Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2018 :  2:06:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm seeing apps that 'hook' you up with jobs in the merchandising/demo/mystery shopping field. Sounds almost too good for me. Has anyone tried any? Was it any good? Would you recommend or guide us away from?

Marla

MargieG
Valued Contributor

USA
146 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2018 :  06:48:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This has been around a while. My experience is that jobs posted this way want a lot of work for very little pay. I can spend my time better.

Margie
MSPA Gold Certifed since 2004
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2018 :  07:27:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What I'm seeing is those 15 minute job that we all hated. I know enough to clump those together with several companies. they are targeting people that are just out 'shopping' not so much professionals that hope to live on the work.

Have you tried them?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MargieG
Valued Contributor

USA
146 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2018 :  4:01:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never seen multiple jobs for the same store listed but I guess it's possible. There is usually a short amount of time to do the job. It might even be due the same day. An example of what I see is stuff like go to a particular Walmart. Take pictures of a display, answer some questions about the display, and take an inventory. Pay is $5.00. However, if the display is not out find a manager, find the display, and get it to the floor. Pay is $10.00 if this happens. The first scenario might not take much time but if the display isn't out then it becomes a nightmare. It's not enough for me to take the chance. However, everyone is different. You could try a couple and see what you think.

Margie
MSPA Gold Certifed since 2004
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
195 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  09:56:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would be very hesitant to take any of these sorts of jobs in Walmart because, almost certainly, the companies offering those jobs are NOT approved by Walmart to be in their stores.

At the beginning of this year, Walmart went with five major merchandising companies (Anderson, ACOSTA, Crossmark, Set And Service and Premium) to do ALL of their merchandising work. They did make exceptions for their soft, drink, beer/win and bread vendors.
If you do not work for one of those five companies, you are not authorized to perform any work in a Walmart store.

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2018 :  09:14:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did 2 jobs in one of our Kroger's that I used to work when I was working. Total of $10 for about 30 minutes work including working. One for Gigwalk (they have already paid me via paypal, less than 24 hrs) and one for EasyShift (they say if all ok within 14 days). If I had known how quickly Gigwalk paid, I would have picked up several other jobs, but you never know with a new company.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums