PilarDeVillacis
Apprentice

Central NJ
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  06:17:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoanneLcoq

WAIT A SEC! You mean to tell me all the electronic shop purchases can be returned??... and you will still get paid the $3 reimbursement??
They are working now with a purchase/return scenario! They used to pay $11 ($8 fee + $3 reimb.) for the old scenario, but now that people have to return the purchase, they will pay you a $12 fee.
Go to Top of Page

ElizabethG
Valued Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  08:02:30 AM  Send ElizabethG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You may see reimbursement as part of a fee, but really they are separate things. Reimbursement is for a required purchase, and is not part of the fee. I keep these things separate in my accounting of my work as well. And no, if you are required to purchase an item for a shop it is typically expected by shopping companies that you will keep the item and not return it.

Gold Certified yysqi1
Shopping Chicago and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

TraceyF

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  10:29:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to update you...I finally got paid for the jobs I did on March 1st, 2nd, and 10th. The money was in my account today. I still feel like it's too much hassle for a $8 job, and will not be signing up for anymore.

Tracey
Go to Top of Page

Christina_C
Contributor

Portland, OR
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  10:42:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They had a notice up on their site that the April 30th payday was going to be delayed until May 1st. They make the deposit from their accounts on 5/1 and then it processes to your account the next day, May 2nd. That's why it took until today. :)

MSPA GOLD Certified - Shopping the Portland Metro since 2001
Go to Top of Page

JoanneLcoq

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  12:39:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS. I did my shop today and when I got home to webexpress it, the assignment was moved up a day. The day I requested it says today but I requested it yesterday and the job was for today but the assignment date says tomorrow. That probably why the time I put in is not accepted. What am I suppose to do. The inquiry dept. rarely gets back to me and if they do its several days after. Is Mike around to make a suggestion?? I cant go back tomrrow, its 12 miles away and not worth the giant bonus.LoL
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

CindyPetri

TX
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  12:57:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Calm down....take a deep breath...

When the calendar shows up, just click on the date that was assigned to you and it will change. (Remember that Australia is a day ahead.) What is the date on your paperword? It should be correct.

Make sure that you are inputing the time as they want it. Sometimes it is based on the 24 hour clock. Another time it will ask for the time based on a 12 hour clock...be sure to indicate AM or PM on these clocks.

Cindy
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

JoanneLcoq

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  1:56:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The date of the paper work says tomorrow 5/4/2006. I purposely chose 5/3 because I had an appointment in the area. What should I do?
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  7:12:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The printed out paperwork says 5/4??? Or just the WebExpress version?? Just clarifing here... If the printed paperwork says 5/4 the only option you have is to send them an inquiry and wait... I suspect they can adjust the shop date for you...

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  7:15:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just entered one from today and when I went in it showed the date as May 4 so I changed it to May 3 and it took okay. Have you done the shop and are at the entry stage??
Go to Top of Page

CindyPetri

TX
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  11:38:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Elizabeth...send an inquiry and wait. They will probably make the adjustment for you. Was this a self-assigned job or was it scheduled by phone? If it was scheduled by phone and you agreed on the day and date, then it is probably just a typo/clerical error that can be changed.

Always be sure to check your paperwork as soon as you get the assignment to check for questions you may have about the job or to verify the dates and agreed bonuses. If you find an error, contact them right away. If the assignment was phone scheduled, you should have received an email from the scheduler. This is the first person you should email right back when you find an error on paperwork (such as dates or bonuses). I found an error in my paperwork from a phone assigned job. The agreed bonus was left off of the paperwork so I quickly emailed the scheduler and she apologized and changed it right away.

I hope everything works out for you. Let us know what happens.

Cindy
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

JoanneLcoq

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  05:41:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Guys, Its all done. They said they would adjust the date for me. The other issue I had was the scenario. They never posted the inquired product for May. Aprils was the wireless. Evidently, May is the same even though it is not posted that way. It will not allow the report to go through unless you chose the correct scenario/inquiry the client wants. With a few e-mails back and forth during midnight, I got that resolved. I exhausted and I still dont think it is worth the few extra dollars of bonus. I felt so aggravated from this whole assignment, I may take a Gapbuster break for a while. LOL Thanks again all.
Go to Top of Page

FancyFran
Valued Contributor

South San Francisco, CA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  12:30:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michael, is there any recourse for me? Gapbuster won't pay me for past assignments and they won't respond to my E-mails regarding assignment #227830389 and 227830394. Is there anything I can do to recive payment? Carlos Mariosa has ignored my requests. I was promised big bonus amounts and payment last month.
Fran
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  9:22:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to update that my agreed upon large bonuses and all pay were in my account like clockwork a few days ago.

Fran- I hope everything works out ok for you. I will say that my paperwork showed the bonuses. If yours do, then I would keep plugging away. Obviously someone there agreed to the bonus if it is on the paperwork!

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Tracy Keller

West Falls, NY
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2006 :  08:45:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I self assigned an electronics shop at the end of last month. I scheduled it for tomorrow. In that time frame, my daughter was scheduled for in-patient tests (she is an 11 yo with a cardiac condition). The hospital scheduled these tests for tomorrow. Last week, I tried to reschedule or cancel this shop, becuase I need to be with my child. I used the enquiry link to send the request. I have not heard back, and still cannot do the assignment until later in the week. What do I do? I have had no response to my request or acknowledgement there of.

Tracy
Go to Top of Page

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2006 :  09:29:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The self-schedule shops can usually be rescheduled by visiting the 'my assignment' page and using the link next to the assignment. If that is not an option, you can only wait or try to get a hold of a phone number...

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Michael_GAP
Contributor

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  10:38:30 PM  Visit Michael_GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for allowing me to be involved in your Mystery Shopping forums here at Volition. I've learnt a lot about your interests, needs, and expectations and hopefully I've been able to pass back to you information that has helped your understanding as well.

Based on my involvement we have realised more than ever the importance and the scope of providing support through this forum and in recognition of that GAPbuster have asked Emily McAuley, our Shopper Management Co-coordinator to take an active role in this forum moving forward. As I have endeavoured to do in the past, Emily will review all related posts and provide information back through the forum and she will also be happy to receive your enquiries directly if you are having trouble reaching our Service Center. Emily's email address is emily.mcauley@gapbuster.com

I will still be around occasionally, but any emails should be directed to her address now.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences with me.

Good luck,

Michael

Kind Regards,
Michael Olivo
GAPbuster Worldwide

Email: Michael.Olivo@gapbuster.com
PLEASE ensure I am not your first port of call..
Also ensure you include your shopper code, assignment number(s) and any shop dates when emailing please!
Go to Top of Page

Karen Griffin
Apprentice

Lockport, IL
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  06:25:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I now see how frustrating it has been for many of you trying to contact anyone at Gapbusters. I did a shop for them on Saturday, it required a "complex order"(multiple items, with special orders) according to the paperwork. Sunday I received an email saying that my shop was rejected due to the fact that I ordered more than one item. I replied to that email immediately and then again after 24 hours. I also sent an enquiry, no response. Yesterday, around 1:30 pm (Australia time) I emailed Emily, still no response. They called me to take this shop and offered a good bonus. I had to spend a total of $18.54 on their behalf. I have done a complex order shop for them in the past so I don't know how the person in quality control would not know about them. I like working for Gapbusters and have never had a problem before now.

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

FancyFran
Valued Contributor

South San Francisco, CA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  07:14:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gapbuster will not pay me for assignments completed in March. I was assigned over the phone and promised big bonus amounts. They have ignored my e-mails for weeks. I only receive an automated reply. Does anyone have a phone number?
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  9:41:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to love Gap but not anymore. Their premium payments suck, they use to appreciate us but have figured it out to schedule 1 or 2 months ahead of time for a shop, which you can't even download the paperwork for until a few days ahead of time. The premium shops they offer now MIGHT be $12 for what used to be $40 or$50. They increase from .10 to .20 etc. What a slap in the face! There are too many other MS companies that pay more and respect us.

It was nice of Michael to finally be around. Now, they have a person designated to talk to us. Michael, were you just checking the site out and finding there were issues? You found out there were so, now Gap as a designated person to talk to us.

Still it is nice that there will be someone to try to make us feel better.
Thank you

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  02:31:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not that I don't understand and maybe agree with some of what is being said... But... Why is it wrong for GAP to schedule ahead (there are other companies that do this) and not offer bonuses. I have said it before, the companies caught on to what folks were doing. They saw that people were waiting for the huge bonuses and so they took steps to change that... They did not lower the fee... They offer the same shop for the same fee but without the bonuses and they offer them sooner... I just don't see what is so wrong with that... I think some of this is sour grapes on our parts that we got caught holding out on shops for large bonuses... Other companies that used to offer big bonuses have also backed off from that as well... We tried to outsmart them and they answered back...

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums