Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  12:37:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Elizabeth, I would really like to know which other company is doing ****, since they seem to be leaving Gap in my area. Please email me if nothing else.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  07:15:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Arla, ICA's and all... It is a very popular and talked about SLEF ASSIGN Non Sassie company... But I think there are several MS companies that do the FF company so you might have to do some investigating..

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

JSalata
Contributor

Wakeman, Ohio
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  9:03:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
To Michael_Gap - please contact me. I have an issue I do not want to discuss on a public forum, and when I tried to email you through the Volition site it was kicked back. Note: My ISP is Verizon, not Earthlink or Mindspring. Please email me ASAP.
Thanks.
Janice

Janice
Shopping in North Central OH - now Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

.Kenthe Sub
Inactive

WI
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  03:44:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am puzzled by GAPBuster's website. It seems like you have to always copy and paste the lengthy job # to get to the point where you can enter your shop and one would think all you would need to do is click on the job # from your list of assignments.

The routine to select jobs is also a pain. With all the FF shops it would be far easier to be able to display the cities with shops on a page, then allow us to select cities without looping back to the first screen.

I did take one FF shop when it appeared the timeframe was dinner but, now, it shows with the breakfast times! I sent an inquiry about this as I cannot do it in the breakfast timeframe (the time display does not show AM/PM but I recall the times from the previous Co.) and get to my own job in time! This not showing AM/PM is also confusing with a client with different times for breakfast, lunch, dinner.

Go to Top of Page

.Kenthe Sub
Inactive

WI
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  04:14:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've sent 2 enquiries to GAPBuster regarding the FF shop that seems to have changed time frames and I cannot do the breakfast timeframe and have not received any reply. Now this morning I get an automated e-mail saying that the shop is now tardy and will likely be dropped if I do not input it by today!

So it can be dropped because I cannot do it in that time frame and I cannot continue wasting time sending enquiries that go unanswered. I did some of these with the old shopper co. and never had a problem getting a very timely response. The old company also provided a date range within which the shop could be done; with GAPBuster you are forced to select an exact day so it seems like this is far more tedious to work with if you cannot do it on that date.

I think the shopper fee dropped a bit, too.

I notice someone from GAPBuster is posting on this thread, addressing some shopper issues; not sure if that is the efficient way for them to handle routine matters with us but, apparently, some are getting issues resolved this way.

Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  7:57:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Give it up! Looks to me like McD's has moved and Gap is no longer interested in answering our questions. Michael hasn't been around to answer so, I guess it is a good summation.

I just wish I could find the company that now has them as it was my reason for being with GAP!

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  9:54:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Arla....You need to remove the client name from your post.

Ken...
Go to http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8671&whichpage=18

towards the top....Michael Olivo from gapbuster.....just click on his name and then you can send him an email. He just emailed me back yesterday.......so give it a try IF you want to talk to someone from Gapbuster...

Linda
Go to Top of Page

JSalata
Contributor

Wakeman, Ohio
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  11:47:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michael_Gap - I still haven't heard from you. I tried again to email you using the link from this site. I received the following message (again)

Unknown user: michael.olivo@gapbuster.com

RCPT TO generated following response:
550 Rule imposed mailbox access for michael.olivo@gapbuster.com refused

I don't know exactly what this means, but I do know that I still can't email you directly. I do NOT have Earthlink or Mindspring, and I regularly receive emils from your company.

Janice
Shopping in North Central OH - now Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Cyn_Cal

San Francisco, CA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  4:22:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'll chime in here for the masses who want a more recent response.
First of all, I read all the pages of this post from beginning to end. I would like to comment that not all MS company websites are friendly to FF (which I love!) but that's why we have multiple browser setups usually. I just use IE when I am on GapBuster. I have to say that my two favorite places to shop, Gapbuster and one that does coffee shops, non-sassie, are the only two lately that I use IE for...but it is so worth it. I love gadgets as much as the next person! I digress. Here's my experience with GapBuster, month #2 of shopping with them!!!

They were one of my first mystery shops and I must admit I was rather hesitant to give bank information, etc. I didn't. I did my limit of 6 electronics shops for the month of February with them and got a nice email from the company saying I needed to update my bank information. I did. Three days later I got a whopping direct deposit from them. I would like to add that I would prefer paypal but direct deposit is equally acceptable. They just called me to schedule some more last minute shops. I love those. I usually try to find something in the $3 reimbursement range but I have found that most times I grab some little thing for the kids. They pay on time and exactly as they promise.

I love being the go-to for last minute shops. It makes me feel important. They offer all kinds of things to make it worth my while to shop for them! If you are not sure if you want to sign on with them, I RECOMMEND THEM HIGHLY!!! :)

just my ...thanks for reading!

Shopping San Francisco, Marin County and the Peninsula
Go to Top of Page

.Kenthe Sub
Inactive

WI
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  2:32:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm taking the electronics shops but am unsure on the FF's. I had stopped doing these under the prior shopper co. mainly because I cannot handle the salty fries, etc. I also find the new very limited time frames for the shops to be hard to work with.
Go to Top of Page

Cyn_Cal

San Francisco, CA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  3:34:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There's no FF shops in my area so it's really a moot point. But the shops are relatively simple in themselves. And who DOESN'T like to go look at electronic gadgets and such? I was there and found a surge protector for the laptop for 3 bucks and change! Glad I went! Whoever says they can not find something for $3 is not looking or not thinking long term... There's so much there that *I* alwyas seem to need! LOL!

Go to Top of Page

Traci18

IA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  07:08:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did half a dozen shops for them last month, and they paid me via direct deposit last week. What I cannot figure out is what they are paying me for. The payment doesn't total up with any of my figures. Does anyone know if there is someplace on their site where I can tell what they are paying me for? It just shows the shops that I have completed, but does not say "paid". There is obviously some discrepancy between what they say they owe and what I say they owe me to the tune of about 20.00. I emailed them a few days ago. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Happily Shopping Central Iowa

Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Cyn_Cal

San Francisco, CA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  08:13:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They pay $3 reimbursement and $8 for the shop usually. IF there is a bonus, etc it is on the paperwork. If it is a premium assignment, that shows on the website only. Hope that helps?

Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  8:40:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don't ya'll find it a bit suspicious that all of a sudden we had, Michael, and now he is never around? Then all the good shops are gone and moved. I guess for future notes, that is a hint when they are going away. I loved Gap, but I hate the way they did this. I found where they are at in one place but, not in my area. There used to be alot here, so I hope I can find whatever service they have hired to help them.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Cyn_Cal

San Francisco, CA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  8:49:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've got the electronics shop here and there's enough here to keep me fairly busy. I don't know that I would do the FF but then again, I do not have the option so...who knows...They ALWAYS seem to need people to cover the electronics in and or around me, and they are a full service company...they cover expenses and such too if necessary, so it IS worth my while to do these...Must say though, lately, I've been thinking I want to get a BIG TICKET item there...did 5 shops there in 2 days...and kept eye-ing a dvd recorder I saw in all the stores... I MUST BEHAVE!

Go to Top of Page

GrandmaJean
Apprentice

Blandon, PA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  2:51:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm new at Mystery Shopping. I started with GapBuster and so far have had no problems. I was paid on time by direct deposit to my bank account. I'm keeping a close eye on it after some of your comments in this thread, but so far everything's been fine. I'm just looking for a different store to shop. It gets monotonous shopping the same store chain 10 times. They only have 2 stores listed, and I have yet to find one available in my area for the second one.

Martha Jean
Go to Top of Page

Cyn_Cal

San Francisco, CA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  3:51:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard to Gapbuster! I agree 2 stores are monotonous but you know what? It's much easier than learning a whole new scenario for a new place!

Go to Top of Page

CLKeating
Apprentice

Monroe, Louisiana
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  9:26:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up with them but I did not give them my bank information. It also required my social security number. I did not give them that either. I did one shop for them and have one more scheduled. I believe will have to cancel and take the consequences since I will be out the money for the first shop. I have a real problem giving my bank info an soc. sec.# like that.

Carol
Go to Top of Page

JoyD
Contributor

North GA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  04:53:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've worked for Gapbuster twice with three sets of shops each. The first three were quickly paid with no problem. On the second set, I performed two of them with no problem, but due to the address on the third one could not perform it. It was too late to cancel it according to the system. I emailed them and got no response. Finally, I got messages about it being overdue and then a message about it being cancelled. I had sent several emails, but never got a response. When I checked my listings on their site they had canceled TWO of my shops, the one I didn't do AND one that I had completed correctly and submitted on time (at the same time I submitted another one that was accepted)! Ugh! Of course, they won't respond to any emails. It wasn't for much but it really ticks me off because of the TIME it cost me. I'm an idiot, but I took one more from shop from them because it had a good fee. I'm hoping to recoup some of the money they kept.
Go to Top of Page

Cyn_Cal

San Francisco, CA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  09:09:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CLKeating:

no need to cancel the shops. When they are ready to pay you they will send you an email to let you know they need your bank info. It's not necessary to give it to them well before you schedule any shops :) I didn't give them my info until AFTER I completed a bunch of shops and then they emailed me I needed to send them info so they could pay me!

JoyD:

They are slow to reply to contact them on the site page. I think someone here posted an actual email address though, but it's been a while so I am not sure.

Hope that helps you both!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums