Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  05:12:50 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Lisa/Michael Rick,

We are pretty strict on unassigning an assignment. We say we give you 8 hours to express, but it won't usually be until the next day that we actually unassign the assignment from you- just donít test out this theory too often!!

As long as you have emailed us by then you will be safe as far as getting paid is concerned.
You can always try to reschedule the assignment yourself from the My Assignment page (and click on 'reschedule').. if a date is listed there is suitable for you then reschedule it - we will still pay you for your attempt at shopping the assignment and you get paid to shop it again!

If the site is permanently closed or no longer at the address listed just email us, no point in returning to the site!

Please do not express an assignment when the site was closed!!! It will waste your time, simply log an enquiry through the website advising of the assignment number, time you visited the site and why it was closed i.e. power outage, burglary (hopefully not too many of these!), site moved (please advise of a new location if listed), renovations, out of stock, etc

Like Iíve mentioned before if it seems your emails are not getting through you are welcome to try me outÖ you do have a backup here if all else fails!

Also we do verify that the site you visited was in fact closed on the day/time given that you wonít be able to provide us with a receipt! If you have a digital camera handy you are welcome to take a photo, but this will need to be emailed in to us as the website does not allow file uploads (or you can send this straight through to me but try and still log something through the website if possible!)

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Email: Michael.Olivo@gapbuster.com
PLEASE ensure I am not your first port of call..
Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

SalaPace24

Silver Spring, MD
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  08:20:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have completed my first 2 shops for them yesterday. I have more assigned for them. I Have not been paid from them yet. So I guess I will see.

Sala Pace

sala pace
Go to Top of Page

.LisaM902
Inactive

Middlebury, CT
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  08:49:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A note for Michael (From GAP). I am posting this note to you here as I need help. I appreciate your reply to my last message and need further help, as I am unable to obtain it by messaging through the enquiry feature on the site. As I posted previously I went to complete an assignment and found the store temporarily closed. I immediately sent an enquiry to let the company know what had occurred. The following day the only response I received was a reminder that my shop was not submitted and needed to either be inputted or rescheduled. I followed this up with 2 more URGENT messages through the enquiry. I have still not received a response after pleading for one. Now I find that the shop has been rejected/cancelled on my page with no response. I am getting very concerned that my shopper status is going to be affected by this and am getting a little disheartened that I have yet to receive a reply from a representative from the company. I have had no problems receiving emails from your company to date. I wish that there were some way of being able to contact the company in situations such as these.
Any help that you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

Lisa

Lisa Markelon
MSPA GOLD CERTIFIED
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  08:53:47 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
LisaM902,

Please email me with the full details including assignment numbers, shop dates and your shopper code please. Much better idea than posting all this on the forum!
If you have a Earthlink or Mindspring account you will need to find an alternative email address as this server does not like us very much.

Please do so asap as I need to go to bed!

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

.LisaM902
Inactive

Middlebury, CT
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  12:19:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michael ~ again thanks for your response. I would have emailed this problem to you, but unfortunately I do not have your email address and have not been able to find it. Is there somewhere that it is listed?

I would not have posted the issue had I known of your email address. I am just at a point that I am a bit concerned and have exhausted all options that I could find. I only posted here as I know that you check the posts. It was the only way that I knew to contact you. Please do not take offense to me doing so. By no means am I trying to make the company look bad to others. That is not my intention.

I do not want to post my primary email address on the forum, so here is a secondary that I check often. If you can email me so I know how to contact you I would appreciate it.

Please know that I sincerely appreciate the help that you are giving me.

Thank you,
Lisa

Lisa Markelon
MSPA GOLD CERTIFIED
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  12:16:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael_GAP
Like Iíve mentioned before if it seems your emails are not getting through you are welcome to try me outÖ you do have a backup here if all else fails!

Please email me with the full details including assignment numbers, shop dates and your shopper code please. Much better idea than posting all this on the forum!

Well it would be NICE then if you put YOUR email here (how else are we to try you out or email you?)

As the shopper above says, she didn't get a response. I believe her last resort was to post here and HOPE that you would see it. I have had trouble getting any response from GAP in the past and when I did get a phone call from them, they called me by the wrong name! Although GAP has some OKAY pay, these communication concerns keep me from shopping in the future for you guys. I know I wouldn't want to call, as it'd be long distance, but there should be quicker and more reliable online response(even with the time difference).

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  04:39:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All you have to do is click on Michael's name which takes you to his user profile and you have access to emailing him just like any other member on V....that has it available.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  06:31:24 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi ChrisT,

Not crazy about the idea of posting my email address on here not for any other reason... but I will end up getting my email address harvested by a bot and will start getting (more) spam. Might possibly consider it in the future..

Like LindJorg said you just need to click on the Email Poster icon to the right of my name and you will get a prompt to send an email to me.

As I have mentioned before users of Mindspring and Earthlink will get an immediate bounceback from your server because they don't like us very much and consider us spammers - you will need to lobby you ISP about this!

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  07:18:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did click on the e-mail link to Michael's name and it came back to me. I don't have either of the companies he mentioned. I think a point that Chris T was trying to make was that with other companies you contact them at their site and they respond. It has been my experience that it is difficult to get a timely response from Gapbuster by using the method they themselves suggest.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

AmyPA

Cuddy, PA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  08:52:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem when clicking here to send an e-mail. I had to copy and paste his e-mail address that came up on the e-mail saying it was undeliverable. I then just went thru my regular e-mail account to send a message. I got a reply quickly that way.

Amy
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  04:59:08 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

That shouldn't be the case... unless other ISP's have also blocked us? (possible)
Mindspring and Earhtlink are confirmed, but there may be other ISP's around with the same problem...

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Go to Top of Page

Joyce A H1
Valued Contributor

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  4:18:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a problem that I have not been getting an answer to after sending several emails. The orientation video for your new client in the US and will not run even after downloading the new version several times, thus I cannot go on to the test to pass and be certified to take these shops. Now it says that a new orientation will follow for your other US client which I will not be able to pass because of the video not working. So now after all this time and taking on the max number allowed each moth I feel I will no longer be able to do shops for you.

Joyce

Joyce
MSPA Gold Certified
Video Shopping OR/WA since 2004
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  9:19:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have completed four shops for Gapbuster. I thought they were simple to complete and am currently awaiting payment.

My comment is this...is it just me or does anyone else find their website completely crazy? To select assignments you wade through several pages of text, misc. notices, etc. That should come after you are interested in an assignment, or maybe after one is in your area.

Although I enjoyed the shops I did, I find myself not wanting to go to their website to select new shops, because their site is so crazy! I like those sites that are streamlined and efficient.

L.K. Eells
Shopping the Greater Northwest
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  07:35:40 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Joyce,

I believe you already emailed me about this issue and it should be resolved now?
To any other shopper with problems getting through certification please email me for some steps that will let you get around any issues you may be experiencing!

EellsInoc, yes the website is a little slow to progress through. The noticeboards are a necessary evil (to make sure shoppers see important information before they pick up an assignment). We are working on a new version which will mean that the whole process will become much less painful. It should be released in the coming months.

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  10:19:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah - I will look forward to that. I did enjoy the shops and I felt the pay was fair. It is always nice to see companies continually working to improve their website.

L.K. Eells
Shopping the Greater Northwest
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

BetteNan
Valued Contributor

Newtown, PA
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  07:52:21 AM  Visit BetteNan's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am about to give up on Gapbuster. When I selected the assignments everything went smoothly. For the second time a recieved a phone call from Gapbuster asking me to take two assignments that are not in the areas I shop. One was for the next day (yesterday) and I told the person who called that I could not even consider Tue and they said how about Wed ? We agreeded on Wed and there was a large enough bonus attached to both shops to make it worth my while to drive there. The next morning (Tue) I accessed my shops on their wesite and discovered that the person had entered the shop for Tuesday and neither shop had a bonus. I've sent two enquiries to them and still no answer. I even got a "your shop is late" reminder this morning.
I pride myself on being a reliable shopper but I refuse to take a loss. I know they consider the $3 reimbursement for these shops to be part of the fee, but there is little to buy for less (or close to) the $3 so I consider it a trow-away.

Bette Nan
MSPA Gold M1anhz... shopping Beautiful Bucks County, PA and Center City Philly
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  07:58:43 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi BetteNan,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with us.. FYI there are 2 types of 'bonuses' and due to a quirk in our website they appear in 2 different locations....

If you 'webselect' an assignment, that is you self serve it and it has a premium it will appear under my assignments with the assignment.

However if you are offered a bonus over the phone the only place it will appear is on your paperwork. Check it and let me know if there's still a problem.

Re the date problem, as you may know we work from 'down under' and as a result the timezone differences can occasionally confused operators. If you want to email me your details I can get these dates swapped over.

Also remember the reminder emails (both for a pending assignment and an over due assignments) is totally automated so don't take it personally if you get such an email and it is inaccurate and PLEASE do not reply to this email as your response will not be attended to, instead please log it through our website.

EellsInoc, thanks for the positive feedback.

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Go to Top of Page

BetteNan
Valued Contributor

Newtown, PA
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  09:02:00 AM  Visit BetteNan's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Michael - The bonus is on my paperwork. I realize that it's tomorrow (middle of the night) "down under" I emailed you the details of the shop I needed to have rescheduled. My issue is really the last of resonse to enquiries made to the site. Again many thanks
Bette

Bette Nan
MSPA Gold M1anhz... shopping Beautiful Bucks County, PA and Center City Philly
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  8:31:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay, I have to sing Michael Olivo's praises.

I had several GapBuster shops scheduled when we had an ice storm. (For those of you in the North who actually get real snow and those of you in warm, sunny places that don't get snow at all...it's sleet that freezes into a thick layer of ice on everything, especially roads and overpasses, making it impossible to drive.) Beacuse of this, I needed to reschedule two shops. After submitting an enquiry, waiting and getting really nervous, I went ahead and shopped them the following day...hoping that they would be accepted. Then, things continued to go south as I entered the first shop under the wrong shop number. I sent another enquiry and waited. I then remembered seeing Michael's posts on Volition and decided to e-mail him. He immediately responded and after several attemps and many e-mails, was able to get everything straightened out. He saved the day (and the shops!)

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Middle TN & Beyond
Someday my Spa Shop will come!
Go to Top of Page

Anna-L
Valued Contributor

TN
USA
223 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  10:57:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first shop for them on Monday (2/20) and send an e-mail after I completed the shop. There is a point I wanted some clarification on. After seeing Michael's posts here I also sent an e-mail directly to him the next day asking him the same question. It is now the 24th and I have had no response at all.

Anna
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums