When the Independent Contractor signs up with our company they are fully aware of this. This Independent Contractor was not paid for incomplete work."

This is a total fabrication of the facts. I am a veteran shopper with over 15 years experience. I completed the assignments exactly as per the instructions. These were simple shops with pictures and no narrative. I was never contacted about any problems with my submissions. Instead they simply deactivated me without payment. Their BBB rating has been changed from A to A- and my complaint is available to be read on the BBB site. So I guess I accomplished something even though I will never receive payment for my work.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Go to Top of Page

EliseSm
Valued Contributor

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2016 :  12:35:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I believe you, KenASch. I'm not working with Evaluatorshopper, and appreciate your comment.

A company down rated me for a series of phone shops, and rejected the work. They said I didn't ask a key question, but I know I did, because the script was in front of me when I did the phone shops.
Go to Top of Page

SandyKMac
Contributor

Dallas, TX
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2016 :  12:44:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EliseSm

I believe you, KenASch. I'm not working with Evaluatorshopper, and appreciate your comment.

A company down rated me for a series of phone shops, and rejected the work. They said I didn't ask a key question, but I know I did, because the script was in front of me when I did the phone shops.

Since I live in a state in which only one party needs to know that a call is being recorded, I downloaded an app that records my phone calls. That way, I have something to go back to if I have a question. Sometimes, I find that something was said that I didn't think was said or something I thought was said, was actually something completely different.
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  12:02:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SandyKMac

quote:
Originally posted by EliseSm

Since I live in a state in which only one party needs to know that a call is being recorded, I downloaded an app that records my phone calls. That way, I have something to go back to if I have a question. Sometimes, I find that something was said that I didn't think was said or something I thought was said, was actually something completely different.

What app do you use? I haven't found anything that works with my IPhone.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Go to Top of Page

RonMinNJ
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
399 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2017 :  5:09:16 PM  Send RonMinNJ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any updates on this company?
Any one actually get paid? Is there only the one complaint lodged against them?
According to Gigspot they state that Evaluator Shopper's Pay Policy is asfollows:
"Evaluator Shopper pays via check only.
Payment to IC for completed and acceptable work will be made 60 days from the last day of the month the shop was completed in.
With 10 business days for mailing. Meaning if you completed an assignment in March 2016,
and your assignment was accepted, we will process a check for you on the last day of June 2016
and such check will be mailed to your address on file.
Before contacting us for any payments not received,
please allow 10 business days for mailing of your check"

UGH...Not sure if I want to work with them!

Class room trained and Silver certified with more than 1800 successfully completed shops since 1999!
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
364 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2017 :  06:23:29 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
As a youth, like many such people, I was rather absolute. As the decades have flown by, though, my outlook on life has changed and I hesitate to be so firm. When, however, any company takes more than 60 days to pay me, they either are in a financial pinch or they are using my money as an interest free loan. Therefore, I abstain from such a relationship and that is ABSOLUTE!

Bob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums