Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

.KenInSac
Inactive

Sacramento, CA
USA
104 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2004 :  4:18:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I, too, received my first payment from GAPbuster last week, and it was also wired. Luckily, my bank doesn't charge a fee for incoming wires.

It wasn't easy to give them my bank information. There was no secure way to do it via the web that I could find (they suggested email - right!), so I phoned them and gave it to someone verbally. That worked, but it took a while (when I later checked, I was initially told they didn't have my bank information, but a few hours later, they emailed back to say they did have it after all).

They have only one type of shop in my area. It's pretty easy, as is the form, so I'll probably continue to do it once in a while.

Ken

Ken
MSPA Gold Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

JLindeman

San Diego, CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  10:08:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I emailed GAPbuster informing them I will no longer shop for them until they change their payment policy. I received an email back stating they will refund my wire transfer fees for April and for the shop I have next week. Starting in August, they will put the money directly into my account. I am impressed with how quickly they responded and that they are making up for the fees. I am once again a GAPbuster shopper. If you were charged a wire transfer fee, I recommend emailing them. They must have had quite the negative response because they are changing their payment policy.

Jennifer Lindeman
Gold Certified #etanhr
Go to Top of Page

Melanie_fromNC
Valued Contributor

NC
USA
231 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2004 :  04:08:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all
Just requesting a follow up:
I too, signed up with GAPbuster after receiving their recruiting email but I did not put my bank account info in the application process because of the insecure server. I put something like: "Will gladly provide when shops are available..." or something to that effect. I got that same email response mentioned earlier about 'it may take longer to schedule shops without your bank acct info', and I haven't heard anything back from them, so I'm wondering: Has anyone who signed up with them (who didn't give their bank info at signup) been offered any shops yet? (Maybe they don't have shops in my area yet)

If you have shopped for them in recent weeks, how was it? Are you pleased with the company? etc. etc.

Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

HollyNC
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, NC
USA
144 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2004 :  04:36:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently completed a shop for them without providing my bank account info. After reading here that some shoppers were being charged fees to receive payment, I e-mailed them and asked about it. In the response I received, they stated that they would reimburse any bank fees charged to shoppers.

I was impressed by the prompt & courteous reply I received from Gapbuster & would encourage any shoppers who have questions to drop them an e-mail.

MSPA Gold Certified

Shopping Wilmington, Carolina Beach, Wrightsville Beach, NC and Myrtle Beach, SC.
Go to Top of Page

Kathleen
Valued Contributor

Southeast Michigan
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2004 :  12:10:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up with Gapbuster on 3/31. I did not give them my bank account information because of the nonsecure site. I received an email from them on 6/18 saying I would soon be receiving the information I need to gain access to their website.

Kathleen
Merchandising & Shopping Southeast Michigan
MSPA GOLD Certified #adoiuc
Go to Top of Page

JasonD

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  7:06:47 PM  Visit JasonD's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I work as the Global XE (Field Force) Manager for GAPbuster. We have picked up on the issues relating to banking and payment. For this reason we are switching across to the PayPal system in the very near future. Please note that our application process has now been amended as well and all sensitive information is collected via a secure web site. Bank account details are no longer required.

Furthermore, we are set to introduce a payment system that processes payment within 24 hours of completion of your evaluation. Quality results will ensure that you receive payment within a matter of days!

This is one of the exciting developments we are making at the moment.

Many Thanks

Jason D'acosta
GAPbuster Worldwide
Go to Top of Page

Amelia
Valued Contributor

Gresham, Oregon
USA
103 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  10:22:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Jason, this is Amelia from Oregon. I signed up about a week ago. So now all you need to do is get some Oregon shops on the site.

Amelia
I'm certified! Silver #p0t0iz
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Valued Contributor

Tualatin, OR
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2004 :  10:00:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I spoke with Rachel at GAPbuster on the phone today. She said that after a number of shoppers had requested it - they are going to Pay Pal within the next few weeks. Gotta love a company that listens to their shoppers!
Melanie - when I applied with them (months ago), I entered "PayPal" in the spot for bank information. I was able to complete shops right away.

The schedulers are wonderful to work with!

Have fun!
Go to Top of Page

JimVan
Contributor

Oregon
USA
156 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2004 :  10:07:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree...lets see some Oregon shops! I hope that the big Fast Food shop you have in August will include some in my area.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

KFoy
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  01:07:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also signed up but no one has gotten back to me yet with a sign on name and password. Would love some shops here in SW Washington.

Katherine
Shopping SE Washington and Portland, OR, Gold Certified, SQM level 9 shopper
Go to Top of Page

WendyHowell
Trainee

Goldsworth Park, Woking, Surrey
United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  07:11:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We do work for them in the UK they are low payers although you can tender for jobs if they are urgent and double the fee its done by tender so the lowest tender wins this is paid on top of there standard fee, They run on Aussie time which may mean that as there clock is set diffrent it will not allow you to submit the brief as there clock is wrong, they do pay (even if it is very little) There male schedulers sound very nice

Wendy

No certificates no nothing here in the UK.
Go to Top of Page

Melanie_fromNC
Valued Contributor

NC
USA
231 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  8:48:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I (finally) got my acceptance email today! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo! I feel privedged and my life is complete!

Ok...I need to get out more...and work less. (But I really was excited!)
Go to Top of Page

Judy Proctor

Wilmington, NC
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2004 :  04:16:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hooray!!! I just received payment via Paypal!!! I guess they got all the bugs worked out!!!I hope they have more shops in my area.
Go to Top of Page

JLyles2

Maryland
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2004 :  05:40:13 AM  Send JLyles2 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm really glad that Gapbusters listened to the shoppers. I completed a shop for them last Thursday and just received payment via Paypal today.
Go to Top of Page

Mazie
Star Contributor

Forest Grove, OR
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2004 :  09:47:26 AM  Visit Mazie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recieved my payment today. The thing I love most about Gapbuster is the personal attention you recieve. The schedulers call me the day before my assignment to remind me of it, and they make sure I don't have any questions about the scenario. They are super friendly and I always love to hear that Australian accent over the phone!

Gold Certified shopper, editor, editor trainer.
Shopping the Portland Metro area, willing to travel.
Go to Top of Page

.KristaB
Contributor

Wallagrass, WA
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  2:26:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else receive payment for August 1-12 shops? I received mine last night, and it was short by more than $35, and not even enough to cover the posted shop fee and reimbursement. I was also promised a travel fee (this was a rural-ish location) and an additional incentive on top of the "$10 bonus for your first shop" one because of their technical difficulties--I entered my shop right when I got home, and I received a call that night telling me I hadn't entered it, even though the computer said I had. I had to give all of the shop details to them over the phone...and then I finally received a confirmation that my shop had been "received" 10 days after I had entered it online.

I emailed them, and of course I've received no response. They don't seem to care at all about email correspondence. I have one more shop scheduled with them for this month, which I will be canceling if I don't hear back from them.

This is all way too big of a hassle for a fast food shop.

Krista
MSPA Silver certified
Shopping Spokane, WA and vicinity
Go to Top of Page

JuliannRose

Bellevue, WA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  2:41:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi there - Yes, I received my payment for an Aug. 6 shop but it was missing the $10 promised bonus. I also emailed them and have heard NOTHING. Hopefully they will respond soon!

Communication. Creativity. Commitment.
Results. Respect.

Silver Certified, Shopping the beautiful Puget Sound
Go to Top of Page

KFoy
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  2:50:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first shop with GapBusters August 6th. I had one timing wrong which they called to verify the next day. I got paid via Paypal August 12th. I got not only my fee and reimbursement but the bonus too. That is fantastic in my book. I also emailed them some questions about another shop I'm doing today and they called the next day. So far I am very pleased with GApBusters and will do all the shops I can for them.

Katherine
Shopping SE Washington and Portland, OR, Gold Certified, SQM level 9 shopper
Go to Top of Page

DanlynClark

Puyallup, WA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  6:13:15 PM  Send DanlynClark an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was impressed with the fast Paypal payment from GapBuster. However, I didn't get the $10 bonus that was promised on my first assignment. But as far as the other fees and reimbursements, those were correct.
I really like this company.
Lyn

*Silver Certified*
Shopping Western Washington: Puyallup, Tacoma, Seattle, Olympia, and surrounding areas.
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  4:20:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had no problems at all with any of my shops or getting the bonus promised. I even did an emergency shop due to a last minute cancellation by another shopper. I get a call it seems from just one scheduler and I love to hear from him, he has a way of making my day. I will help them out any time they need it if I can. I think they are the greatest and fastest on payment to boot.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums