Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Dave123

MS
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  09:15:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Is it normal for this company's jobs to be offered by telephone? The caller seemed upset that I couldn't accept without looking at details on the site, and the caller ID also didn't show up on the phone which makes me wary.
Dave
Go to Top of Page

AnnaZ
Valued Contributor

Burlington, MA
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  10:07:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
-"Yours is the first company I've encountered this kind of rule"

Actually there are quite a few that have this restriction, especially those that specialize in restaurants, in order that shoppers do not go around the XX days rotation restriction.

-About getting phone calls, I had a voice message from the Gapbuster a couple of days ago inviting me to take a couple of bonused shops, so there is nothing unusual about it.
Go to Top of Page

Keifling
Valued Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
159 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  10:14:24 AM  Visit Keifling's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Add these email addresses to your personal address book now to ensure that you receive our acceptance email:

usa@gapbuster.com
shopper.enquiries@gapbuster.com
shopper.dispatch@gapbuster.com

These emails are used for delivery purposes only. Please do not send emails to these addresses as you will not receive a response. If you have any questions or queries please use the Contact Us button.

From their website, after signing up, the above message displayed. Excuse me, but I'm not going to add any addresses to my address book that I can't send inquiries to, because four months from now I won't remember that I'm not supposed to. And what the heck do you need three different non-working addresses for anyway?

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

VickiC
Star Contributor

Placentia, CA
USA
455 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  10:57:20 AM  Send VickiC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You only need to do that if you have your spam blocker set up to only receive mail from addresses in your book. As a mystery shopper who frequently receives mail from unknown, to me, people with job opportunites, I've dfound it's not a good idea to have my spam blocker configured that way.

Shopping North Orange County, Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  7:56:47 PM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

JanB27, not sure whats happening there. Are you trying to use the email through the forum feature or emailing me directly? Try the 'other' one to what your using.

Toni-Girl, I understand there are exceptions to the rule however this is a client negotiated condition and we are unable to change it. You are welcome to email your details and I will get your account re-activated. The one entry / household is a recent change to our systems (roughly June '05)

DAve123, correct caller ID will come up with nothing when we call. In this case the caller is simply asking you to visit a website which you are already familiar with (they are not asking you to type in some obscure address into your browser) so there is no need for concern on this.

Keifling - you will find many companies have auto generated emails that originate from unmonitored mailboxes. It is ultimately up to you whether you want to receive our emails and add these mailboxes to your safe lists. Remember you should be sending all enquires via our website so there should be no confusion in accidentally sending an email to one of these addresses. Further to VickiC's post at least our emails will always come from a set of pre-defined mailboxes!

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Email: Michael.Olivo@gapbuster.com
PLEASE ensure I am not your first port of call..
Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

AmyPA

Cuddy, PA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  05:40:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michael-
I am having an issue of my own and have sent several emails with no reply. I went to complete a shop with your new client but when I got to the location it was permanently closed. I did as the guidelines stated...did not complete the audit and and sent an enquiry to the company about it. I have not heard a thing back and they have now put the job in rejected/cancelled status. Also, I see they have re-posted the job with a large bonus and have it posted for March also. I made the effort and went to the location. I would like to received some kind of pay for my time and also for notifying the company of the closure. I am frustrated to see it re-posted knowing another shopper will also go and waste their time. I don't feel I should be penalized for a location being closed and should received some type of payment.

January was my first month working for your company and I would like to continue working for you but without this being resolved I am holing off on requesting more shops.

I apologize for bringing this up on the forum but I have not been able to get in contact with anyone else. I want clear this up so I can continue working for your company. Except for this issue I have been pleased helping out with the new client.

Thanks!

Amy
Go to Top of Page

SalaPace24

Silver Spring, MD
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  5:38:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have 5 assignments to do for them in my area which is Silver spring MD. I did get contacted Friday from one of them asking me if I could do the assigment sooner. I gave them all my information to and I have assigments. So I guess I will see how things go.
sala

sala pace
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  6:42:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sala

If you have a moment to spare, I would be inclined to take out the name of the client for this company. It is not a good idea to associate the company and client together at any time here.

Go to Top of Page

NinaS
Contributor

Vernon, BC
Canada
84 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  8:07:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is really strange that we are using this forum to keep in touch with Gapbuster. I haven't seen this happen to often. Is the field contact link not working at Gapbuster or ?
It seems like the topic is in a continual circle with no solutions.
I like to hear from shoppers. Just my
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  8:53:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nina,
It is just that Michael seems to address our questions faster than the enquiry link at GB. That is why. We are all very happy GB finally has a liasion.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Terry P
Trainee

CA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  8:56:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've also had problems getting replies to my "enquiry" emails. They are not in the SPAM folder so I don't know what the problem is. The first email I ever sent got a reply but none after that.

Terry
Go to Top of Page

AmyPA

Cuddy, PA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  05:43:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I honestly did not want to bring it up on here for that same reason. But after not getting it resolved, seeing the job is being re-posted for someone else to waste their time AND I want to get paid something for my time, I feel this is my only way of getting this resolved. I have tried contacting the company 4 times now and no one has replied. I just want to resolve this.

I have two more of these shops tomorrow and would like to pick up more but I will not do that till this is resolved. I feel I have given them plenty of time to reply to me...it has been 2 weeks and nothing.

Amy
Go to Top of Page

BetteNan
Valued Contributor

Newtown, PA
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  05:53:00 AM  Visit BetteNan's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too got a phone call (anon caller) who asked for me to take a shop the next day (with a small bonus). Since the caller had a really unfamiliar accent, I asked him where he was calling from...he said that he was calling from Melbourne Australia . BTW it wasn't an Austrailian accent for sure, but cool to get a "shopping" call from soooo far away.
Also...I had a shop scheduled for tomorrow and got an email that they had rescheduled it for a day that I could not perform the shop ($1 bonus . The email said I could unschedule the shop from the website (couldn't do it). I sent three emails before they took it off my list...days after the due date.

Bette Nan
MSPA Gold M1anhz... shopping Beautiful Bucks County, PA and Center City Philly
Go to Top of Page

Cythia_D
Trainee

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  07:10:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to say, that after a few months of trying this out with this company, I am VERY VERY impressed.

What company doesn't have a few bumps at first? The small problems have been resolved. I can't call them directly, or email them directly, but when I log into the website, and submit an enquiry, I do get a response fairly quickly. Payment has been correct and on-time, with no hassels.

One question about asking for assignments:
If we see a job on their site, is it okay to submit an enquiry saying "I can take that job, if you add a $XX bonus for travel"... or "I can take that job if you change the date to XX/YY/ZZ" .... or "I can take that job if the time frame can be changed to lunch"....

I'd like to know if GAPbuster discourages these types of questions. I'm hesitant to ask for a travel bonus, and i don't want to be an annoying shopper to them. They have treated me with such respect and courtesy, that I only want to do the same back to them.

So, are those kinds of questions okay to submit through the online enquiry?
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  3:09:19 PM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi AmyPA,

Sorry to hear about your problems with us.

You mention you send several emails to us - did you try also using our online Enquiry service to lodge your difficulty? You can always send an email through to me if your stuck but if I'm really busy it may 'slip through the cracks'- although I don't think Im yet to help someone who has emailed me so far.. however in any case your best bet is to send an enquiry through the website.

Hi NinaS, the forum is a useful tool for shoppers to vent and also advise us of problems as a 'collective' that may not be as visible through individual emails.

If anyone has sent an enquiry and selected the 'payment' drop down box please be patient - we have a back log of email there and are working as fast as we can to clear the mailbox.

Arla, good to hear your happy with your 'other' method of communication, at the same time however we are trying to find out what is holding up communications through our website. So far all we can say is to ensure your ISP/Email provider is not blocking us as we get a lot of bouncebacks! Check out a posting soon on our noticeboard about this too!

BetteNan, we are trying to reschedule some of our electrical shop assignments forward where other shoppers have let us down at the last minute. Sorry that you were caught up in this also!

Cythia_D, you are always quite welcome to ask for a bonus or a change to a date. Generally speaking we can't change timeframes but we can at least look to accommodate you with your requests. Getting an assignment done with a small premium with a good, reliable shopper is always better than getting one picked up and the later unassigned by an unreliable shopper!! Try your luck!

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Email: Michael.Olivo@gapbuster.com
PLEASE ensure I am not your first port of call..
Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  8:10:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michael,
It is not that you are my 'other' way of communicating, which you are, but that you actually respond. I have sent enquiries to GB and got a response 2 weeks later, that needed to be addressed in 2 days. So, I thank you you for being here! Maybe things will change now that we actually have a vested person on the site.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

.LisaM902
Inactive

Middlebury, CT
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  1:58:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am hoping that someone can help me out with a problem that I am having with a shop that I did for them today. I went to the location and it was temporarily closed due to renovations to the exterior of the building. I have sent an email through the Web Enquiry on the site, but I am not sure that I am going to receive a response.

Earlier this month I sent an enquiry to them for a shop that I needed to reschedule (My entire family was sick with the stomach flu and I just couldn't do it). I realized the day after it was due that I had missed it so I asked if there was a way to reschedule it. Needless to say I never heard anything back from anyone and found the shop cancelled/rejected on my page with nothing further said. I have the email in my address book and have never had a problem receiving messages from the company, so I have to assume that one was never sent.

Now I don't know what to do with this shop. There is nowhere that you can mark that the place was closed. I am trying to input it, put the way the form is set up it is very hard to put no answers to everything and explain it properly. I have looked for a phone number to call and I only found 1 number for the US and it states that Mystery shoppers cannot call this number.

Any advice that anyone may have would be greatly appreciated. I have until 7pm tonight for the 8-hour submission deadline. I really wish that there were a better way to get a hold of the company when things like this come up....

Thanks to everyone in advance for help....

Lisa Markelon
MSPA GOLD CERTIFIED
Go to Top of Page

Michael Rick
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  2:32:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Lisa,
I am having the same problem as you are. I did a shop for them today where the location has gone out of business. I need to know how to submit the shop and ensure that I get paid for physically going to the location.Also, how do you show that you went since they want a receipt for payment?Hopefully Michael comes on and answers these questions for us as it seems that it the only way we can find out what to do.
Go to Top of Page

MarshaDavis

Ohio
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  3:51:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gapbuster is an efficient people friendly company. They are flexible in scheduling and the is good especially when you pick up a bonus. I like the new report format, it's shorter and easier to complete than the old one. Everyone that I have spoken with or exchanged emails with has been professional and helpful.
I love to shop and love to eat what a great combo.

Marsha
Silver Certified
Shopping & Auditing Central and Southwest Ohio
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  8:20:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lisa,
Just make sure you go to their enquiry page and leave a message. It will be noted and on record that you notified them. Good luck! You may even receive a phone call or email as they are good for that.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums