Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

BridgetM
Star Contributor

Wisconsin
USA
312 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  07:07:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not had any problems with this company. In my area the shops usually have bonuses and I don't mind the extra cash.
Go to Top of Page

Cythia_D
Trainee

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  07:54:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't like it that I cannot take shops at the last minute with them. Their computer, being in Australia's time zone, seems to remove shop dates when they have past.... only problem is that they haven't passed yet.

Just today, I was seeing if my schedule was going to allow me to go out. When it did, I logged onto their site to accept the lunch shop for a location near me. (I had been watching it).

When I logged on, "Friday" was no longer an option for the shop. Now, only Saturday and Sunday are showing!! It does this all the time and is so annoying that it prevents me from taking a job at the last minute that i could have easily done.
Go to Top of Page

England
Apprentice

Olympia, WA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  08:56:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a great company. Payments are fast and fair. Bonuses are offered regularly. I like the way the schedulers call me directly to ask me to take a shop if I haven't been to the board in awhile. I've been with them since they came to the US. You won't be sorry.

Julie E England
# blftyj
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  6:51:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Molly, sorry you have problems with them. I have had no problems with them since they came to the area. My account always shows that the payments come from Gap. Maybe it is your bank and the way they record things.

I love the way they call me too for premium assignments!

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Joy Jean

Janesville, Wisconsin
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  09:13:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, sorry to tell you all, but I am STILL having MAJOR issues with this company. Last month, after I did the one shop,
reported it,
and then they said I didn't do it,
told me to re-do it & would pay me for both times (plus reimbursement),
checked online, and it was only recorded one time,
contacted them three times before they contacted me back,
they contacted me three times telling me I was wrong,
they finally said it was straightened out,
I did a total of 7 jobs for them last month, AND...
I received payment for THREE!
I am $50 short!!
And to top it all off::::
I contacted them three times,
once: no response
twice: a response, I contacted them back, the email they sent me was invalid.
I contaced them via their site, no answer since.
So am I out the money? Who knows.

SHOPPERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Joy Jean

Janesville, Wisconsin
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  09:18:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How does it work if you get paid twice a month? Are some shops paid later? I don't get it. Maybe I'm off. I can't get an answer either way. But the shops they say they paid me for were from the end of the month. What about the shops I did at the beginning? Especially the one I did twice?
Go to Top of Page

MelissaLumbard
Apprentice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  09:33:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that shops done for example September 1-14th would be paid September 30. Shops done Spetember 15-30th would be paid October 15. I have not had any trouble with them and payment has always been correct.
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  6:02:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Joy,

Melissa is correct. Payments are made on the 15th and 30th of every month. Depending on what day those days fall on. It's always in my account within a day or two if not on the exact day.

I do have to agree with another post here at Volition about their pay however. Gas prices went up and GapB pay went down. They figured out everyone was waiting for the premium bonuses, I guess. They called me last night wanting to give me a bonus for a couple of shops they needed done, but the bonuses were awful. In the end, I got the pay I requested and she thanked me for being one of their best and valued shoppers.

Getting fat on hamburgers! What a way to go!

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Joy Jean

Janesville, Wisconsin
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  05:45:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will admit when I am wrong, and I am wrong in most of this here. They did pay my other half in late October. MY BAD!!!!
However, getting in contact with them to correct their error was difficult. Still, in the end, they made it right!
Disregard my previous email. I, personally, will still be a bit choosy with this company, and I will, as well, wait for the bonus time.
Go to Top of Page

Tonya-in-KS
Apprentice

Rose Hill, KS
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  4:07:05 PM  Send Tonya-in-KS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can someone please help! I have been shopping for quite some time and I don't know if I am just frustrated or what, but I just got invited to shop with this company and I signed up. When I signed up, they stated that I had to do some sort of qualifications something or other so I logged in to their system to check it out. When I go to complete the training, it's very sketchy and I am not sure what I need to do??? I pass all the ones that give quizes with 100%'s, but then the ones with timings or whatever, I am clueless as to what they want!? Can anyone offer some assistance? Please!

Tonya Ross
Shopping the Wichita, KS metro area including the areas of Rose Hill, Andover, Mulvane, Douglass, Udall and Derby.
MSPA Silver Certification # rrbwsb
Go to Top of Page

KrisM
Inactive

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  4:37:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I won't shop for them, because as already mentioned, it is impossible to get in touch with them! I have never seen a company so hard to talk to. I work for other companies based out of the country and they have their wires crossed, so there's no excuse for gapbuster.
Go to Top of Page

Annil
Apprentice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  4:49:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi I joined gapbuster and I already got 2 shops for them, hope it works out.
Go to Top of Page

Miskell

New Caney, Texas
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  2:43:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up for my 1st shop with gapbuster, what a name huh?
Looks simple enough, I remember doing this shop for another MSC, not exact but close, easy as pie!

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

OntarioGinaG
Contributor

St. Catharines, Ontario
Canada
91 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  09:26:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just make sure you always receive that confirmation email that says they got your shop. I did a dine-in only (I was only out $6.00) and spent forever putting the form, faxed the receipt. Only to find out the shop was rejected. I sent a message asking why but did not get a response. I realized later I had never got the automated email, so my report must not have gone through. But I wonder, they get a receipt and no report. Doesn't that help them realize someone completed the shop, but there was an error receiving the report? All my other shops have been paid, so I won't hold it against them.
Go to Top of Page

WendyK
Apprentice

Belton, TX
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  11:04:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a shop assigned to me for February in Tx from gapbuster.
When any company asks for bank or social security number I fill in that I will provide it when necessary, and so far that has worked for me (in case anyone is interested).
Go to Top of Page

Billie

Tampa, FL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  7:31:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied on 17 Jan. because of a $25 gift card offer for first shop completed in Jan 06. I was accepted the next day. I spent time doing the training and took one assignment.

Today I got an e-mail saying that my inital application did not "meet screening requirements". My password still works. I sent an e-mail tonight asking if I am a shopper or not.

I would not have taken over an hour of testing if I have been informed that I do not meet the correct demographics. I will update if I receive response. On the upside I thought the flash training was well designed and quite easy. I just hate to waste time. Even if they consider me active, I may ask to be removed from their data base.

Billie
Gold certified. Able to shop Ellenton, Ruskin, Sun City Center, Riverview, Brandon, Orlando, Plant City
Go to Top of Page

Billie

Tampa, FL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  06:40:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a very swift reply from Gapbuster. They apologized for a computer error and said that they look forward to working with me. I will complete my Feb. shop as scheduled and update feedback when I get paid.

Billie
Gold certified. Able to shop Ellenton, Ruskin, Sun City Center, Riverview, Brandon, Orlando, Plant City
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  12:25:33 PM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Cythia_D, we are working to come up with a fix for this problem out of all countries that we shop USA/Canada is the most affected by this problem due to the time zone difference relative to Australia! We apologize for this. If you have such a last minute assignment request you can always just pop a request through the website advising of the assignment number you want to pick up (and the date), failing that just email me with you full details and Iíll take care of it (as long as I am around!)

MollyHouse, agreed that it is difficult to determine what we have actually paid you for, but just remember:
We process our shopper payments fortnightly - around the 15th and 30th of each month. Hereís an example of how our payment works:
#12539; If you shop between the 1st-14th of a given month your payment will be processed around the 30th of that month.
#12539; If you shop between the 15th-31st of a given month your payment will be processed around the 15th of the following month.
Shoppers are advised that it could take up to 3 days to process payments.

Joy Jean, sorry to hear about the troubles you have been having with our company. Please make sure you submit all enquiries through our website only. It seems that you may have attempted to reply to an automated email we sent you directly (hence the invalid message appearing) Also remember the payment schedule/dates as listed above, you payment for assignments completed later in the month could well still be on its way!

Tonya-in-KS, the online training modules are reasonably simple to complete, just make sure you have the latest version of flash installed!

KrisM, we have good staff allocation on emails. Submitting an enquiry through the correct channels (the XEC website) will see a response delivered (and phone call if need be) within 24 hours.

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Email: Michael.Olivo@gapbuster.com
PLEASE ensure I am not your first port of call..
Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

JSalata
Contributor

Wakeman, Ohio
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  12:58:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all! GAPbuster is definitely one of my favorite companies to shop for. I have done approx. 25 shops for them in the last 8 months. I have always been paid in full and on time. I certainly can't say that about some other MS companies.
I can concur with what Michael_GAP wrote. I have received several phone calls from them regarding enquiries I have submitted on their website. They have always been very polite and helpful. I check their site daily (sometimes several times a day). If the shop is located withing my personal driving limits, and if the pay is reasonable (and it almost always is, to me at least), I would not hesitate to accept a shop from them.

Janice
Shopping in North Central OH - now Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

JSalata
Contributor

Wakeman, Ohio
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  1:50:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Try following this link. This page has has a link to sign up as a shopper. GapBuster is a great company to shop for. Just remember that the only way to email them is through the shopper portal. All others (at least those I've tried) have bounced back. I always get a response when I email through the site.

http://www.gapbuster.com/en-us/index.asp

Good luck!

Janice
Shopping in North Central OH - now Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums