So honestly, what is the best deal?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joe C

Sarasota, FL
9 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  1:57:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I see a lot of people saying they will only work for a certain wage, but there is always more to the deal.

In my situation, I have:

Company A - pays $15/hour (independent contractor) with no mileage or drive time. October to December can spend 12-14 hours a day in the same location if I choose. The other 9 months, 50% of the jobs are real local and the other 50%, I can drive 30 miles each way for an hour project. I have been with this company for years and have always been treated more than fairly.

Company B - $19/hour (IC) - mileage paid at IRS rates after 120 miles in a day. Gives the least hours yearly of the group and real tough to do more than 6 hours in a day due to space between stops but is involved in my non-work passion.

Company C (employee) - $10/hour, drive time paid between stops, but not really as it is just clocked in to make sure I get minimum wage for the day. Work is easy,fairly steady.

Company D (employee)- $9.50 hour. Mileage paid after 1st 30 miles in and out, Drive time and minimal mileage money paid between stops. Probably has the most work of the bunch.

Company E (employee)- $12 hour. Paid for all time from 30 minutes after leaving the house until 30 minutes before I get home (unless 1st or last store are closer than 30 minutes, then i get paid when i arrive or leave.) No mileage and in a little different direction than where the rest of my work is. However, they have hours available before I can start any of my other jobs. Plus it is a weekly route, so the time is same year round. I am an early riser so this was the draw for me

Honestly, as a package they all work together, but with deadlines, we all know that routing this is never perfect.

So I am curious what everyone else thinks - which is truly the best and worst deal?

Bert M
Valued Contributor

Charleston, SC
115 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2018 :  7:50:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope you are claiming all the other mileage you are not paid for.
That much tracking would make my head spin.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Get Active!

If you just read, you are not really a member.

Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums