Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

LisaRose
Contributor

Ronkonkoma, NY
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  08:37:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Two months ago I sent an enquiry asking for an increase in jobs I can accept each month and got no response. I love the assignments I have been doing for Gapbuster. It's just frustratiing to see here that the only responses seem to be on the condition that the shopper is by coincidence registered on the Volition forum, and have you here to pick up the slack, that's all. If I were not registered here, I'd still be waiting for communication, and that's just not professional that's all. I appreciate your being here, and I love my assignments...but to find out 21 days later they never got my fax? Not good. Response time in general with this company unacceptably slow.

Lisa Rose
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  08:40:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I sent my receipts by fax on March 3 and just got notification that they did not get them. Something is wrong when we are supposed to send them immediately and yet we dont get advised that they are not received for 3 weeks. I had a cover page that said they went okay so there is a problem on Gapbuster's end as far as I am concerned. This is my first problem with this company.
Go to Top of Page

Cyn_Cal

San Francisco, CA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  08:47:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm with Lisa on the increase in jobs. I love doing the electronics shop and it seems Gapbuster always needs people in my area. I've done a lot last minute for them, so if they could increase it, I'd be thrilled! I'm hoping to get that phone call asking if I want to do a shop last minute. I understand we need to limit the number of shops for x company, but if they NEED someone and we are willing... just my as usual

Shopping San Francisco, Marin County and the Peninsula
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  09:18:28 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Agreed the alert time on receipts could be quicker, but again if we did that we would be almost spamming some shoppers that fail to upload/fax their receipts immediately. What kind of turnaround time would people suggest is fair after which we could start bugging you for your receipts?

We are paying you in good faith either way and are not demanding the receipts immediately. You should be retaining the receipt for at least 6 months anyway (I think we request 12 months?)

Re the quotas, these are increased regularly according to your number of completed assignments and how many you fail to complete. To do more you need to make sure you do not unassign assignments.

If you are already at our client limits then you can simply not do any more than that.

Anyone with a problem with their quota can email me and I will investigate how much more we can give you!

LisaRose, the fact that you are on the forum gives me a chance to work on the issues that seem to occur most frequently and annoy the majority of shoppers - the forum is a great place to figure this out from!

The idea is that if I can get a hold of one shopper on here experiencing a frequently occurring problem affecting many shoppers I can fix it for everyone.

The fact that I was trying to investigate your problem in particular is not relevant if I end up finding something which can be applied to everyone. It could have been any forum shopper experiencing the same problem.. you just emailed me about it first!

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Email: Michael.Olivo@gapbuster.com
PLEASE ensure I am not your first port of call..
Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

AnnaZ
Valued Contributor

Burlington, MA
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  09:24:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michael,
I think 10 days should be the max for the receipts. You might want to give the shopper 4 days, and then communicate within 10 days that the receipt has not been received. Other companies that require receipts with each assignment, either have the upload as you do, or have a box next to the payment date that indicates whether the receipt was received or not.
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  09:33:28 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your feedback AnnaZ.

Just on the feedback on whether the receipt has been received or not, we do have this (in a way) that once the 'receipt upload' link disappears we have received your receipt. If this remains, then we have not received it.
Please note that for faxing we may have received it, but if the transmission was garbled then we cannot account for it, hence it gets 'lost' and the link remains. In this case it will need to be sent.

Please ensure your receipt form is faxed the right way up also - this will help us out.

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

.Kenthe Sub
Inactive

WI
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  2:04:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Since Michael from GAPBusters is posting regarding the receipts issue I am going to weigh in by saying that GAPBuster had better get their act together on this (and perhaps other issues) or they will be losing me as a shopper.

I have done exactly 2 shops - the electronics shops - for GAPBusters and BOTH times I have printed the fax form and fax'd that along with my receipt EXACTLY as per instructions. Now BOTH times I have gotten the e-mail that my receipts were NOT received with all sorts of words about the upload, clients need, you haven't, etc.

Now BOTH times I have had to correspond with GAPBuster to let them know that, yes, I fax'd them, followed directions, etc. and I'm frankly sick and tired of it because it wastes my time to have to do shops, then worry I'll not get paid, waste time writing back, etc.

Now, please, Michael - before you come on here and take any issue with any shopper over any matter involving GAPBuster please be aware that many of these issues are legitimate and it seems GAPBuster has some problems on their end. I resent getting e-mails that seem to imply I did not follow instructions and I've NEVER had a problem with any other shopper company as regards fax'ing receipts AND I refuse to send them in a 2nd time when they were sent in the first time.

This nonsense about fax's being garbled up as you wrote in your reply to ANNAZ is just that...nonsense. Likely they are waylaid on your end but it's easy to put the burden back on the shopper by tossing out some weak excuse.

We shoppers do not need to have to solve infrastructure problems with any shopper company; we take the shops at low fees, get them done, input the results and send in receipts and that should be it. Having to waste time corresponding on stuff we already did per instructions only robs us of valuable time, etc.

So, please, GAPBuster, get your fax system working and quit asking us to do double duty.

Give us shoppers some credit and quit trying to take issue with our concerns.

quote:
Originally posted by Michael_GAP

Thanks for your feedback AnnaZ.

Just on the feedback on whether the receipt has been received or not, we do have this (in a way) that once the 'receipt upload' link disappears we have received your receipt. If this remains, then we have not received it.
Please note that for faxing we may have received it, but if the transmission was garbled then we cannot account for it, hence it gets 'lost' and the link remains. In this case it will need to be sent.

Please ensure your receipt form is faxed the right way up also - this will help us out.

Go to Top of Page

.Kenthe Sub
Inactive

WI
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  2:08:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DanInSK

I sent my receipts by fax on March 3 and just got notification that they did not get them. Something is wrong when we are supposed to send them immediately and yet we dont get advised that they are not received for 3 weeks. I had a cover page that said they went okay so there is a problem on Gapbuster's end as far as I am concerned. This is my first problem with this company.

DanInSK,

I did not see your post until after I posted but I am also having this same problem with GAPBuster so, apparently, those of us who chose to fax our receipts to them are getting these e-mails implying we have not followed instructions, etc. From the tone of this Michael's posts it sounds like they are going on the defensive when they seem to be the problem, not we shoppers. I won't do any shops for them until this fax'd receipts issue gets resolved.

Ken
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  2:42:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an e-mail yesterday about two shops and no receipts being received. I have twice sent information about a February shop, and twice received correspondence from Jan P. Either Jan P. is forgetful or everyone uses that name, since he seemed to have forgotten his previous message. The other shop was in early March, and they say I didn't fax the receipt. I have my own confirmation that it went through. I sent another e-mail about both shops. We will see.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  4:19:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It seems almost apparent that Gapbuster had a fax problem around the beginning of March. It would be nice for someone to come in and say whether their machine ran out of paper or what might have happened. This is now 4 or 5 people that have indicated a problem with the beginning of March and all have proof of sending the receipts. I hope that they will not count these errors on their part as one strike against us. I think the email said something about 4 missing receipts and you are done, tout finis, cancelled, deleted, deactivated or whatever the worst can be.

P.S. I must add that I am not unhappy with the shopping and pay I have received from this company. There has not been a problem with the forms, instructions or entry but I dont want a negative mark on my record if the problem is at their end and not at mine. I will take credit for an error when I make one but this is not the time that I have to take credit for a mistake.

Go to Top of Page

.Kenthe Sub
Inactive

WI
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  4:39:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DanInSK

It seems almost apparent that Gapbuster had a fax problem around the beginning of March.
DanINSK,

I am glad I am not the only shopper with this receipts problem...not happy anyone is having it but GAPBuster obviously has a problem with those of us who fax our receipts.

I had e-mailed the same individual yesterday as I got a reply from on my 1st shop and have not heard a reply. But GAPBuster had better not "ding" me on payment for the shop either.

When I get an e-mail that suggests I did not follow instructions, etc. I get darned concerned, especially when I know I used their form, etc.

I don't know when they picked up the large FF client but I wonder if they bit off more than they could chew; I'm sure the addition of so many more shops, receipts, etc. could be a factor....but I cannot accept anything that even mildly suggests we shoppers have to bite the bullet by re-sending stuff, etc. If they need my help to solve their problems I'm open to that...but my fee for this service is $50.00 per hour!!!

I may have been overly harsh in my earlier post but I saw this same thing happen with another shopper co. and the harsh e-mails, re-send this, etc. and lots of shoppers sharing the same problem here on Volition.
Go to Top of Page

LisaRose
Contributor

Ronkonkoma, NY
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  5:38:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michael, you have obviously been wonderfully instrumental in assisting with payment issues. I received 3 emails between the past two days addressing this concern.
Thank you very, very much for your help.

Lisa Rose
Go to Top of Page

Jersey_Cary
Contributor

NJ
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  7:23:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
we'll i just faxed my receipt for the fifth time.
My shop was late Feb

Not sure were to go from here.

I've emailed the company, emailed Michael and posted here.

Is there a phone# to call????
to speak to a live person.

I've loved the shops I've done and payment was speedy--
but I really like to resolve this before I accept anymore shops

Go to Top of Page

Jonny
Valued Contributor

Southwest, NM
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  10:18:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm Glad I chose NOT to go forward with this outfit,
and the fairly remote location here means
I will keep seeing the same unshopped
jobs on the e-mail notifications...Nobody needs the
AGGRAVATION!! shown in these Very Useful Postings...
I Hope that MichaelGAP would choose to copy the most detailed
of these postings, and Actually communicate with whomever
the Managers and Decision-Makers ARE down there, and
actually MAKE some CHANGES to effectively Manage the
situation... For the Good of the Whole shopping community,
not only their own reputation and continued success...
Thank You All,
Thank You again,Ray, for providing this crucial service
here at Volition...
I wish I was back in Albuquerque...I miss the Movie Promotions

Thanks Be to God
He Reviveth the Thirsty Land...
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  04:34:24 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Through the help of some very patient shoppers we have finally found the problem with faxed receipts and can confirm it is on our end!!
We have found a backlog of receipts that were not properly processed which meant your 'upload receipt' text was not disappearing and many shoppers were being erroneously sent requests for receipts they have already submitted!
We apologize for this and appreciate all your patience in resubmitting your receipts!!
Until further notice please only fax in your receipt once and ignore the receipt upload link on my assignments.
No shopper will be penalized for this- and as I have stated previously we pay regardless of your receipt status in good faith that you have or will provide us with your receipt.
No further requests for receipts will be sent out until the backlog is cleared.

Kenthe Sub - wasn't giving an excuse, just wanted to clarify how widespread the problem was, which, again is why the forum is such a valuable resource for us!
From the number of complaints and the assistance of a few shoppers on here we were able to very quickly track down the problem and fix it.
My only issue was criticism of us when we were doing our best to assist a shopper with their problems in whatever way we possibly could. We maintain a presence on here to improve our service and correct as many problems as we can and that’s never a bad thing!!

LisaRose - no problems. Sorry if we got off on the wrong foot, one of those responses was from an over zealous employee who processed your email twice, but there’s no harm in double checking these things.. I try and do what I can to keep 'my' shoppers happy!

Jonny, don't worry in coming weeks I will make it my personal goal to ensure we change your mind about us. Think back to a week or so ago where you had many problems with us, and already in that time we have narrowed them down significantly! Trust me, you will be shopping with us in no time!

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Go to Top of Page

ElizabethG
Valued Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  07:25:11 AM  Send ElizabethG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michael,

I am impressed with the personal interest you have taken with the shoppers on this forum. Here's my input:

At the end of each month, as the shopping time narrows, I get calls from Gapbuster asking me to do the FF shops. They "offer" either the standard pay, or tell me I should be excited by getting a few dollars more. The fact of the matter is that every time, the bonus they offer on the phone is far less than the bonuses listed on your site. I don't know what's common in Australia, but it is common practice in the USA that when shoppers are called on the phone for last-minute shops, the bonus is better than what's offered online. I ask you and Gapbuster to consider this.

Thanks

Gold Certified yysqi1
Shopping Chicago and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

Cyn_Cal

San Francisco, CA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  07:33:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My electronics shops are actually better bonused over the phone than online lists. However, for me it is greatly worth it because in any given day, I tend to pass at least 3 of the electronics stores anyway, so it always works for me. I am just real hesitant to schedule any, not because it is a waiting game, but rather, because it is a limit of 6 which I need to choose usually weeks in advance. I like being last minute and spur of the moment...so last minute shops work best for me. If I have to plan weeks ahead, sometimes it DOES NOT always fit into that week after all, and I need to reschedule it. I wish we could lift the restriction. My area always has last shops needing to be done, so I am happy to do it, but...with the restriction, it's really tough. I was called to do last minute shops the beginning of the month, and what is horrible is I could have used some this past week...Honestly, I think I have passed every single electronics store in the city in the last week....

Shopping San Francisco, Marin County and the Peninsula
Go to Top of Page

WilliamJ
Contributor

Dunmore, PA
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  07:33:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello, Michael!

I'll post this here in the public forum so that others having the same problem can get the solution.

From home, I cannot access the GAPbuster website unless I use the numeric IP address. It is not a problem from work, since we have a sister server in OZ that can access your server directly.

After some research, we found that the ISP and my firewall are blocking the site because of an expired security certificate..quick fix from your end.

Otherwise, using the IP addy does the trick!

Bill

Shopping The Poconos and Northeastern Pennsylvania
MSPA Silver
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  07:36:49 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi ElizabethG,

This is true, the employees are not allowed to offer what is on the website. The assignment costs us far more to have assigned manually by an operator than if taken on the web.
The idea is that if a shopper refuses to take it off the web at the higher fee then they will be offered less than that when/if called.
If you don't like either fees you can ask the operator to increase the online fee, saying that you will pick it up yourself online if they do that.
In most cases they will be happy to do that (as they cannot increase the bonus payment if the assignment is taken over the phone)
This will also help us out next month in determining what is a 'fair' price to webselect an assignment vs taking it over the phone.

Many companies/banks operate in a similar way, do your banking online and there will be less fees imposed on you as the bank does not need to pay staff for the transaction and will pass the savings on to you. Should you choose to go into a branch then you will be charged accordingly.
At worst if you see an assignment on our website that you would be happy webselecting, but not at the current bonus payment either submit an enquiry through the website or email me what you WOULD take it for.
If it's reasonable we will just update the gap premium for you and you can simply webselect it.
You will find that to be in the running for most of our campaigns you will need to webselect anyway, another reason to take it off the web instead of taking it by phone!

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  07:44:39 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi WilliamJ,

Thanks for your feedback!

Are you sure about that? The SSL certificate on www.xec.gapbuster.com expires in 06/30/06 ?

We have been advised the issue is due to the fact that we use a newer version of DNS that allows us to dynamically change the IP address assigned to the domain because we have several inbound links for redundancy and can switch over should one fail.

Apparently some ISP's DNS servers cannot handle this and as such cannot resolve our domain to an IP. If you try most of the free utilities around on the net you will find they all find no problem with our domain.

We are led to believe that the problem lies at the ISP's DNS servers, however if you wish to email me your details I can get out IT administrator in contact with your ISP admin and they can nut it out!

Using our direct IP address will work as long as our IP does not change... the other alternative is to pop our details in your hosts file which resides in your windows / winnt directory. Again this will only work until our IP changes, but this shouldn't be for some months now!

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums