Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
465 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  5:13:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a email today for a shop at one of the fancy gourmet burger places. The pay for the shop was a whooping $3.00
+ reimbursement for meal. I guess that's fine if you were planning on eating there, but otherwise, it isn't even worth my time.

Sue A
Silver Certified

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1883 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2017 :  5:21:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If it's just yes/no check-the-box questions, $3 would be okay. I'm guessing they're not. Shops that requires any narrative at all need to pay at least $10.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
465 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2017 :  5:33:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Julie_WA_Writer

If it's just yes/no check-the-box questions, $3 would be okay. I'm guessing they're not. Shops that requires any narrative at all need to pay at least $10.

It has a 8 page questionnaire, with all answers requiring a explanation. And a narrative.
It was gone within 5 minutes of it being posted. So I guess someone didn't mind the low pay. Or they were planning on eating there already.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1883 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2017 :  8:42:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Even if I was in line ready to order when the shop posted, no way would I take something like that! Must be a new shopper who got duped by the "foot in the door" mantra.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2017 :  1:00:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What amazes me after all these years is the fact people see bonuses being offered EVERY month on certain shops, but they still trip over each other to grab them when first posted at the lowest possible pay.

With the national pizza chain having switched MSC, it is interesting to see how the several MSC are handling this new work. Some people are dying for free pizza. You can go to Costco and get a MULTI-topping pizza for $10 and not have any work, pictures, report to submit. Granted the work is not hard, but have we reduced ourselves to working for food only?

I will not do a fast casual shop for less than $10 pay.

I had a friend interested in doing some MSC work. He finally signed up. He did one of the pizza shops at $12 pay and still thought it wasn't worth the effort. He has been "enticed" to do some of the lower paying shops because he's new, but I keep telling him "watch and wait" as the fees will rise later in the month.

Micah
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Forum Tip:

Only use QUOTE as needed to quote what you are replying to if it is otherwise not clear.

Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums