Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

MaryLou
Inactive

East County / San Diego, CA
USA
915 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2004 :  5:47:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You'd better read those instructions again. To my knowledge, they have one account here. You should have a complete street name and no phone call is required.
Go to Top of Page

JuicyLucy

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2004 :  7:02:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I checked again, and there is no address or telephone number. I am required to call the store before hand to check the hours of operation, so the phone call is not part of the shop exactly. It would still be nice to have their number though!

Lucy
MSPA Silver certified
Shopping San Diego county
Go to Top of Page

MaryLou
Inactive

USA
915 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2004 :  8:33:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LOL. You might be right. I thought that you were planning on calling the UK or Australia! Do a search on Yahoo! Yellow Pages by city and then client to get the phone number to be sure that the store is still there. I only chose locations that were close to me.
Go to Top of Page

.Jen_in_Colorado
Inactive

Colorado
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2004 :  8:57:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
While living overseas one thing I found very weird was the fact that bank accounts are used like addresses. when you pay your electric bill you put the money directly into their bank account. I had my landlords account number to pay rent, etc.

Because they have foreign roots they may be more accustomed to their system of banking.

Jen
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Valued Contributor

Tualatin, OR
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  09:06:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There was another thread on GAPbuster started earlier this morning because they just posted a ton of new jobs here in the states. I have registered with them recently - no bank account number given and no fee paid to join. Where they asked for my bank account I typed in PayPal - we'll see if they're able to do that. This week they just posted many shops for two major clients here in the states. The instructions limit you from taking more than one job a day, and no more than a few jobs per client. They have WAY more shops - in my area - left this morning. My first one is today - - I'll let you know how it goes. Shauna - Mazie - you guys registered with them yet?
Go to Top of Page

MaryLou
Inactive

USA
915 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  09:09:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How exciting that they cut the fee almost 70% from the last company!
Hurray everyone! Let's run and support lower fees.
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Valued Contributor

Tualatin, OR
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  09:18:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MaryLou,
What do you mean "cut the fee almost 70%"? Although, I'm sure the answer might cross the line of our ICAs - sorry. The two jobs that I took were for gas shops, and the fee looked better than others that I've seen posted on this forum. Am I missing something? I honestly don't want to support any "gouging" of shoppers.
Go to Top of Page

MaryLou
Inactive

USA
915 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  09:35:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's the other shop; not the one that you took. I saw the one that you got on the board last night.
I am flaming mad, so please excuse my short post last time. I am just expecting a barrage of "I am going there anyway and need money for blah blah excuses."
Go to Top of Page

Mazie
Star Contributor

Forest Grove, OR
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  12:12:36 PM  Visit Mazie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up with GapBuster Mick. Thanks! I also haven't seen a gas shop before with such a high reimbursement. That will make it easier on me.

Gold Certified shopper, editor, editor trainer.
Shopping the Portland Metro area, willing to travel.
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Valued Contributor

Tualatin, OR
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  2:33:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's the feedback I promised - the shop was totally easy, and the report even easier. I wish I could sign up for more than one a day since there are a ton of stations pretty close to me. I even signed up for one more gas shop for tomorrow since they were so quick and easy.

However - - the address they listed for my shop today was incorrect. (Of course, I didn't figure that out until after I had driven clear across town!) I've emailed them, but I think they are overseas - so I hope I hear from them soon. Not being able to reach a scheduler when I needed is going to be a drawback for working for this company.

Mick
Go to Top of Page

Jeny30

St. Petersburg, FL
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  4:16:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mick,
My address was incorrect as well. Only by one digit, (the last one) But since the address listed clearly was not a gas station, it was pretty easy to determine the correct address. Fortunately, I did not have to drive around to locate it.

This is the second one I've done and second time there was no actual store just pumps, restrooms, and vending. Both were "mini" locations, was yours like that too?
I just recently move here to OR from Florida, I sure do like the full service! Can't beat not having to pump your own gas!

I do wish we could complete more than on a day. My car takes at LEAST $30.00 to fill up! and that is not even with the super, just regular!

~ Jennifer
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Valued Contributor

Tualatin, OR
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2004 :  9:45:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeny,
Welome to the Pacific Northwest! Could the weather be any better this weekend?

One gas shop that I did - there wasn't that brand anywhere nearby - then on Friday, like yours, the address was just off by a couple of digits.

Here's the wild part. They called me to see why I didn't "express" the missing shop - even though I had sent 2 emails explaining. When I called back he said they were still "sifting through all their emails." Not only was he totally understanding and sweet about the missing shop - he said they're going to pay me anyway!! He gave me another shop for Monday. I got another call tonight - apparently the phone call from Friday hadn't been recorded or something - and she apologized for calling me again - and gave me another shop for Tuesday. I've worked with some great schedulers - but my contacts with GAPbuster have left me WOWED by how sweet and helpful they are!

Compare that to all the shop instructions that threaten no payment if you do anything wrong - and it's not their fault if the location has closed. They paid me and apologized for MY inconvenience. I'll shop for GAPbuster anytime!
Go to Top of Page

ShaunaInOregon
Valued Contributor

Canby, Oregon
USA
231 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2004 :  11:26:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed a gas station shop for them on the 1st of this month and it was by far an easier report to fill out than other gas station reports I've done.

Even though the pay is a little less than what other companies are paying, I will happily be taking more shops with this company because the reports are so much easier.

Shopping the Portland and surrounding areas.

MSPA Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Zoya

Maryland
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2004 :  08:11:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Isn't it strange that they have "payment date" for 23 countries, EXCEPT the USA? http://www.gapbuster.com/en-us/spayment.htm

Silver Certified :)
Go to Top of Page

JLodise
Contributor

CA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2004 :  7:41:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received my first payment from GapBusters this week. The payment was 'wired' to my bank account. My bank assessed a $15 wire fee to 'receive' this payment. No thanks...I guess that's the only way they pay since they are a foreign company. Buh-bye GapBusters.

Anyone have a similar experience?
Go to Top of Page

MsJudyP
Star Contributor

Dallas, TX
USA
1124 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2004 :  08:13:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They charged you a WIRE fee? OMG! Has anyone else been paid by GAPbuster? I would like to hear more before I sign up with them. I have kept an eye on this post.I ,too, did not like the bank information request being non-secure. Hopefully others will post how their payment has been.For now I will steer clear.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and beyond!
Go to Top of Page

JLodise
Contributor

CA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2004 :  11:35:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Judy.

As far as I know the only way that they pay is via wire to your bank account. My bank charged the fee and I believe that ALL banks charge some sort of wire fee to send/receive money via this method. Hence, I come to the conclusion that every monthly payment from GapBusters would trigger a $15 wire fee charged to my bank account.

If anyone has an additional information about this or has any experience with receiving payment from GapBusters, please chime in.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

TifphanyM
Valued Contributor

Memphis, TN
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2004 :  12:20:58 PM  Visit TifphanyM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't worked for Gapbuster yet, so I don't know about payment and all. But here is a link about wire transfers:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/atm/19991012.asp

I had an ebay buyer wire money to me from UK. My credit union didn't charge me anything. Maybe it's just banks?

Tiffany
MSPA Silver Certified #msn5ju
"What we see depends mainly upon what we look for."
Go to Top of Page

JLindeman

San Diego, CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2004 :  3:49:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got charged a wire fee also. Although mine was not as high as yours, I do not shop for $1. If they continue with this method of payment, I do not see how they will get any shoppers here in the US. I know I am done with them. Unfortunately, I accepted another shop for them before I got the bank notice. I am not looking forward to another $1 shop (especially with these gas prices!!).

Jennifer Lindeman
Gold Certified #etanhr
Go to Top of Page

JLodise
Contributor

CA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2004 :  4:00:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
JLindeman,

I cancelled my one pending shop. IMO, They do not have near the volume of shops per month to offset a $15 a month charge.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums