Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Paula H.
Valued Contributor

Pasadena, CA
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  6:17:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Traci, I just received notice of payment and have the same problem. No matter how I add up the figures, the amount received doesn't match what was due to me. Also, on one shop I was promised a $10 bonus, but it displays as the shop pay was $16 ($8 for the regular fee and I guess the other $8 is supposed to be the bonus). Either way, the check I received is still off by about $12. About the middle of last year I had payment issues with them and it took ages to finally straighten out. My e-mails seemed to go into a black hole until I finally got a phone call and had the chance to go through the whole issue point by point, date by date. Their website is certainly not conducive to communication.

Gold Certified shopper
Go to Top of Page

Cyn_Cal

San Francisco, CA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  6:29:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just a thought but has anyone thought that perhaps it was possible accounting missed one shop on a different day that will get paid later on? I haven't checked since mine is in order, but that makes sense to me, at least to a degree...I'd check the cutoff dates for those payments to make sure before we all get up in arms...

Shopping San Francisco, Marin County and the Peninsula
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  6:53:30 PM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Didn't go away we've just been very busy with the closing of shopping for the first month of our new client and I didn't manage to get on here, will make sure I get regular time to do so from now on!

JSalata - have emailed you through the forum, let's hope you get my email!

RE payment please search the forums as I have explained what the cut off dates for GAPbuster payments are. Please do not rely on us sending you an email before providing your bank details to us. As soon as you have completed worked for us, you should be providing us with your bank details.

RE the good shops? We are continually recruiting and shoppers are taking up more of the work quicker than ever before. We have already won one contract and other new clients on the horizon so don't despair there will be new work coming on from June onwards.

There seem to be many complaints on here again about emails not being replied to. We are monitoring the inbox and clearing it very regularly so this really shouldn't be happening unless:

1) We do not have your correct email address
2) Your ISP is blocking our emails.

1) is not all that common... you can help us out by checking the email address you have registered with us right now in the My Profile link on our website. All details submitted there are secure and you can even update your bank details there!

2) more likely, we have a few ISP's now that are not accepting our emails, generally speaking unless you complain we don't know that you haven't received our emails! We are working to determine who those are and establishing a rapport with them to allow us to email them. It is worthwhile checking with your ISP to find out whether they block our domain when you are having problems with no getting responses from us.

I will put my email address on here so that everyone will be able to contact me directly, but please make sure you have made an attempt to contact us via the correct channels first. If I start getting hundreds of emails a day I won't be able to reply to them anyway and the same problem will repeat so please do not use me as a first resort!

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Email: Michael.Olivo@gapbuster.com
PLEASE ensure I am not your first port of call..
Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

Paula H.
Valued Contributor

Pasadena, CA
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  6:55:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my case, at least, there were no missed shops. They were all within a few days of each other, except for the bonus one. Counting either way, with or without that one, the dollar amount still didn't make sense. Also, the bonus amount promised ($10) did not match what it showed online.

Gold Certified shopper
Go to Top of Page

Cyn_Cal

San Francisco, CA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  6:56:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oooh new shops. San Francisco Area? ok everywhere else too, but...yeah

Go to Top of Page

JoanneLcoq

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  12:18:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did 5 shops for GapBuster in Feb. and no payment yet. Also, there have been numerous occasions, at least 5xs where I emailed an enquiry and never received a response of any sort. I've gotten phone calls for assignments offering a bonus and I would agree...they put me on hold to approve it and I get disconnected never knowing whether I should do the shop or not. I couldnt call back because they have no public phone number and they never called me back. Im a little eerie about doing any more shops for them. What to do? Any advise?
Go to Top of Page

Pandora

Casper, Wyoming
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  1:09:41 PM  Visit Pandora's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Janne
Before I take any job, I ask if I may get an e-mail, with all the fine print. How much is the shop assignment, any bonuses? How much? And so on... Then I print up or save the e-mail. That way if things just match or you didn't get the full amount. E-mail the schulder you dealt with the first time around.
They really don't like bening called "out" and will say, " I thought we argeed $10.00" or so. You have the e-mail to prove what you agreed on.
This e-mail saving has helped out with this company many times. And they know I will save anything and everything when it comes to money with me , anywas

I hope this will help you out.
Have fun!

Live in the West States.
Looking for more merchandising work!
Go to Top of Page

LisaRose
Contributor

Ronkonkoma, NY
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  03:26:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did shops for early February and did not receive payment yet either. I hope you don't mind, Michael, I emailed you to follow up. Thank you. (I did a ton of shops for you this month and want to be sure I'll be paid by mid april for March's shops as well).
Thanks, if you can follow up!

Lisa Rose
Go to Top of Page

.Kenthe Sub
Inactive

WI
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  06:21:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've spent more time on GAPBuster's website, searching for assignments that I might possibly be able to do. It is so user unfriendly. On the screen where the available jobs display you do not see the date ranges for the shop. So, for example, there are shops in a city nearby but I do not go there but once a month. So, if I select the shop and see it is not on the day(s) I go in I have wasted time in looking at a shop I will not make a separate trip for.

I recall the former FF shopper co. did have some month-end shops that they had to stick bonus on but you could easily see the dates; with GAPBuster I only wonder how harder it is for them to get these shops done with the need to go thru 2 and 3 screens just to see dates, etc.

I did receive a reply to a recent inquiry but they at first reported my receipt was not received and they wanted a digital image uploaded. I did notify them I did FAX the receipt and did not feel I needed to send it a 2nd time and they did acknowledge the FAX. While I know some issues can come up I also feel the fees are so low that spending time responding to messages only to find out it was an error on their part only robs time from other shops we could do. I may select a shop or two but, so far, I am not impressed.

The shopper fee for the one client was reduced from the prior company and, while the amount is not that great, the shop requires lots of timings, etc. and is one where we should have seen an increase in fee for the work involved, not the other way around/ So the bid for the client was likely a lower bid and we shoppers take a lower fee.
Go to Top of Page

Cyn_Cal

San Francisco, CA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  06:48:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess I am one of the lucky ones then? I did 6 shops in February and it all funded through direct deposit. All my numbers were correct. It shows on the paperwork if you have a bonus or not. The premium assignment I took was paid correctly too.

On another note, I thought Gapbuster was based in Australia? At least that is where my last minute phone calls come from. Might explain the no direct phone number, but I agree. IF there was a phone number it would be easier to resolve this for the people having problems....

Go to Top of Page

CharlotteSmith
Apprentice

Blaine, MN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  07:34:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have completed several shops for Gapbuster. I think they are a great company to shop for. They pay super fast, too. I did a shop in February and received payment the middle of March.

Charlotte
MSPA Certified Silver
Go to Top of Page

CindyPetri

TX
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  1:02:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also had questions about the Payment column of the "my assignments" page that shows completed & non-completed assignments. Some my assignments were not showing the bonused amount(s) that the phone scheduler and I agreed on even though my paperwork did. I sent an enquiry about this and the reply says:

"We have two types of extra cash bonus:
- GAPpremium- GAPpremiumed assignments must be selected in the Website and this amount is shown only in "My assignments".
- Cash bonus other than GAPpremium (such as Mileage and Incentive which were offered over the phone by GAPbuster staff)- Any other cash bonuses (Mileage or Incentive) are shown only on the instruction page or their evaluation paperwork.

As such, I'd like to suggest you to print out your paperworks and keep recording the payment detail in each evaluation paperwork.
We process our shopper payments fortnightly - on the 15th and 30th of each month. Here's an example of how our payment works:
If you shop between the 1st-14th of a given month your payment will be processed by the 30th of that month.
If you shop between the 15th-31st of a given month your payment will be processed by the 15th of the following month."

I also started asking the phone schedulers for the receipt # of the agreed upon increase (bonus). This way you have a definite way of verifying/tracking the amounts owed to you. I agree that this makes more work for us to keep track of our bonuses for our personal accounting. I also immediately put this information on my assignment spreadsheet for future reference should I need it.

Hope this info is helpful to you,
Cindy

Cindy
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  7:06:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been doing shops for Gap for almost a year and have never had a problem with payment. They pay twice a month. I do however hate that they are scheduling so far in advance now that the premium fees are gone. I am not going to schedule for a month away, not knowing what the weather will be here. Very glad they are saving money with their new strategy but I prefer to schedule around my life.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Jersey_Cary
Contributor

NJ
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  04:16:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
sorry to post this here-
but i've tried fixing this myself and I also emailed you(Mike) over the weekennd

Michael Olivo

I'm having a problem --I've gotten 2 emails requesting a reciept--I have faxed in now 4x.

I just recieved my lastest email this morning- Is there a phone# I can call or an email address I can contact whoever is in charge of receipt submission.

On a positive side-- I have to say I've really enjoyed the shops I've done for your company and I've recieved my payments quickly
Go to Top of Page

LisaRose
Contributor

Ronkonkoma, NY
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  04:48:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got an email saying that they are still awaiting 6 receipts from 6 different assignments, when I submitted them same day, with a confirmation from that fax machine that they were indeed submitted and received on that end just fine.

Why would this ever happen, and how can I trust that I'm not doing all this work for nothing?

I'm getting really wary and suspicious about this company now, and still want to know where my February payment is.

Lisa Rose
Go to Top of Page

LisaRose
Contributor

Ronkonkoma, NY
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  05:14:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
(clarification: these receipts were from 21 days ago, and now they tell me??)

Lisa Rose
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  05:17:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, something to keep in mind... If the receipt submission requests are for receipts sent in the last day or so, they just had one HUGE cyclone hit in Australia.. Could be their phone/fax lines were down and I suspect that the letters are automated (maybe not)..

I hope the folks at GAPbuster are all ok and were far, far away from the Cyclone hit area!

PS: Another good reason to get a scanner! I have always uploaded my receipts to GAPbuster and have never had a problem... I think most companies are going to go the way of digital upload before it is over with anyway... Invest $50 and get a scanner/printer/fax all-in-one thingy and then you can scan and upload receipts to most companies!

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

LisaRose
Contributor

Ronkonkoma, NY
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  05:25:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Elizabeth, I think this whole "Gapbuster is slow to respond" to emails etc on this thread is important. How can a company who expects your timeliness and reliability be 'slow to respond' to our emails etc, when it promptness should work both ways here? Getting an email 21 days after a job is ridiculous. They need to be more responsive than a month later. I'm tired of emailing them with questions etc with late or no responses.
They need to upgrade their communication system with their shoppers.

Lisa Rose
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  05:31:18 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Yes thanks for the concern, but the cyclone but it hit over 1000 miles north of our main office (it hit around Cairns which is on the far north east coast of Australia)

We have investigating several complaints from shoppers getting reminder emails about receipts that they are already sure they have faxed (and in some cases have even got a confirmation from their fax machine that they were faxed)
The problem with this is if you faxed the wrong receipt on the wrong receipt form (mixed them up), if the transmission was garbled or fax machine not clean your receipt will get dropped/lost or marked as invalid.

From the investigations we have launched so far we have found these reasons to account for a considerable amount of lost receipts, so please ensure none of these reasons apply to you!

Receipt reminders are typically sent for assignments as far back as 2 months, inclusive of assignments up to 2 weeks back (we don't include assignments any newer than that as they faxes may not have quite made it through the system yet, and we want to cut our shoppers some slack too!)

Scanned receipts that are uploaded are immune from these problems!!

Also a note to shoppers emailing me…. PLEASE ensure that you send an email with your shopper code, assignment numbers and any relevant dates (date of shop, date of express, etc) and forward any relevant emails also please.

Although I am happy to help shoppers from here I am only one man!! If I get too many ill-formed requests I spend more time asking for more information and less time actually solving peoples problems, so please provide me all the information I could possibly need in one go to ensure we don't play email ping-pong please!

Also I have had a few shoppers email me from Earthlink accounts to which I've replied only too have the email bounceback to me!

Please make sure if you have such an account you email me from an alternate address as I cannot reply to you (and don't forget to bug them to stop blocking us from sending their customers emails!!)

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  05:45:23 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
LisaRose,

I am trying to ascertain in your situation exactly where the problem lies with your emails going 'missing' but you haven't been playing ball with me so far, so I can't fix the problem!

Please follow my instructions on attempting to post another enquiry through our website and advise me when you have done so, so that I may check if it has come through or not please.

We do acknowledge that our system is not perfect, but we are trying to find out where things are going wrong and sometimes this means going the extra distance with a shopper to really try and zero down where the problem is to try and ensure they are not constantly frustrated with us!

I don't think posting negatively on this forum is very fair to us after the amount of attention I have given you personally in the last few days, which included preferential treatment as far as fast tracking your payment information requests and trying to work with you to sort out the communication problems you have being having with us.

Please follow through on what I have requested of you so far so that we can get things working smoothly again.

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums