Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  8:27:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Use the edit function on the original post... Just above the post it has different options (like quoting etc) and one of these allows you to edit your posts....

It is the one with the little pencil and piece of paper...

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

CarynCOregon

Portland, Oregon
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2006 :  4:19:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I liked shopping for them but can't anymore because I don't like inconsistent communication. I enquired and never recieved an answer. This happened to me several times. I was very frustrated and I don't have the time or energy to try to figure things out on my own and complete a shop incorrectly. I work for several companies that communicate quickly and I prefer sticking with them.
I hope they work out the kinks because the schedulers were very nice and they paid me quickly.

Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

CRadcliff
Apprentice

Simonton, Texas
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2006 :  7:21:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been completing assignments for Gapbuster for about 3 months now-these are self assign shops you choose on their website-they
have tons of assignments in my Houston area, and they have been
excellent in paying BEFORE due date. After you have completed assignments for them they will email you when shops are available
in your area-I book all 6 of my shops for them weeks in advance.
Never had a complaint from any assignment completed as yet.

Constance
Go to Top of Page

Jersey_Cary
Contributor

NJ
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2006 :  6:11:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
hi all
I mistakenly took a shop for the 30th-- thinking it was for this sunday.the 23rd

I emailed gapbuster on saturday the 22nd to let them know my mistake and that I can't complete the shop on sunday. I still haven't heard back and its still showing on my assigmnet log--

Is there a phone number to call???
Go to Top of Page

TraceyF

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  09:31:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to say, I am pretty frustrated with this company. I got a call from one of the schedulers (who are all very nice) back in March, asking me to complete three urgent jobs in the area. I wouldn't normally do these type of shops - not really my thing - but the scheduler was desperate, so I agreed. I did not ask for any type of bonus, I just took them to help him out. These jobs were completed on March 1st, 2nd, and 10th and should have been paid by direct deposit by the end of the month. The first week of April, I received an email from GapBuster saying that they had a payment for me but did not have my bank details. I remembered supplying the details when I first signed up (it stuck in my memory as I was a little hesitant at first). Still, I logged into my account, checked my profile, confirmed the bank details, and updated them. I still had not received any payment by the middle of April, so I sent an email via the website. Within 48 hours I received an automated response informing me that they pay by direct deposit, at the end of the month for jobs completed in the beginning of that month, and by the 15th of the next month for other jobs. Obviously, I knew this, but had still not received payment. I sent them another email and outlined this fact. Lo and behold, today I get that same damn automated email response! GapBuster continue to call me to complete assignments, but I will not take on any more until I get paid for the outstanding ones. Even then, I am not sure I would want to continue to deal with this company. I have been shopping for 2 years and have never run into problems with any other company until now. I will let you know the outcome!

Tracey
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  8:08:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jersey_Cary,

Go to the My assignments page and reschedule or cancel.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Tara D
Contributor

Ballwin, MO
USA
88 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  9:40:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have some pretty sweet 60 cent bonuses going on right now... That's right, a whopping 60 cents. Does anyone else find that humorous? Would anyone else go out of their way to do a shop for 60 cents extra?

Tara
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  10:03:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just don't understand why everyone isn't jumping on those 60 cents bonuses..........it is a joke......they used to at least bonus a buck at a time........I won't do any unless they are at least bonused 5 bucks.........last month, I did two that had $8 bonuses.
It is borderline insulting to add a silly 60 cents....especially with the price of gas now.......

Linda
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  03:32:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here at the end of the month there are still some premium shops that need to be done. It used to be that these had large bonuses, but now they are about $3.00. Lower payments, higher gas prices, especially to get those out-of-the-way shops.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

CMilton
Star Contributor

North Haledon, NJ
USA
379 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  04:57:04 AM  Visit CMilton's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a bunch of shops for them and have not been paid yet either. As for a 60 cent bonus? yeah, HA HA

celia milton
Gold Certified 2004, nzcy0k
Go to Top of Page

TraceyF

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  07:49:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So I finally received an email from GapBuster, telling me that my bank details have been received, but now I need to check my routing number. They added some cryptic message that they have my bank code and account number, but need the routing number checked to see if my bank accepts international money transfers. I once again went on to my account and pulled up my profile...sure enough, there is my account number and routing number (no idea what the bank code is that they are referring to). I am with a major US bank (not a credit union) so would be very surprised if they didn't accept international money transfers. Out of desperation and frustration, I have sent Michael a private email in the hopes he can help me out. This is the first and only company I feel that need to unsubscribe from...such a shame, as the schedulers are so nice!

Tracey
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  08:07:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's not borderline insulting...it is insulting to bonus a job by $.60. I agree the schedulers I have dealt with are nice and their online forms fairly simple and straight forward, but that website is a nightmare. They keep saying it is getting an overhaul, but I have yet to see any good changes.

Please tell me people are not accepting these jobs that have the $.60 bonus???

L.K. Eells
Shopping the Greater Northwest
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50247 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  10:00:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a relatively new company at least in the U.S. and there are over 25 pages of posts about them. It makes me wonder.
Go to Top of Page

CindyPetri

TX
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  12:37:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working for Gapbuster since February and I like the pay that I receive for the jobs I do. Many have been increased amounts or bonused when a scheduler calls. I only had one error in payment where the agreed extra (bonus) was not included. I emailed them my assignment numbers, scheduler's name, and the receipt number for the agreed increase (ALWAYS ask for a receipt number by email!!).

I received a quick reply telling me they had a system error and the missing bonus would be deposited at the next pay period. The missing bonus was attached to an assignment I did that had mysteriously been rejected/cancelled when I went to input it online. I emailed them through their inquiry link and they called me in 1 1/2 hours. They put the assignment back in and I entered it online without any trouble except that the attached increased information was lost. Fortunately....I ask for receipt numbers for agreed increases in an email and I had proof to give them.

They are a great company that is international and I believe that they are striving to improve things. They need to improve in two areas: ability to communicate with them more readily/quickly and make their website more user friendly.

The reason there are 25 pages on the topic of Gapbuster is that the moderator doesn't want us to start new topics on MS companies that are already being talked about,...good or bad. Even if we want to discuss a different aspect of the MS company or a different experience with them, Volition would rather us keep it under the one topic of their name, so....that's why there are so many pages! If you read the threads, you will find that the majority of the posts about Gapbuster are positive.

Cindy
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

DebbieT
Trainee

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  4:14:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Gapbuster for about a year and am very pleased with them. They pay on time. It does take a while for them to reply to e-mails, but I take into consideration that they are overseas. Perhaps they meant the bonus was $6.00 and they put the six in the wrong spot?
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  5:12:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have no problem with Gapbuster shops.......they are fairly easy...and their website is okay with me...........what I don't like is that they are drastically reducing the bonuses.......60 cents is NOT a typo.........I hope shoppers will NOT take these. The starting pay is $10.......for the FF........the electronics I think is $8.
The FF requires DT and DI...........If they would just post them at $15 which is reasonable($7.50 for each part).........they would have no problem getting them filled..........but they start at $10 and I watch them bonus all the way up to $30.........sometimes $50 in remote areas.
I agree that the reason there are soooo many pages is because a lot is from Michael at Gapbuster. HE has been great about responding to shoppers on this thread. The majority of the posts are positive but again.....the 60 cent bonus is ridiculous. ( especially with the price of gas now)

Linda
Go to Top of Page

CindyPetri

TX
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  7:12:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michael has been very helpful to us Gapbusters. The moderator I was referring to is Ray.

Cindy
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  11:28:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like Gapbuster also as far as payment. But, there incentives stinks! 10, or 20 or 60 cents really stinks!!!!!What kind of incentive is that when they were offering those dollar amounts a few months ago? Just because they schedule farther ahead doesn't mean we are worthless. Apparently, they could pay us more, since they could also offer that before. It's called getting greedy...or money hungry.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

CindyPetri

TX
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  9:08:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My bonuses here have been super, but I live in a rural area where towns are spread out and populations are smaller with less shoppers available to shop. Since the rotation is about every 2 months for the electronic shops, they really need more shoppers to help fill the assignments. I did a recruiting assignment for them in a town that is far away from me to try to help them find more shoppers. A few signed up but I don't think any of them have actually done any shops yet.

Cindy
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Renae in CA
Star Contributor

CA
USA
303 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  9:23:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I cannot believe what I just saw on their website - the May shops require a purchase and return (after 24 hours!) and the pay went up one whole dollar! Also, I did a search by premium assignments and I got some that had $.10 as the premium.

I did these as they were quick, easy and good fillers while doing other shops.

Very sad that they have done this.

Renae
Living and shopping in the San Fernando Valley.
Silver Certified and Completely Certifiable!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums