Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  07:58:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much Michael for looking into this, there were just too many incidents to make it the shoppers problem. So far as I said in my lasts post I have been content with Gapbusters payment policy and I have had no problem with data entry.

Dan
Go to Top of Page

.Kenthe Sub
Inactive

WI
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  4:17:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DanInSK

Thank you very much Michael for looking into this, there were just too many incidents to make it the shoppers problem.
I'll also join in thanking Michael for taking time to follow this thread, working to solve the fax receipts issue, etc. I did get an e-mail today in response to my 2nd shop and receipt problems; it states that now there may be a 7 day or so wait in handling fax'd receipts. If the problem got solved it should be good for all of us.

Based on Michael's hard efforts and keeping lines of communication open I will be open to doing more of their shops.
Go to Top of Page

Mildred
Contributor

NC
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  06:03:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know how to communicate with Gapbusters other than through this forum? All questions or comments are not suitable to post on this forum. I sent a message through their inquiry, but have not received a response. After I submitted the inquiry there was a message indicating that I would get a response from them very soon but it has now been four days.
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  06:08:32 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Mildred,

Issues not suitable for posting on the forum with which you have attempted to communicate to us via our website can be forwarded to me and I will try and do my best for you.
I do get alot of emails a day also and will occasionally let one slip, so you should follow up with me if I fail to responsd for a day or so.

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Email: Michael.Olivo@gapbuster.com
PLEASE ensure I am not your first port of call..
Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  07:00:27 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Mildred,

Received your email however I am not sure you will get my reply, you are on Earthlink and they do not seem to be accepting our emails at the moment, hence why we didn't 'appear' to reply to you!

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Email: Michael.Olivo@gapbuster.com
PLEASE ensure I am not your first port of call..
Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  07:22:05 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Although it seems Michael is trying to get all of the quirks out, I have decided to wait until things are all fixed before even looking at the job board. I don't like jobs where there is confusion, as the time spent trying to get it resolved eats into my pay.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Jonny
Valued Contributor

Southwest, NM
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  08:58:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow
I wish I could be half as positive and cheery as
Michael GAP...What a strength of character that is.
You are inspirational, Sir...I will consider
re-applying to shop your jobs.
-----------------
I've noticed that it has been repeated over and over
about Earthlink e-mails not getting through...and
some others...
I hope these folks know that there are many free
e-mail providers like, for example Netscape.com ...
It only takes a minute or so to get yourself a new
e-mail address. I have four different e-mails now.
--------------
I find that my HP flatbed scanner/printer is excellent,
and so versatile, compared to a typical Fax. You can keep
the jpeg image of your receipts, photos, scans from books,
etc. etc., and simply attach them to the e-mails.
....apparently only the FAXes have been a problem,
and NOT the uploaded attachments...Que No?
--------------
Shop ON! and Boldly SHOP!
....For THOSE about to SHOP! We Sa-LUTE you!

Thanks Be to God
He Reviveth the Thirsty Land...
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  10:40:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to agree! Send them thru an upload and there is no prob!

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

DebInCA
Apprentice

San Jose, CA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  09:59:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love Gapbuster. I have been shopping for them for about a year now and I have never had any problems with correspondence or payment. They are always prompt(within a day or so)with replies through the inquiry area on the website. I don't fax my receipts, I upload them and this seems to work really well. They pay really fast and they are always willing to pay me extra for distance travel as well at the end of the month when shops are urgent. I'm sorry to hear that other shoppers have had less than great experiences with this company. I also think that the fees are appropriate for the simple forms that are required. Some companys pay the same and expect huge long billion word narratives. I will continue to happily shop for Gapbuster!
Go to Top of Page

Elsie
Star Contributor

Camuy, Puerto Rico
USA
444 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  8:26:08 PM  Visit Elsie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to thank Michael for helping me solve a bonus problem on my paperwork. The shop was for Friday, and I emailed an inquiry on the website on Thursday morning that the bonus was not on the paperwork, and I would not be able to do the job if the bonus was not on the paperwork. Since I didn't get a response and it was already late afternoon here, I emailed Michael and got a response in a couple of hours. I got a response from my inquiry on the website, right now. A bit late. Thank you Michael, and I wish the rest of the people at Gapbuster worked as fast as you did on a very serious issue.

Shopping Puerto Rico! I wanna merchandise too. Help!
Go to Top of Page

Mildred
Contributor

NC
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  12:10:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonny,

Earthlink email does get through. They filter it into 3 folders. Mail from people in your address book goes into the regular account. Email that may be spam goes into a folder labeled Suspect Email. Known spam goes into a folder that is named Known Spam. I check my Suspect folder each time I check email. I leave mystery shopping companies that I don't work for, or only work for occasionally in the suspect folder. That way my address book does not get cluttered with addresses that I seldom get mail from. I find this works very well for me.
Go to Top of Page

Pamala

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  10:18:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I e-mailed both Michael and the website with the same problem about the bonus. I haven't received a reply from either one. Thankfully I found the answer on another foum.

Pamela
Go to Top of Page

SarahAnn

Saint Paul, Minnesota
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  5:03:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I am awaiting payment for two shops completeed on time in the beginning of January. I am also waiting for my "$25 dining card that I was promised after I took my first shops. Based on my first exaperience with GAP Buster, I am not sure if I will take another job with them.

Sarah

Sarah Wenthold - Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  5:16:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Was the dining card some kind of a bonus? I have not heard of anything like that with Gapbusters. Did you do these shops directly with Gapbusters or through some other organization that assigned them and promised the card? It may be something that I have just never heard of.
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  5:21:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sarah,

Check your bank records. They do NOT send notice when they pay you, it just shows up in your account. I check mine online all of the time. I DO think (Michael are you listening???) that there should be some sort of notification when shops are paid. An email etc letting us know to check and what shops are paid would be great. I am not sure at this point, myself, what shops have been paid. LOL

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

JoanneLcoq

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  7:08:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me why after a confirmed assignment for next week, a day later I found it rejected/cancelled. Why would Gapbuster do that without notice? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

LisaRose
Contributor

Ronkonkoma, NY
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  7:48:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That happened to me too.
I was glad I double checked the site one more time, to find that out before doing the shop. Otherwise, I had planned to do it, and would have, if not for my intuition to check last minute details or messages right before going out on the assignment.

Lisa Rose
Go to Top of Page

JSalata
Contributor

Wakeman, Ohio
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  7:56:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had that happen once, too. They called me and asked me to do an emergency shop. I agreed for a bonus. The morning of the shop I checked "My Assignments" and found it had been "Rejected/Cancelled". I was extremely angry and let them know right away. It took a few days for a response, but they finally did let me know that the shop had been created in error, so when they called me to do the shop, it really wasn't supposed to be done. I understand that mistakes do happen, I just wish they had bothered to let me know up front. I also agree that payment notification would be nice. I use a spreadsheet to keep track of all my shops, and I know which shops are due to be paid. So far, in almost one year of shopping for them, I've always been paid correctly, and on time. Just remember their pay schedule and you should be able to figure it out.

By the way, Michael, this is the issue I wanted to discuss with you. I got your email, but I still can't email you back.
Janice

Janice
Shopping in North Central OH - now Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2006 :  10:32:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any updates on getting the website streamlined? I shop for about 50 different companies and I must say this is probably the worst website I use.

I remember hearing a while back there were changes coming...anything new on this front?

L.K. Eells
Shopping the Greater Northwest
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

.Kenthe Sub
Inactive

WI
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2006 :  6:44:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Today I decided to check for shops and, for the FF shops, you now have to go thru this 6 or 7 question nonsense just to see any details!

This is total overkill. The instructions for this client are clear and having to check "Yes" or "No" to things covered under our ICA, etc. is just absurd.

I recall that some shoppers were quite critical of this client and their requirements under the former shopper co. but the hassles, etc. to do essentially the same shop now with GAPBuster is far worse in my opinion. At least with the old shopper co. you could easily scan what was available and where by working pretty much off of one web page versus the several pages you need to go thru with GAPBuster.

It seems like the work just to see any assignment details to determine if the shop can fit within our times to do it is just way too time consuming. One shop is close by to where I live but I;m passing until I see GAPBuster streamline the process to see what and where the shops are and, for the FF shops in particular, the time period in which they can be done.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums