Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  11:05:29 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Anna,

I did get your email, however you are on Earthlink and there is no point in me replying as the email will bounce. I asked for someone to give you a call but it may not have been done, or you could have been out.
Don't go anywhere as I have requested that an operator call you shortly.

Apologies for what looked like no response!

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Email: Michael.Olivo@gapbuster.com
PLEASE ensure I am not your first port of call..
Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

Anna-L
Valued Contributor

TN
USA
223 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  2:23:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hum, no call yet Michael!! At this point in the day (5:24 pm) it would be best for someone to call me Monday (2/27). Thanks!

Anna
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  07:15:46 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Anna-L,

I have had a few operators try and call you yesterday and the phone rang out.

I have just tried to send you an email please check to see if you have received it yet. I believe there is no further outstanding issues with this. You will be paid as explained in the email.

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Email: Michael.Olivo@gapbuster.com
PLEASE ensure I am not your first port of call..
Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

.Kenthe Sub
Inactive

WI
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  09:00:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did my 1st shop for GAPBuster and the shop itself went well.

I do find their website to be a bit hard to navigate.

For me the most annoying thing about their site is that one cannot see any details for a client (they show 2 active clients here in Wisconsin) before wading thru the materials and taking the test. The particular client is a fast food client that obviously has breakfast, lunch and dinner shops and it would be nice to know which are available for the communities I would drive to to do shops; one being a community I work in.

I had scheduled my 1st shop thru Kern and the Kern confirmation e-mail did not show that the shop had to be done on a specific date and I did not see this when I registered for GAPBuster. I did the shop within the date range per Kern's e-mail but when I went to enter it I could not because of the date being wrong. I sent 2 e-mails to the Kern scheduler and only got some small document on changing the date but the GAPBuster site would not allow a date change so the shop ended up being cancelled. I got a call from a GAPBuster scheduler asking me to do it and I did.

I do feel they need to make the website easier to navigate and not show all those messages each time we try to find assignments, etc. It is way too cumbersome and I like to see more detail before spending time to take a test for a client. That particular client had a pretty rigorous test with the former shopper co. so one needs to devote some time to it.

Ken - Wisconsin
Go to Top of Page

NinaS
Contributor

Vernon, BC
Canada
84 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  09:25:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with the cumbersome site but I would also like to see the field support improved so that we don't need to be checking here. Most companies are far superior with thier support of field workers which makes it soo much nicer to work with.
Go to Top of Page

TanjaT

Warren, OH
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  09:54:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working for GapBuster for over 3 months now and I have NEVER had a problem with them (knock on wood). Payment has always been correct and on time. I had to contact them a number of times because of a couple of issues and I always received a response (only one time was the response a couple of days later, which they apologized for). I have been very pleased with this company. I only wish they could pick up more clients in my area (there is only 2 at the time being).

Tanja
Desperately seeking merchandising work in the Warren/Niles, OH area or the Youngstown, OH area. Audits too- I love 'em.
Go to Top of Page

Anna-L
Valued Contributor

TN
USA
223 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  10:04:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michael, thanks for getting back to me...everything is cool, thanks!

Anna
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  11:15:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tan,

No one is saying Gap doesn't pay, it's the RESPONSE time that is untolerable. It's funny you said you haven't had a problem, but then contradict yourself by saying you DID have to wait a couple days for a response; THAT'S the PROBLEM They should be responding within the same day if it's a weekday(unless it's a friday which would actually be a saturday there, but they should have at least one staff person on weekends anyways to handle emergencies). I work for other MSC's that get back to you within the HOUR or couple of hours, not several days later.

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

.Kenthe Sub
Inactive

WI
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  06:00:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did go ahead and take the test for the fast food client but I still do not like the way in which you cannot see the details on the time of day the shop must be done until after you take the test. As it turns out all of the locations within the area I normally shop are for the times of day I cannot do!

I noticed the posts about delays in responses; the other night I got a call from one of the GAPBuster employees asking me to pick up a shop that I could do and I did it. They do confirm the shop quickly and I did send an e-mail about one shop so I'll have some idea of the response time when I do get a reply.

This company seems to be very International; I'd like to identify a few shopper co.'s that have shops in, say, Mexico or elsewhere should we do some traveling.

My main concern is the confusing website but I was able to navigate and find things with a bit of effort. I've seen far more confusing websites.

Ken-WI
Go to Top of Page

FancyFran
Valued Contributor

South San Francisco, CA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  09:15:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have the same problem as Kenthe. I was assigned through Kern, but they do not give you the day or time specifically. I can't get my paperwork from the GapBuster web site, as its not under "My Assignments". Now I don't know if I should perform the shop today (I can't do it any other day). I've not heard from anyone from Kern or Gapbuster, and I can't afford the gas costs if the shop gets cancelled! I would just like to know the "window" shop date and time. If you can't get that easily, oh boy, it's worrisome!
Go to Top of Page

Jonny
Valued Contributor

Southwest, NM
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  12:23:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not done a shop for a long long time, and
so, when Kern sent me emails about shops in my
rural, rarely available area, I went to the
GAP site and applied. Woo-Hoo! there are some
shops!...and I can get the nice bonus pay!
OK! So, I have gone through the process, and
accepted and been assigned a SHOP! Looks easy!

But WHY, oh WHY in the heck do I have to
give my Bank information?? It is just a little too
suspicious...I think that it would be very easy
for this outfit to sign up with PayPal...
Everybody Does!, or else, just cut me a check!!
It is very Off-Putting to Do Bizness this way.
So, I'm REPORTING for the Good of All of us,
including a Shopper Report for GAPbuster...
A negative, and a Positive (Are you there Michael?):
The "ShopperForm" which one downloads,previous to
doing the shop, comes in a weird-ass format which
is an attempted two-column style that overstrikes
a lot of the text, and I can't clear it up...
and then, attempting to print the thing, only
completes the first page!! So I tried to
"remove all styles" on my browser and paste the thing into Word.
OK, OK, I know that the vital info is given in the
client orientation sheet....
Upon e-mailing for assistance with this,
after having accepted this shop, I received
a surprising quick call from Australia from the sleepy
sounding, but nice, woman...Michael,
I say Michael!...you-all really need to Train
your people to ENUNCIATE!! for American ears!!
Really! No joke, No exaggeration, please take it as
a useful critique!! She said she wasn't very technical,
which is OK...couldn't help with the downloaded problem.
Michael...?...why the weird-ass document format?
Shape it up, Mate!! everybody uses Adobe Acrobat or
just plain old HTML in a standard page-size format!!
It would save a lot of wasted time and hassle!
........So, as I am in a quandary about whether
to Go Forward with doing shops for GAP, I have
looked here, to Good Old Volition.com to see what folks are
saying about GAPbuster...
I read the last three pages of these Seventeen pages
on this Forum thread, and have confirmed suspicions
about communications problems,
although, Michael, to the Good is the fact that your
nice lady DID respond Quickly by Phone to my first
e-mail, and then, later, by e-mail,
to my Second e-mail,which was a question
about confusion between Bonus-Promised-Pay versus the
standard pay, listed on the ShopperForm...
So, the likely final decision-maker for Me is
that I don't want to Give out my Bank Routing
to an overseas company.
I hope you understand, and will make changes
to this payment policy in the future, as
this is an unnecessary, dangerous practice,
and really quite easy to change to a
better, more confidence-inspiring system.
Thank You everybody who contributed to this thread,
and to You, Michael from Dayown-Undah.

Thanks Be to God
He Reviveth the Thirsty Land...
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  03:08:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonny,
You have never had to provide bank information to a MS company?? Interesting... I have provided mine to several.. Perfectly normal way to get paid... I love when a company does Direct Deposit... And I am sorry if I am taking this wrong.. But overall I found the tone of your post kind of insulting... I would guess that if GAPBuster wanted your guidance on how they should run their company they would hire you... LOL

Also, I am able to view and print their forms without problem... Not sure what that issue might be...

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  03:23:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gapbuster was the first company for which I shopped, and I was a little hesitant about giving out bank information. I just opened an account only for mystery shopping that was not linked to my other bank accounts. Gapbuster is absolutely reliable about paying on time and, as Elizabeth34 said, it is a convenient and safe way to be paid.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  04:46:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonny,
GAPBuster, while difficult to navigate, IS one of the more reliable and honest companies out there, so don't hesitate to give your banking information to them.
As to the weird format, I also had that problem when I was using my Mozilla Firefox browser. As soon as I opened it up in my Internet Explorer browser, voila, everything looked and printed out perfectly normal!! I don't know what browser you were using, but, like me, if it was anything other than Internet Explorer, that may have accounted for it. Maybe that will help.

And Jonny, please remember, no one person or no one company is perfect. From the tone of your post, I gather you were quite frustrated, something that we all go through. Be a little more patient with them. Michael_GAP DOES try to help everyone here, and you CAN email him privately if you click on his "email poster" icon.

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

Camille Brown
Valued Contributor

Springfield, MO
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  04:49:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On another Gapbuster thread I mentioned that I could only print page 1 of the instructions. Within 2 hours Michael asked me to email him directly with my assignment number and shopper code. I emailed that since my post I had discovered that I was using FoxFire (Mozilla) rather than IE and that the instructions printed all pages in IE. Michael verified that printing instructions was the only problem on the site that came up when using FoxFire. I appreciated the quick response and simple solution to this problem. I'm to do my first assignment tomorrow. The bonus shows up on the assignment page and I'll follow up to make sure it is in the payment.

Camille Brown
Go to Top of Page

CMilton
Star Contributor

North Haledon, NJ
USA
379 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  05:32:41 AM  Visit CMilton's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't find it crazy, but it is a little long winded. One thing I did notice is that I couldn't find any contact numbers or fax numbers anywhere. When I printed out the receipt, the number was on that, but I think it would be helpful to have it elsewhere.

I just did my first of 8 shops for them; the rep who called me to ask if I'd do them was delightful. The shops are quick and the rotation seems reasonable. I wish them luck, since it seems that they are fairly new in the US?

C

celia milton
Gold Certified 2004, nzcy0k
Go to Top of Page

JSalata
Contributor

Wakeman, Ohio
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  06:05:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth34

Jonny,
You have never had to provide bank information to a MS company?? Interesting... I have provided mine to several.. Perfectly normal way to get paid... I love when a company does Direct Deposit... And I am sorry if I am taking this wrong.. But overall I found the tone of your post kind of insulting... I would guess that if GAPBuster wanted your guidance on how they should run their company they would hire you... LOL

Also, I am able to view and print their forms without problem... Not sure what that issue might be...

My sentiments exactly, Elizabeth.

As for my own , I have been working for GAPbuster for almost one year. They have ALWAYS paid exactly what was promised, and they always pay on time - twice a month I might add. I love checking my bank balance and finding a nice deposit from them.

Now don't go taking this the wrong way folks (although I sure someone will ), but I'm getting weary of everyone complaining about the website. It's not THAT hard to navigate. After a few times at the site, I know what page I want and how to get there. It doesn't take a rocket scientist (no offense intended to those out there who really are rocket scientists) to figure it out. It just takes a little time. I think perhaps we've all been a little spoiled by all the companies that use Sassie or Prophet. All the Sassie sites work the same, as do the Prophet sites. Personally, I prefer the Sassie sites over the Prophet sites, but I'm certainly not going to tell the Prophet companies they need to change!

There are a lot of MS companies that don't use these systems, and each site is different from the other. At least with GAPbuster, I know who the client is, what the scenario is, and exactly how much I can expect to be paid - BEFORE I accept the shop. That's more than some companies can offer. I accepted a shop from another company the other day that turned out to be quite different from what was listed. But - I'll do it because I agreed to. I now know to be much more careful with that MS company in the future.

It's also great to be able to select a shop and know it's mine. I hate having to "apply" for a shop, wait two weeks , and then find out it's been given to someone else. Now THAT'S irritating.

Have a good day, all!

Janice
Shopping in North Central OH - now Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  07:37:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's my ...
GapBuster assignments are pretty easy, their forms are simple and you know what you're getting into up front. (Unlike some shops I've taken from other MS companies in the past, as others have said.) The only complaint I have is their response time. I think we can partially attribute that to the time difference. Depending upon where you live they may be a 12-16 hour difference. And I don't know how many "enquiries" they receive each day, but that could be an astronomical number. Michael_GAP solved my recent communication problem and shop issues quickly, so I know I have someone to go to when necessary. And I love direct deposit twice a month..keep the shops and the ABD payments coming, GapBuster!

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Middle TN & Beyond
Someday my Spa Shop will come!
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  7:33:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with everything ya'll had to say, except for Jonny who seems hostile. Gap is great to pay, not so good on responding, but, we always know what day we are working and what days we get paid.

I guess, Jonny, attacking Michael, really got my goat! I, as many others are, very thankful we have a liason. You have no idea how nice it is to have feedback from this company. Don't attack him, thank him for being there to answer our questions and help.

I love working for this company and as earlier stated, once you get use to the sight, it is very navigatable.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  10:23:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for 5 companies that do direct deposit to my bank account every month. I have no problem with this. Some MS companies DO pay via paypal while others still send a paper check. I prefer direct deposit. I have worked for GApbuster for over a year. My pay is always in there on time. SUre, sometimes their site is a bit tedious to navigate AND yes, they can take a long time to respond but overall I am pleased with them. (Other MS companies have site problems too.)
If you do not like the MS companies payment policy, then simply move on and work for the companies that pay ONLY via paypal and paper check. Just my

Linda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums