Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

FancyFran
Valued Contributor

South San Francisco, CA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  6:53:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for Gapbuster that had been cancelled and I wasn't aware of it. I spent my time and energy going to an electronics store miles out of my way, taking notes in the car in preparation for a darned good report, only to find when I went to the web site, it had been cancelled! I never received a reply when I inquired about it, either.
Go to Top of Page

SarahAnn

Saint Paul, Minnesota
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  8:27:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dear Folks,

Here is the e-mail I was sent via GAP Buster.....

Hi Sarah,

We noticed that you haven't completed an assignment for GAPbuster Worldwide yet. And that’s ok – we know there are plenty of reasons why you may not have been able to shop for us.

We’d love to get you started as a mystery shopper, so here's a great deal just for you. When you complete your first mystery shopping assignment we’ll give you a dining voucher worth $25! This voucher entitles you to discounted dining at more than 5,000 restaurants throughout the country.

January assignments have just been released, so now is a great time to take advantage of this offer!

Don’t be a stranger! You’ve already completed your certification, so half the work is done. Log in now, pick up an assignment and have a great night out on us.

Sarah Wenthold - Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SarahAnn

Saint Paul, Minnesota
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  8:35:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I forgot to add that I do check my bank statment weekly. I have yet to be paid by them.

Sarah

Sarah Wenthold - Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  08:40:21 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Re the assignments being cancelled issue, you should be receiving an email from us at the very least to alert you to this (again check you are receiving other communications from us to rule this out), but really this shouldn't be happening anymore! Feel free to let us know if you do find your assignment being cancelled unexpectedly.

Elizabeth, I'm listening... we will be putting notification of payment processing on our noticeboards but main thing to remember is: we pay 15th/30th (barring public holidays/weekends) but try to make sure the funds are still in your accounts on time., paying early if necessary.

Kenthe Sub/EellsInOC - the updates to our website are in testing phase at the moment. I have played with it and it is a vast improvement over what we are currently offering.

DanInSK - the dining card is offered occasionally to shoppers for completing a certain quota of assignments or by a due date.

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Email: Michael.Olivo@gapbuster.com
PLEASE ensure I am not your first port of call..
Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  08:52:07 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SarahAnn

Hello,

I am awaiting payment for two shops completeed on time in the beginning of January. I am also waiting for my "$25 dining card that I was promised after I took my first shops. Based on my first exaperience with GAP Buster, I am not sure if I will take another job with them.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Please email me with your details - are you sure you are receiving our emails? Possible there is a problem with your bank account and we have emailed you about it but you are not getting our emails.

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

DonnaS_MA
Contributor

Townsend, MA
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  12:25:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sarah, Also make sure that you have given Gapbuster your routing # and account #. You can enter this information on their site. Maybe that's why you haven't been paid? Just a thought.

Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sara D
Valued Contributor

South Hadley, MA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  05:23:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hmmm. Does anyone know if this company has a lot of shops available in MA? I have applied twice to their website, but haven't heard anything back. (The repeat application accidentally via a link on another scheduling agency's website - usually I'm very good about keeping track of to which agencies I've already applied!) I know that's not super unusual, as I've been accepted and am working for several, but haven't heard anything from others.

Also, I know that they have some jobs scheduled by another shopper agency and those jobs ask for your gapbuster ID when applying... Should I assume that that means you can only pick up Gapbuster shops even from the other company if you are also signed up for Gapbuster?

Additionally, how easy did most of you find it to get accepted to Gapbuster?

Lastly: Gapbuster is the only company I've come across that asks on its application about involvement in litigation/lawsuits. I had to answer that question positively because, before my son was born a plumber from a larger corporation switched some plastic pipes to metal in my house (much longer story, really) and that lead to pipes bursting and *huge* damage to my house when my son was only a few weeks old. I'm wondering if answering that question yes for this reason would automatically disqualify me from ever getting accepted at Gapbuster?

Sorry for so many questions in one!

-Sera

Sara A Davidow,
MSPA Gold Certified shopper #aziwc5
Go to Top of Page

.Kenthe Sub
Inactive

WI
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  06:11:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael_GAP

Hi Guys,

Kenthe Sub/EellsInOC - the updates to our website are in testing phase at the moment. I have played with it and it is a vast improvement over what we are currently offering.

Thanks
Michael
Michael,

Thanks for being active here and I hope our criticisms and suggestions are helpful. I think many of us want to see good things for GapBuster.

In my earlier post I raised my concerns about the FF shops and the overkill on those 6 or 7 questions we have to check "Yes" or "No" to. That stuff is already covered and, for me, is just one more barrier to taking these shops. This client was getting ridiculous in their requirements under the old Shopper Co. and, now, with GAPBuster, they seem to have even become more ridiculous and for less fee to us!

The exam to be able to take their shops was virtually identical to what it was under the old co. Obviously I'll not share that co. name or client name but I suspect most of us know all the details.

I never liked to hold out just for bonus but with these shops I just can't justify all the work, etc. for the fee. Granted you get "free" food but I cannot eat more than the sample amounts due to salt, etc. So I need it in the fee, not the food.

I am anticipating your response, if any, will be client imposed requirements but my sense is more and more shoppers are concerned with more and more work and less and less fee.

Ken

Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  05:20:30 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Sera D,

The questions have been implemented as a result of our US based legal teams' input.
I do believe answering positively will bar you from shopping with us.
Becoming an active shopper takes only 1 application submission. Duplicates will be discarded.

Kenthe Sub, no problems... some are moreso than others!

Correct, these questions are at clients request and no please don't mention who had these shops previously!

Our exam is presented a little better than it was previously, but they should be similar in content.

As with most mystery shopping assignments which contain a reimbursement, if there is no value to you personally in what you get to walk away with then the appeal of the shop will be diminished for you.
This does not apply equally to all, however if you are simply sampling the food and not having it as a meal then I will agree that the assignment seems less well paid.
Same applies with our other client we have atm, if the purchase means little to you then the assignments will be less appealing than to a person who values the item they get for 'free'.

The solution here is either increase premiums or get new clients, we are working on the latter!

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  08:32:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I have to say that persistence paid off for GAPbuster.

I was getting calls constantly about taking a shop near me (about 30 minutes away) but couldn't work it into my schedule... But GAPbuster kept calling and finally the last time they called I took the shop. It didn't hurt that they offered a very very nice bonus on it.

Thanks GAPbuster!

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

Sara D
Valued Contributor

South Hadley, MA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  1:07:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Michael,

I'm wondering if there is any exceptions to the disbarrment based on legal involvement? I'm a Mystery Shopper with over seven years of experience and a very good reputation amongst those companies for whom I have shopped. I've also been working hard to expand the number of agencies for whom I shop, and I hate to think I'd be permanently blocked for this reason.

To explain in brief: When I was very pregnant (overdue, in fact), I had a leak in my house. I called a well-known plumbing chain and a plumber belonging to this large corporation, came in and gave me what turned out to be inaccurate information about plastic pipes being not 'up to code' and convinced me to spend a great deal of money switching over to copper pipes which then burst due to where they were placed and how they were insulated. This lead to ceilings falling, carpets needing to be ripped up and mold problems that affected my newborn son (not to mention that his nursery was unusuable due to this damage for the first few months of his life).

In any case, this is the only lawsuit I have ever pursued against any corporation, and I think that most reasonable persons would have responded similarly.

Is there anything I can do to be unblocked for this reason?

Thanks

-Sera

Sara A Davidow,
MSPA Gold Certified shopper #aziwc5
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  2:02:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done a handful of shops for Gapbuster. I have always scanned and uploaded my job receipts. However, two days ago my scanner was having some issues.

So I printed the fax receipt form and faxed my receipts in. Is there anyway to confirm that it was received?

I have read that many people have had issues faxing their receipts. Can I now upload them, seeing as how I resolved my scanner's issues. Please advise...thanks!

L.K. Eells
Shopping the Greater Northwest
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

FancyFran
Valued Contributor

South San Francisco, CA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  2:16:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was called by a scheduler from GapBuster and offered two shops with nice bonuses, which I accepted. After I completed both assignments (aroud mid-March), I saw on their web site the shop pay for my completed assignments was $8.00 each! I was promised a healthy bonus so I used their ENQUIRY feature to E-mail them. Well, guess what? I have E-mailed them 6 times about this matter and have heard nothing. I received an E-mail offering me more shops in my area. Are they kidding?
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  2:35:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Eells in OC, There is no way that I know of to be certain that they have received your fax. I have sent many faxes and have never received confirmation. After you send it you should expect to wait 2-3 days before the receipt needed message leaves your assignment page.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

PilarDeVillacis
Apprentice

Central NJ
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  08:00:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
FancyFran, I was also called and offered a couple of shops with bonus, but the scheduler explained me that the bonus amount will not be reflected when you check your assignments. If you printed out your paperwork, you can see that in the first page, there is a section for PAYMENT description, your bonus amount should be specified there!! It should say "Payment for Job $3 purchase reimbursement $8 shopper fee + $$$ Agreed Extra. My !

I have done some shops for GapBuster and so far I think they are a really great company. Payment was on time at the end of the month.
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  09:36:03 AM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Sera D - yours is a sticky issue and I am seeking clarification on what the situation is in your case, it may take some time. Feel free to take the issue up further with me via email if you wish.

EellsInOC - the receipt faxing problems we did have a few weeks ago should have been cleared up by now. I know we have a batch of receipts that will be processed shortly so check in an hour from time of my post. Receipt reminder emails will be likely to resume next week..
Easiest way to tell the receipt has been accepted is that the 'upload receipt' link will disappear from your my assignments page for that assignment.

FancyFran - all bonuses given by phone will not appear on your my assignments page unfortunately, but will show up on your paperwork (a good reason to download and check it when you have been offered a bonus by phone!). The pay processing on 15th April should contain your bonuses - please let us know if it doesn't.
GAPpremiums will, however show up on your My Assignments page (but not on your paperwork)

Thanks
Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Go to Top of Page

Kyshia Littleton

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  7:53:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've only shopped with Gapbuster for a few months and initially I was very impressed. Plenty of shops, on time payments etc. However, as time has went on, I have realized that Gapbuster is perfect when a shop is perfect but if anything (and I do mean anything) goes wrong, they become the company from hell.

Service is inconsistent at best. I've "enquired" and got a response in 40 minutes but I've also got enquiries that were not answered in a month (so, I'll assume they were ignored).

Its difficult to tell what shops you have been paid for. This is really a bummer after you realize they can easily send this too you (I sent like 20 enquiries about a payment and was sent an emailed detailed listing). What complicates this further is that when shops are rejected/cancelled because of their error, you are actually paid for the shop. However, you can never tell if the rejection/cancellation is your fault or Gapbuster's.

Like I said they are INCONSISTENT
Go to Top of Page

LGibson
Apprentice

CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  8:47:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did some shops for Gapbuster a few months ago before I got into merchandising. I had no problems with them at all. They paid promptly and deposited the money directly into my bank account. In my area, (California) they were doing Shopping Centers, a fast food place and an electronics store.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

FancyFran
Valued Contributor

South San Francisco, CA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  07:12:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Michael and Pilar, at least someone is listening. I did hear from GapBuster and they don't show the bonus amount I was promised. I do show it on one assignment's paperwork, but the bonus did not show up on the second. They claim a lower amount, even though I have it printed out. I have not heard back from them regarding sending them copies of paperwork and E-mails. What a hassle, with all the work to get paid what I was promised over the phone, plus the work I put into the assignments, I'll end up making $1.87 an hour!
Go to Top of Page

FancyFran
Valued Contributor

South San Francisco, CA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  07:20:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Elizabeth,
The same thing happened to me - I got a phone call on two assignments that were quite a distance but a big bonus was promised. I hope you are actually paid what you were verbally promised - I'm struggling with them on the matter.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums