Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  9:39:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied for a shop that had a $10 bonus($20 fee).........they rejected me. When I emailed and asked why..........they assigned it to me...
PROBLEM was........they assigned it at the $10 fee. I immediately emailed them back and say NO WAY.........I only signed up for it because it was $20.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
663 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  09:05:04 AM  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just noticed one for a location that is about 20 miles out of town. The "premium" fee is .10 cents higher than normal. Yeah, that is gonna pay my gas out to the boonies!

Deanna Kessler
Deannna.kessler@seelevelhx.com
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  1:35:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After seeing the post saying the May shops were purchase and return I went and checked the two I had scheduled!!!

WHEW! Mine are just the regular ol' inquiry and reimbursement ones....

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  1:43:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to share this notice that was on the website this week. Just in case some shoppers were waiting for their payment:

"Date: 26/04/06

April 30th Pay delayed!

We regret to inform you that due to a bank processing delay payments will not be processed by our bank until May 1st. Pay will land in your accounts sometime after this."

L.K. Eells
Shopping the Greater Northwest
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Renae in CA
Star Contributor

CA
USA
303 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  2:54:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received an e-mail from GapBusters. The e-mail says that the electronic shop return can be made within 5 minutes.

I would think a clerk would get suspicious if you ask about your scenario, buy something different, then return it five minutes later.

Renae
Living and shopping in the San Fernando Valley.
Silver Certified and Completely Certifiable!
Go to Top of Page

AllysonMiami

Miami, Florida
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  4:46:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Renae in CA

I cannot believe what I just saw on their website - the May shops require a purchase and return (after 24 hours!) and the pay went up one whole dollar! Also, I did a search by premium assignments and I got some that had $.10 as the premium.

I did these as they were quick, easy and good fillers while doing other shops.

Very sad that they have done this.

They must be joking, but really, I think it must be an error. They must have made a decimal point mistake when entering bonuses. Some in my area show .70 as well. Maybe where it says .10 it means 1.00 and .70 7.00

But then again, maybe not. I saw spme at 11.10 and others at 12.70.

That os really too bad. I have 5 locations within 5 miles of my home. Iwould always do at least 2 a month without the bonus so I would not feel badly about only doing bonused shops.

I am curious to see if these amounts are correct.

Allyson
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  5:36:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are correct...not typos.......they are upping them 10 cents at a time.
SILLy............
I just got a shop with a $20 bonus though because they need shops done by Monday.........it was posted with a $10 bonus......and they tried to assign it to me at the regular $10 so I emailed and told them no way. So they called me at work today and offered me it for $20 bonus. I agreed...........so now I am getting $30 plus reimbursement.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
468 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  8:17:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Way to go, LindJorg! Sometimes it works out when we wait on something! With the price of gas, it's good to read when other shoppers get a good price for a shop. Stuff like that has happened to me also from time to time. I'm glad for you!

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  9:08:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is a complete turn around from previous bonuses. Frankly, it stinks! From uping premium jobs fron 5 or 10 dollars to 5 or 10 cents! What an insult to all of us!!! Gas goes up a dollar and pay goes to ten cents for premium when we know what they can offer to pay us.

Gee whiz! What happen to the $20 to $40 bonuses we could make because noone was able or available to take those jobs? They went to 20 or 40 cents! How disturbing is that? Not to mention the slap in the face.

I realize the company is out to make a profit, but, get real, we are not working for nothing! We are ALSO working to make money, therefore don't take their,"Oh gee, we will give ya 20 cents more jobs, that we used to pay $20 more for."

I always liked this company but have been rethinking them because of the gas prices and their unfairness to us.

Thanks for letting me have an opinion.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  11:35:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In all honesty, I think the mystery shopping companies caught on to people waiting for the bonuses in some areas(with boards like these where the shoppers were saying that is what they were going to do, all they had to do was come and read it)... Alot of companies are no longer bonusing like they were... And ya know what??? I can think of one in particular that stopped bonusing (unless they called you) and the shops are now being taken by someone at the original rates!! I guess it does prove the theory that there is always someone to take the shops if you won't...

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

JoanneLcoq

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2006 :  06:46:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I found what happened to me twice already is that I applied for a shop with a nice bonus/premium and then they take it away by cancelling/rejecting or it just disappears from your shop log. A day later, the same locale is available again but with a much lower bonus or no bonus at all. They entice you to sign up but they cant follow thru with the offer. The communication is bad also. I would like to suggest an area that logs history of payment. It is very hard to keep track of what jobs you are getting paid for. It just shows up on on the bank account but we need details.
Go to Top of Page

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
663 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2006 :  08:56:23 AM  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They sure don't seem to increase the tiny premium very fast. The one with a .10 premium here has been the same for two days. I usually take a couple at the regular fee and then pick up further locations with big bonuses. I won't drive miles for a fast food shop without a decent bonus for my time and travel expenses.

Deanna Kessler
Deannna.kessler@seelevelhx.com
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2006 :  09:50:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
when they reject..........it states that they will give you reason.
when I tried to sign for the job (which was only a $10 bonus)..and it rejected w/out a reason..........I emailed..........and that is when the fun began. Within 5 minutes of my enquiry the scheduler emailed me and assigned it W/O the bonus..and a different day then I wanted......I emailed again and told them I didn't appreciate them assigning it at $10 when it was posted at $20 and to cancel it. Never heard back......amazing that it was immediate to assign me and no response when I told them to cancel because of how they assigned it. HMMMMMMMMM
Then,,,,,,,they call me at work the next day and AGAIN.........I tell them I thought it was inappropriate the scheduler doing that and how the heck could she change the fee? This scheduler apologizes AND offers me the SAME job with now $20 bonus AND on the day I originally wanted it. I agreed.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Christina_C
Contributor

Portland, OR
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2006 :  7:58:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I took two shops the other day, with $10 bonuses each and the shops are quite honestly, totally cake. Easy money with the bonuses.

The new purchase and return shops pay $4 more for doing the return and I don't care if the employee thinks I'm weird because I'm returning batteries. Honestly. If they think I'm weird because I asked them about a cellphone, then bought some batteries or a cable then returned back and told them I don't need it because I just spoke with my husband and he already picked some up...well then, come on. I doubt they even care what I'm doing, and if they want to think I'm "silly", well then I hope they treat me squarely, because that's their job.

Same shop, but you go back in for a few minutes more at a rate of $4 for those few extra minutes. And if you take them at bonus..well then now that's a good deal :D

I've got a weird system for my shops. Places I don't mind being in in the first place, I can do a shop there and actually enjoy doing it. But stores I wouldn't venture into for $50 I just can't bring myself to do even at $50 without complaining to myself mentally until I finish.

I've found that if I like the store, I like the shop. If I hate the store, I have to get a darn good bonus or fee to even make myself do it. Does it come down to that for most everyone else?

MSPA GOLD Certified - Shopping the Portland Metro since 2001
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  03:20:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Regarding the purchase/return paying $4 more- I don't really see it that way. The total fee is $4 more, but the total you receive is only $1 more. Last time they paid for your purchase and now they don't. Even 'cake' takes time to do, and for $1 more it isn't worth it to me to wait around, go back, and make the return.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

TraceyF

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  07:12:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No reply from Michael regarding my payment (or lack of it). I did get an email from the company, saying that the money would be in my account on May 1st - no sign so far. I also got a call from them today begging me to take a shop with a $20 bous. I told them in no uncertain terms, that they could offer me a $100 bonus - if they don't actually pay, then it's pointless. I will let you know if the payment appears in my account...

Tracey
Go to Top of Page

Julie13
Valued Contributor

Spring Glen, New York
USA
108 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  11:08:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What link I use to sign up for this company?

I tried : www.gapbuster.com

but doesn`t work.

Any information about?
Thanks.

Ju
Go to Top of Page

TessaM

Northwest, IN
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  11:23:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The link worked for me. Are you having problems finding where to sign up? Or just having problems accessing the site entirely?

To sign up- first click on your language and then you get a new page. Scroll to the right and there should be a little icon asking for you to sign up.

Now silver certified: allufn
Go to Top of Page

Julie13
Valued Contributor

Spring Glen, New York
USA
108 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  11:41:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
the site.

It can't find the site.

Really weird, because I have no problems with all other sites.

Ju
Go to Top of Page

JoanneLcoq

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  06:08:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WAIT A SEC! You mean to tell me all the electronic shop purchases can be returned??... and you will still get paid the $3 reimbursement??
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums