Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

LisaRose
Contributor

Ronkonkoma, NY
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  05:58:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michael (GAP) , I would gladly help you with the remainder of the outstanding jobs if you can ask someone to lift the block on how many i can take. I did 6 in May and now it seems I've reached the limit with that client. Not sure what the policy is if you still need someone to do the assignment, and I've reached the cap with them.
Lisa

Lisa Rose
Go to Top of Page

Karen Griffin
Apprentice

Lockport, IL
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  4:07:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am happy to post that I was contacted by Emily and then later by quality control. Everything has been straightened out and I will be paid.

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  8:29:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was never trying to out smart them. I took MANY jobs that they ask me to that were far away. With the gas prices, I find it insulting to offer 10 cents more. I like the work I have had with Gap, but, not for 10 or 20 cents more and that was my point. Especially when they would offer 10 or 20 dollars more!

Everyone complains about pay going down, I think this was a good forum and conversation. It was truthful and told what was going on with this company. We all can make choices and I choose to be choosey.......lol I will pick up a job now and then, (NOW) depending on my job schedule which pays much better. I have found better pay, more appreciative companies and doing alot of merchandising that I don't need their low pay.

Good Luck to All!

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  8:46:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree Arla. $10 for FF which requires DI and DT plus many timings is too low IMO. That is $5 for each evaluation.........doesn't even cover your gas PLUS the time to input the report.
I think 10 cent bonuses are ridiculous..........they should at least raise them a buck at a time. I have found MANY companies that are paying reasonable fees and choose to work for them. I will do a gapbuster shop FOR a reasonable bonus. They had one last month that was bonused $10....next day...$15...........then, they called and I offered to do it for $20 bonus..........they said, "SURE" so the low fees I assume Gapbuster is hoping will be taken by newbies......that is what Gap is counting on. (And the shop I took was not out in the boonies...it was 3 miles from my house and I live in a well populated area with many FF shops.)

So....all shoppers that want to do these for $10.40 or $10.60.......feel free.........but you are being underpaid for the amount of work involved. AND there are lots of other shops and companies that pay better!!!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  11:17:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
By the way, I just checked their site and didn't see ANY shops with 10 cent bonus. They are all $12..$14..$17....$20...and even a couple of $38 ones. The regular ones are $10. So perhaps, they realize bonusing at 10 cents is silly and they have stopped this.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

FancyFran
Valued Contributor

South San Francisco, CA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  6:11:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Has anyone had problems getting paid by Gapbuster because their bank "will not accept International deposits"? I find that a little hard to believe, but that is the excuse Gapbuster is handing me this week as to why I'm not being paid for past assignments. I did get a very courteous call from Emily, who seems to be trying to help, but I've heard nothing today. Gapbuster claims they made the deposit, my bank says "no way". Last year, I never got paid for an $8.00 assignment, but I let it go because the pay wasn't worth the work to get it. This time I AM getting paid, by hook or by crook. No pun intended.
Go to Top of Page

Renae in CA
Star Contributor

CA
USA
303 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  11:38:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Fran, I haven't had any issues with payment.

On one of my MS boards there was a posting from GapBusters that they have two new clients with lots of work coming up. The posting suggested getting the certifications done while waiting for the work to begin in June.

I went to the website to check and all I have are the same two that have been there. Any one else have others?

Renae
Living and shopping in the San Fernando Valley.
Silver Certified and Completely Certifiable!
Go to Top of Page

Julia Beth
Valued Contributor

OH
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  12:38:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Renae in CA
I went to the website to check and all I have are the same two that have been there. Any one else have others?
Renae,

I received the same email also. When I checked the website the new clients were not in my area either. Maybe they aren't listed on their site yet?

Silver Certified. Shopping southeast OH and Parkersburg, WV area.
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  6:15:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dar-L,

It depends on the dates the jobs were done. If you didn't get payment on the 15th, don't worry until after the 30th.

I have worked for them over a year and have always been paid. The timing of payments gets confusing at times but they always pay. Hope that helps.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

AzFlo

Tempe, AZ
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  7:12:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FancyFran

Has anyone had problems getting paid by Gapbuster because their bank "will not accept International deposits"?
I have not worked for GapBuster, but I do know that my bank uses a different routing number for wire transfers than the one printed on the bottom of my checks. That's for cleaning within the US ACH system. Flo

AzFlo
Go to Top of Page

Jill Shun
Trainee

Northern, CA
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  6:47:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had payment questions before and was told that shops done in the first half of the month would be paid on the 15th of the following month, and shops done in the second half of the month would be paid on the 30th of the following month. I was always paid on time.
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  8:37:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed a shop on 4/29 and was paid 5/12. I completed a shop on 3/26 and was paid 4/14. They have always paid on time. In the beginning, they didn't pay me on time but there was an issue with my bank info. DAR-L..........double check your bank info on their site and make sure it is right. If it isn't.........correct it and notify them. If it is........notify them. This way........you should be paid on the 30th if not sooner. I would not WAIT until the 30th to see.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

FancyFran
Valued Contributor

South San Francisco, CA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  1:47:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, my banking informtion was corrected some time ago. These are shops performed in March, so the 15th, 30th thing is not a consideration. The problem with Gapbuster is, (one of them, anyway) if your banking info is incorrect, they show they made a deposit. Trying to get paid for past due shops is a nightmare. They disputed my bonus amounts at one time on these assignments for which I have not been paid, and I wonder if this is the result? I actually got a call one early evening from an employee, with a heavy accent (not Emily) who said that she hoped everything had been straightened out, without leaving her name or an E-mail address! Talk about a kiss-off.
Go to Top of Page

.Emily Mc
Inactive

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
9 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  11:48:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I apologize for taking a little while to publicly introduce myself, I have been attending to your queries offline.

First of all, thank you for your interest in GAPbuster. Michael has done a great job working with you all and I look forward to continuing to support you in a similar manner. Iíve been watching this thread closely and thought it might help if I start by offering this advice:

1. Bank account details and payment processes.

Our payment process is fully automated and relies on accurate information for it to do its job.

In the USA a bank account number can have up to and including 17 digits. Therefore, though the account number a shopper may provide in 'My Profile' is correct, it may be incomplete. If your account number has 10 digits but you only enter 5 digits into 'My Profile' our payment system will not be able to automatically process the payment. If youíre unsure if your account details are correct and accurately entered, please speak with your bank or financial institution.

2. Restrictions on taking assignments.

For some of our clients there are specific regulations or 'rules' that prohibit a shopper from, for example, completing more than six assignments a month or shopping the same site in sequential months. This is to ensure the most objective results for the client, and to help protect the identity of the shopper.

3. New applications.

If you have applied but have not heard from us, or you have been given a shopper code but still can't log in, just send me an email and I will arrange for someone to contact you with all the necessary information regarding your application and/or account.

4. Communicating with GAPbuster.

If you are having trouble getting your emails answered, send your query through to me. If you include your shopper code, assignment number and a full description of your query and/or issue I will look into it personally or have someone contact you ASAP.

You can email me directly: emily.mcauley@gapbuster.com

I will be as responsive as possible but I appreciate your patience if volumes cause a delay in my response.

Kind Regards,
Emily McAuley
GAPbuster Worldwide
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  9:09:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you emily for coming on and making yourself available. It is greatly appreciated.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

AllysonMiami

Miami, Florida
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  09:32:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Send them a copy of your bank statement???!!!

I would be more likely to just do the shops for free!

Allyson

Allyson
Go to Top of Page

FancyFran
Valued Contributor

South San Francisco, CA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  6:32:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After a long period in April with no communication from GapBuster regarding my payments, I have finally been paid. I must say, the employees (Emily and Jeff) who called me from GapBuster were courteous, and they really seemed sincere. My banking numbers were imcomplete, but the payroll department at GapBuster showed that the deposit had been made, yet my bank didn't have it. I don't like that the bonus amounts were disputed, but I was paid yesterday in full and what I was promised. I have to say, they stayed on top of it until I was paid, and I got the impression they would make sure that deposit was made. Thank you Emily and Jeff for working to resolve this issue for me. I'll certainly work for them again!
Go to Top of Page

JoanneLcoq

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  12:00:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can someone please help me out with this issue. On a purchase return assignment, they would not give me the reciept. They insisted on keeping it. I insisted further that I wanted it and it was almost an argument. I then backed off and said sorry, I was thinking I used a credit card. I stopped insisting because it would give me up as a secret shopper so I walked out. I cant do the report with no reciept number and so on..... What should I do? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  7:47:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Joanne,
This is what I would do in that instance.Contact field supportand if they don't get back to you in the time frame you are given to submit receipt info, then enter all 00's. Send them another message explaining your actions, at least you will have fulfilled your responsibility. That is all I can think of to do. Hope that helps a little.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2006 :  09:11:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What kind of shop was it? If you paid by credit card they have to give you at least the credit slip copy and you could use that and explain to Gap your problem. If they won't reimburse you for it(GAP), then just dispute the amount with your credit card company.

The best cc to use for msing is AMEX, you can easily dispute items.

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums