Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

AShuman
Star Contributor

Gastonia, NC
USA
448 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  7:56:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an email the other day stating that the notice about my application being rejected was an error (Hadn't received the rejection email though...). They thanked me for applying and were excited to begin working with me. I should take the training so I could select my first shops! (Note: I've been shopping on a very regular basis for them for over a year now.)

Anyone else getting weird emails from them?

Alison
MSPA Gold 2006
Shopping Greater Charlotte, Gastonia, and the Upstate of SC.
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  10:03:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi I received that email also and I have been with them for a year now.

I responded and gave them my shopper id. They sent me 4 apologetic emails saying:

Thank you for your email.

Please accept my apologies . Your account is active and the email sent to you was due to a system error.

We look forward to working with you .

Linda
Go to Top of Page

JSalata
Contributor

Wakeman, Ohio
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  11:19:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received this email, too. I thought about sending them one, but decided it was really no biggie. They have a new client, and I had recently completed their orientation. Perhaps this was involved with the error? Who knows. I'm not too worried about it.

Janice
Shopping in North Central OH - now Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

JanetMA

Ocala, FL
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  03:53:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I started with GapBuster just a few weeks ago. I did give my bank information and I pray it is not scam. I started mystery shop for them just yesterday and after filling out questionnaire, they sent me the most courtesy email I ever see! They thanked me for helping them. How neat! I somewhat feel we can trust them. Hope I am right.

Janet
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  2:02:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Been with them about a year....you can trust them..they pay on time.
Their shop fees are a bit low...but if you hang back...they usually increase them to be more reasonable.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  2:32:10 PM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JanetMA

I started with GapBuster just a few weeks ago. I did give my bank information and I pray it is not scam. I started mystery shop for them just yesterday and after filling out questionnaire, they sent me the most courtesy email I ever see! They thanked me for helping them. How neat! I somewhat feel we can trust them. Hope I am right.
Hi JanetMA,
No, no scam here we have been operating for over 10 yrs across most of the globe now! You should have noticed our sign up page now is now encrypted by 256bit SSL security..
This should establish at least SOME credibility where we are taking solid steps to ensure the security of your details as they are transmitted to us over the internet, because those certificates are not cheap to purchase or implement...
ope you have fun shopping with us and if you have any problems contact us!
Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Email: Michael.Olivo@gapbuster.com
PLEASE ensure I am not your first port of call..
Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  2:46:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Janet- First it is not uncommon for companies to ask for bank info if they pay by direct deposit (which I love!!)... Also I have noticed that most companies do not have reps that follow this forum and respond religiously to posts, good or bad, like Gapbuster does... That is a nice bonus to me...

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

CMilton
Star Contributor

North Haledon, NJ
USA
379 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  3:43:16 PM  Visit CMilton's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I found Gapbuster to be totally professional,and I recently signed up ad took the required tests for several clients. Still, the fees are not great, and I though I appreciate the work available, I'd only take the assignments if they were very local and easy to do. With gas at an all time high, or near to it, I look carefully at what I take on.

C

celia milton
Gold Certified 2004, nzcy0k
Go to Top of Page

JSalata
Contributor

Wakeman, Ohio
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  3:44:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Michael,
It is good to see someone from your company responding here on Voliton. I have been shopping for GapBuster since last summer. I had to take a couple of months off due to serious illness in my family, but I'm getting back now. One change I would really like to see is your email system. As I see things right now, the only way to email your company is through the website. This is usually ok, but there are occasions I would like to email from my email program so I can have a "sent" copy. Going through your website to email does not afford me this opportunity. Either a change or a work-around would be nice. Otherwise, I have not really had any problems with your site. I do enjoy working for GapBuster, and I really like that you pay so quickly.
Janice

Janice
Shopping in North Central OH - now Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Lara V
Trainee

Russia
5 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  9:28:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!

I wonder if somebody could tell me how long it usually takes for the application to be processed at GAPbuster. I submitted one at least 3 weeks ago and never received any confirmation from them although when I signed up it showed that there are quite a few shopping opportunities in my area. I've read a lot of positive feedback on them here on Volition and I would really like to get on board with this company. Should I try to email them or just be patient and wait for their reply?

Thanks a lot for your responses in advance.

Larisa

Lara
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  8:07:32 PM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

Lara V, it could take sometime to process your application as we check out each and everyone individually!

We only accept one application / household and you cannot have shopped for us before either.
If you are clear on both of these points please email me with the full details you provided on your application form (except for you Bank Details, if you provided them) and I will chase up your application for you.

JSalata, sorry to hear about your circumstances but good to hear you are back on track! This development is being discussed (amongst a few others) to better manage your communication with us... watch this space!

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  03:58:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michael, While I realize that the purpose of this forum is not communicating with you, this does seem to be the easiest way to receive a rapid response. I had problems with a shop over the weekend and sent an e-mail to the enquiry link. Yesterday I received an e-mail from Jan, who asked me to send my receipts as an e-mail attachment by return mail. I did that last night, but this morning I received a delivery failure notice that your site would not accept a response. I have faxed the receipts, and don't know what else to do. Thanks for your assistance.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  08:28:28 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lara V

I submitted one at least 3 weeks ago and never received any confirmation from them although when I signed up it showed that there are quite a few shopping opportunities in my area.
Hi Larisa,

I have emailed you your details, however they have bounced back to me as gapbuster.com is not an allowed domain on your account.
Please allow us then re-email me please!
This is the reason you did not receive our welcoming email in the first place.

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  08:32:56 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JanB27

Michael, While I realize that the purpose of this forum is not communicating with you, this does seem to be the easiest way to receive a rapid response.
Hi JanB27,

Please email your full details including assignment number and shopper code and I will deal with it.
You are correct in saying the forum is not the correct place for this, but you can always email me.
You CAN then post back on the forum how helpful I have been!!

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  6:50:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gotta give a Kudos to GAPbuster!!

I had recently scheduled my first shop with them (FINALLY there was a client in MY town!!!) and then on the day before the shop we got some bad news in our family... Well things were sorta nuts and then I realized I had to reschedule this shop.. I couldn't do it on the website because it was the same day so I sent an email (this was on Saturday) through the website... Yesterday morning I received a very nice email from them saying they had rescheduled the shop and if the date they gave me wouldn't work, just email them back with a date that would!!!

I think this is superior given that I am an unknown quantity to them. I completed the shop today and reported and uploaded the receipt without a problem!

Thanks for being so nice in my time of stress GAPbuster!!!!

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  7:48:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Elizabeth34,
I think that's wonderful!! Isn't it refreshing to hear and read about a MS Company that works with its shoppers?? And having Michael_GAP hang around and help us out is another added blessing! Good for you, Elizabeth34, I'm glad everything worked out!

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

Pat S
Valued Contributor

San Ramon, CA
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  8:21:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with most people here that response is usually slow to non existent when it comes to sending a question through the website. The part that bugs me the most is with their newest client. You have to spend more than a certain amount of money. However, they only reimburse that certain amount of money. Thus you are always spending your own money. Well I didn't see that part till I took the test 3 times and was locked out of the client. I thought great, now that I am locked out of that 1 client I have no shops within any even unreasonable distance of my location. So the only thing I could do was abandon ship since it wasn't worth getting all their emails about jobs I couldn't do. (Yes I did get invitation to complete jobs even though the jobs are off limits to me. Sounds dumb I agree.)
The way I see it, it is their loss. There are a bunch of other companies that are a lot more understanding and willing to accomidating.
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  07:59:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought I would post here because I see there is a rep. from GAP that regularly reads this post. I would like to say that I have just begun shopping for you. I have done four shops so far. I really hope that the website gets revamped soon. Unless I am just not going to the right page...it is very difficult to see a page where you view your completed and received jobs. I do see a list of my assignements but this includes any open jobs, any rejected jobs, etc. Also - what is the pay schedule?

L.K. Eells
Shopping the Greater Northwest
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  2:28:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, Michael, you joked that I could come back and tell how helpful you were. I'd like to give you props, but instead this is the message I received when I tried to e-mail you the information through your Volition e-mail:

Unknown user: michael.olivo@gapbuster.com

RCPT TO generated following response:
550 Rule imposed mailbox access for michael.olivo@gapbuster.com refused

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Toni-Girl
Valued Contributor

Ohio
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  7:03:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael_GAP
We only accept one application / household and you cannot have shopped for us before either.
Michael,
Can I ask why you have these rules?

1) It's confusing as to why you wouldn't let more than one person per household shop for you if they're both capable adults and have their own email address for contact. Both my husband and I do MSing for mutiple companies although I no longer shop for GB b/c of a "push-button error". (Some one pushed the wrong button and accidentally deleted my account.) Yours is the first company I've encountered this kind of rule.

2) My account was deleted last summer. When I contacted someone there about it, I was told that my original account had been accidentally deleted and couldn't be reinstated but I was to apply again then contact the person sending me the explanation email and he would get me set up with another account. I did all of that and never got a response.

After getting no reply, I haven't attempted to reapply or contact anyone but you're saying that if I decided to apply, I would automatically be rejected due to the fact that I've been in your system before?

I could understand not taking back a bad shopper or one that flaked on you but I just can't understand not allowing ANYONE to return that's left for various reasons.

Shopping extreme NW Ohio
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.49 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums