Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Min

Portland, OR
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  10:12:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am supposed to do a shop requiring shipping a package. The instructions do not include an address to ship the package to. I haven't been able to get an answer from Gapbusters enquiry site. Any help in how I can reach them to get an answer or does anybody else have this problem?

Thanks, Min
Go to Top of Page

Maria111
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  1:28:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are you sure it isn't on the instructions for your shop. I went to webexpress, put the number for my shop and asked for the instructions. Right on the first page is listed whom to send it to. I don't know if we are all sending to the same address or I would give it to you. What does frustrate me though is that I can never print those pages out. I only get the first page. It is a weird system they use. I don't have that problem with any other company.
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  1:35:22 PM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first two jobs for them last week. The shops were easy, the forms were easy, the pay wasn't great, but one location was just a few blocks from my house, and the other was next to the grocery store I needed to shop at the same time. But I will say, I hate hate hate their website. Too many steps to go through to do the easiest tasks. The sooner they change it, the better.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  1:50:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree about how fustrating their website is! It tells me the assignment number is invalid and my time in and out are wrong, when it wasn't. After I double and triple checked and I was 110% it was right. I went for a cup of coffee and came back to click next, and it went through - without any changes. Another shop was closed for remodeling, and I sent two enquires and never heard back. There is not a single phone number on their website.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Min

Portland, OR
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  2:12:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got a reply from the company with the address. I double checked my paperwork again after reading your response and there wasn't any address on my papers. I sure was glad to finally hear back from Gapbusters, 5 shops is a lot to mess up.
Go to Top of Page

Dawnsie
Apprentice

Hicksville, New York
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  6:05:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone completed the Service (copy assignment)? There is really no information as to what they will reimburse up to. It seems that by making just one set of the 5 page printed copy (if I printed this one copy already, why would I have just not printed a second set) we will be flagged as a Mystery Shopper. I know we have to also have the copy bound, but it still seems like a flagged shop.

Dawn - Long Island NY
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  7:11:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dawnsie, I did the copy assignment. The 5 copies cost just under $3 in my area. The center I was at, doesn't bound (surprise to me!), but she recommended a place down the street. The clerk did not think it was weird of me to have copies made, so you are not really "tagged."

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Jackie Co
Valued Contributor

West Hartford, CT
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  7:42:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the copy assignment and asked them to bind the copies. The total came to $12 which I thought was high. There is no reimbursement amount on the assignment. Has anyone else completed the copy scenerio?

Jackie in CT
MPSA Gold Certfied
MSPA Shopper Panelist Washington, D.C.
Go to Top of Page

HughS
Apprentice

Scotch Plains, NJ
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  5:46:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up with them about 3 weeks ago and have done around 6 shops for them so far, all of them COMPANY NAME. They seem pretty good so far, except that their site is a pain to navigate at 1st. They seem to have a fair amount of work, at least on the east coast.
Go to Top of Page

Cici
Contributor

Cabot, Arkansas
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  8:34:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wondering, how does everyone feel about the pay schedule/ I did my first shops for them last month, and just wondering when i should be expecting to be here.

Cecilia Cunningham
Professional Shopper
Silver certified #hefbqf
Go to Top of Page

KathyBee

CA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  9:28:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ValricoConnie

I agree about how fustrating their website is!
I should be so lucky! I am doing the shipping shop, and it won't accept my tracking number, so I am stuck!! I tried to get up for coffee, but no luck! Now, I am waiting, waiting, waiting, for a reply to my "enquiry." Hopefully, I don't get dinged for this.

I agree with what has been said in that the pay is low, but the shops are easy. I feel as though the money is somewhat reasonable for the small amount of work that is required.

ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is for FEEDBACK on the company only. Please post website issues to the area titled Website, Email, Fax & Phone Problems

Happily shopping the East Bay, Northern CA
MSPA Silver Certified #me5dmo
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  10:24:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My one and only complaint with this company is their website. I kept hearing it was getting an overhaul - but have yet to see any changes. It is cluttered, repetitive and frustrating.

I think the pay is good for the amount of work required, and they pay like clockwork.

L.K. Eells
Shopping the Greater Northwest
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

MichelleHart
Trainee

Schererville, IN
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  12:09:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I had the same problem with the tracking number not taking. I emailed customer support and a wonderful lady from Australia called me at home! We went through the whole thing together and guess what? She couldn't get it to take either. Turned out that the number the system wants is the Parcel Shipping Order Number. It's the number on the yellow form that you had to fill out at the store. Apparently the company is having big problems with this shop. I was supposed to have another one on the 18th but I got an email saying that I need to reschedule it for August!

Michelle
Go to Top of Page

Gina-Renee
Apprentice

DeWitt, New York
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  08:17:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done several shops for GAPbuster. I completed a shop on June 24th and was paid today.

Mystery Shopping in Syracuse!!
Go to Top of Page

Maryl T

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  2:43:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I tearing my hair out trying to get the tracking number to take. The form asks for both tracking and shipping order #s. Did 2 today, first one with 18 digit tracking, no problem. The second has 12 digits. Tried combining them, Nothing works. Have another appointment and can't wait for customer response. Do I kiss $22 goodbye?
Go to Top of Page

KellyH
Star Contributor

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  10:45:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HAVING WEBSITE PROBLEMS? Go to the Website Problem section under Volition!

Hey Guys, I've watched person after person have problems with GAPBuster's site. I've posted a few times what to do with the shipping shops. However, Volition Admin has deleted the answers. Go to the Website Problem and get answers.

I know, you've never noticed that existed. Me neither, but that's where you'll find an answer.

Good luck to everyone! Thanks Admin, for keeping this forum straight!

MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Maryl T

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  11:04:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
here's the answer I received from Gapbuster help desk. Just add zeros to the beginning of the tracking #. I feel much better now.
Go to Top of Page

CaryCC

TX
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  9:59:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had trouble getting accepted as a shopper for GAPBuster?? I've been shopping for several months now and I believe this is the last major company that I have not been accepted by. I know it isn't because they have PLENTY of shoppers because there aren't tons of shoppers here. The only answer I have gotten from the company is that maybe it is a past employer, but that doesn't make much sense. I already shop for the company that does the mystery shops for my current employer and the one employer that GAPBuster mentioned to me specifically as disqualifying me I have never worked for. I'd just like a chance to work for this company.

Does anyone have any ideas, advice, or experience on this matter? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

LauraLinDover
Star Contributor

Dover, NH
USA
1202 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  1:07:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WOW!!!!
Now this is the way a company should be!
yesterday I got a notice that they had messed up some of the payments and that not all the reimbursements had been included and I was one of the affected shoppers.
They apologized profusely and said a special payment would be sent out.
Today I got another email from them, apologizing again, and saying since I had been inconvenienced, they were adding a $2 bonus!
To tell the truth I hadn't even noticed, and the amount I was shorted? $1.45
Bravo GAP buster!

Laura
Happily Shopping the seacoast of NH, Southern ME and extreme Northeastern MA
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Stephanie A. Moore

Knoxville, Tennessee
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  3:32:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree that it is a very nice gesture on behalf of GapBuster to award shoppers an extra $2 for their inconvenience. I have received 2 of these emails since yesterday and instead of being happy am ready to pull my hair out. I have completed a total of three shops for them, the first being a cell phone shop that did not require a purchase. I was promptly paid on July 31st for this assignment. In addition, later in the month I completed 2 service/copying jobs. Marveling at my often comical misfortune, I was advised by the only associate in one of these shops that they could do absolutely no copying jobs, not even from their own computers! The associate had never seen a thumb drive and wanted to know what it was and if I had been able to have printing jobs done before at other stores. Ok, the guidelines didn't cover this scenario, so I finished the shop, asking about shipping an odd size item and left. I debated buying a box to get a receipt, but didn't as the guidelines didn't address if I could make another purchase. No brochures were available either. I reported all of this to GapBuster and foolishly assumed that it would be ok. This shop was rejected. I have sent two enquiries asking for clarification and questioning why I would not be paid when the printing capacities of this store were beyond my control. I have received no response, only the emails about messed up payments. I have read the posts and it seems as if many of you have had good response when issues arise and I'm trying to be positive. I mean, hey, they are actually paying, not sending out cold checks.
Any suggestions? Also, has anyone shopped this type of store and not been able to complete the print job? I would like to think that with the payment fiasco, they are busy in responding to enquiries. My first enquiry was sent 7 days ago.

Stephanie
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums