Page: of 74

Kareena

Montrose, CO
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  10:06:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Directly from their website:
Q. When do I get paid?
Payments are currently processed in the calendar month following that in which an assignment was completed. For example, a shopper in the United States who completes an assignment on May 20 will be paid for that assignment on June 15. The approximate payment dates for all countries are as follows:
USA and Canada
15th & 30th
UK
24th
Australia & NZ
12th
All other markets
20th
Note: Where payments are made by direct deposit into your bank account, you may experience delays of up to 3 working days before these funds become available. The length of this delay will vary depending on the conditions set by your financial institution.

Hope this helps everyone out. I will let you know if I receive my payment on the 15th.
Go to Top of Page

DFery

Salem, OR
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2005 :  2:51:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You are not alone, I have not been paid for May or June Shops - I am hoping I will see the money on July 16 or 17.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Carlee_V

Ontario
Canada
23 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2005 :  4:04:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did three shops at the beginning of June, and the pay was deposited into my account on the 13th of July. I'm super happy about it, and will definitely take more jobs with them.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2005 :  5:36:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also have not been paid, I expected it today as per an email that they sent me. It took a couple days for an answer and they assured me that I would be paid on the 15th, but nothing. Not my banks fault either because I receive several different paychecks this way without problems. I'll giive them a couple days before I really complain though.
Go to Top of Page

RHelland
Trainee

Yelm, WA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2005 :  7:58:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You all are very lucky to have even received an email from them. I have emailed them 8 times using my personal email and their shopper enquiry website tool over the last 2 weeks with absolutely NO response. I finally found a phone number to a US office and they stated the only way to take care of payment issues is through the website; apparently then stopped taking phone calls about payment last year (hmmm..). The person I talked to on the phone told me she would leave the correct person a message, as I was not able to speak to him on the phone, and assured me he would call me back in 1 hour. Well, that was 9:30 a.m. this morning and no word yet. I feel like I am getting the run around from these people from the mere fact that I haven't heard anything from them. I have read so many posts that have stated the quickness of GapBuster's replies to them. I wish that was me. But it does make me feel better to see that I am not the only one who hasn't gotten payment yet for those May shops.
Go to Top of Page

MysTerri

Westminster, CO
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  06:03:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just checked my bank account (gotta love online banking ) and my GAPbusters payment, including bonuses, for shops done June 15-30 posted yesterday (July 15).
I'm curious why some people are having problems and others aren't

MSPA Silver Certified~~~eoel5z
Happily shopping the Denver, Westminster, Arvada, Thornton, Broomfield, and Longmont Colorado areas!
Go to Top of Page

LaurieNotLori

Iowa
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  12:38:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
RHelland,
On page 7 of this thread, Janice-WA posted some email addresses for Gapbuster. I had good luck getting a reply to my email using one of them. I don't remember which of the three I used to contact Gapbuster, but I think it was the first one, usa@gapbuster.com . I have had mixed results using the enquiry function on the website. I have received prompt replies, no replies, and replies that had nothing to do with the question I asked.
Good Luck!
Laurie

"I've found that Trouble is a lot easier to get into than out of"
Go to Top of Page

JSalata
Contributor

Wakeman, Ohio
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  08:09:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I rec'd an email from Gapbuster last week telling me I would be paid on the 15th of July for the balance of my June shops. I checked my account this morning and it's all there. June was the first month I've worked for them, and so far, all is good. As of this point in time, I will continue working for them.

Janice
Shopping in North Central OH - now Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Paula H.
Valued Contributor

Pasadena, CA
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  12:47:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I, too, am having trouble getting replies to two e-mails and one phone call (which was forwarded...I couldn't talk to anyone directly). I am disputing a rejected shop and am getting annoyed at the non-response. The rejection was for not competing a portion of a Saturday shop, but the portion not done was because that department is always closed on Saturdays.I explained this in my report, in my e-mails, and to the phone operator. Still, no reply. I am still waiting, but not holding out much hope of speaking to a live person.

Gold Certified shopper
Go to Top of Page

DFery

Salem, OR
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  11:33:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not been paid for May, June or July 1-14 shops yet. They e-mailed and said that I was paid and I said No, I called my bank and they said there should be an AUTHROIZATION NUMBER FOR EACH DIRECT DEPOSIT. I have ask for this number and I said I would provide any detail they neeed to show that I have not been paid. Gapbuster had not sent me anything and is not repsonding to e-mail. Anyone have a phone number for these guys?

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Melissa in MO.

St. Louis, MO
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  4:32:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed my first job for Gapbuster on 6/27/05.. and was paid via direct deposit on 7/18/05.

I wasn't notified by email of my payment but when I logged on my bank's website the payment was there.

Go to Top of Page

Paula H.
Valued Contributor

Pasadena, CA
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  5:02:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a phone number or e-mail address that reaches a real person at Gapbuster? I sent the 1st e-mail right after my shop, explaining why I couldn't do a portion of the mall shop as the management office was closed Saturdays and the only way their ## program would accept my report is if I filled in anything, as long as I gave info. 2 e-mails later and 2 phone calls later, both telling the whole sorry story, my shop still shows "rejected." The phone person said she's only involved in sales and couldn't transfer me to tech (who supposedly handles everything else) because they are "in a different country." She said she'd pass along my message. So far--nothing, and I'm out the cost of the shop, not to mention the time wasted in the mall and entering pages of data. Gee whizz!

Gold Certified shopper
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  5:48:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was skeptical at first but I now have a few more greenbacks in the bank. Even a little more then I thought from Gapbuster. I went from :( to this :).

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

KrisM
Inactive

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  6:13:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
the usa email address listed above is no longer active.

I have not been paid for 2 shops in the beginning of June. Problem is, 1 was where the business doesn't exist. They promised me $5 just for determining the business has been bulldozed down.

The other one, there was an error in the shop, but they said it wasn't my fault and promised full payment this time.

I have sent them an enquiry copying both emails promising payment to me. I think the problem is, since both had issues, they show "rejected" on the website.

I don't like their website and don't find their processes very promising so far.
Go to Top of Page

RHelland
Trainee

Yelm, WA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2005 :  10:48:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had the same problems for a long time, not being able to reach anyone by e-mail or phone about a payment I was owed. I finally found this e-mail address, emailed an URGENT message to it and received a response the next business day. They were very apologetic and even gave me a $10.00 bonus on the shops because it was their fault I wasn't paid. Hope this help you all.

XEPaymentUSA@gapbuster.com

Oh yes, the only phone number I could find for the company was under the terms of use contract on the website and it brought me to a live person that only dealt with sale and could not help me. She stated she would leave a message for the correct person, since I was not allowed to talk to that person on the phone, and I too never received a phone call back.

Good luck!!
Go to Top of Page

Paula H.
Valued Contributor

Pasadena, CA
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2005 :  7:52:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
GAPbuster has gone from bad to worse. I finally received an e-mail from Brad McDonbald yesterday stating I would get a phone call today(July 21)to discuss "my problem." It 's about 8pm: still no phone call. The shop still shows "rejected" at their website.To make it more ludicrous, I received an e-mail directed to me personally, by name, stating they had a shop that needed to be done and I could have an $11.50 bonus. Guess what? It was the same shop they had rejected! There are enough companies out there who are responsive to their shoppers, treat them fairly, and know that we are really performing a service for them, that I cannot see myself doing more shops for this company.

Gold Certified shopper
Go to Top of Page

Paula H.
Valued Contributor

Pasadena, CA
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2005 :  8:22:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe I can take back my angry words! I just received a call (8:15pm my time) from a fine fellow in Australia, with apologies for the difficulties and a bit of a bonus for all the hassle. They will now take into account the difficulties I experienced so hopefully it will not happen to another shopper. He acknowledged that it is very important to them to keep their shoppers positive about their work for this company. Hooray!!

Gold Certified shopper
Go to Top of Page

KrisM
Inactive

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  07:02:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's been a week since my first email so I sent another one with "2nd Request for Response" in the subject line. They emailed within 24 hours. Apparantly I cannot be paid until I have a "valid" shop. Since my first 2 shops were odd, one location was closed and the other had an error, I have to wait until I do a shop in August to be paid. Let's hope that shop is VALID!
Go to Top of Page

Kathy.S

ON
Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  07:53:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I am impressed with this company so far. I just started working for them in August. I just checked my bank account, and I was paid on August 31st for the jobs I did from August 10th-15th. That was a nice surprise!

MPSA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Joy Jean

Janesville, Wisconsin
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  09:39:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I am having a bit of a time with this company. I signed on to do four fast-food restaurant shops in the same week, back to back. I went in to look at my last one, and it was rejected. Like others on this board, I was given no notice. I emailed them, and emailed them. They emailed me back and kept giving me different answers or the same thing. I don't think they even read my email because they would say exactly what I said. It made no sense. They told me I rejected or cancelled the shop. I did NOT do that. I did the shop and turned it in within 3 hours of doing it. I did it in the marked time on the right day and have the receipt to prove it. I've emailed them back and forth and am getting nowhere. I am supposed to get a call from them tonight, but I doubt it'll do any good. I've asked them over the last 3-4 days to call me, and I finally had one person say they would "tomorrow night." We'll see. I will NOT do any more shops for them unless I hear from them and it's resolved. I did the shop, did it well and in the time it was required.
BTW, this company has the most training I've ever had to go through for doing a shop. It was not boring, but it took a long time. More paperwork than I've done with any other company.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums