Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

BrendaWells

Houston, Texas
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  5:55:56 PM  Send BrendaWells an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I shop GapBusters frequently! this Company pays good! I have found deposit in my account when I was not looking for a payment!

Brenda Wells
MSPA Silver # 9jrcfn
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  7:00:46 PM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got an interesting email from Gapbuster. It stated that in order to be paid for my recent shops, they needed my bank account information. I logged onto their website to see if they had my account information, and they did not. What's strange about this? I did the shops on July 3, and I'm just now being notified that I haven't been paid. My bad for not paying attention to who pays me when, but their BIG bad for not paying in a timely manner.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  7:09:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I find they pay extremely fast. Perhaps you got notified before and their message to you went into the trash automatically as spam. I find the money in my account usually within 3 weeks of doing the job.
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  8:39:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also just got a similar email from GAPbuster telling me that the deposit was rejected by my bank. I checked the routing number and the bank account number on the GAP site and they are both correct. I use the same bank account for other mystery shop payments and have never had a problem before. I don't understand what is happening here.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

SheilaW
Star Contributor

Fairfield, CA
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  9:25:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ken - check with your bank. They should be able to tell you why they rejected it.
Good luck.

Sheila, NoCal
Proudly shopping Solano County including Travis AFB.
Gold Certified.
Go to Top of Page

LesleeOH

OH
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  08:12:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ken,

I have this exact same problem. I also checked my profile and the bank numbers are exactly correct. I just called my bank and they said that there has been no attempt from GAPBuster to deposit my payment! Yikes. Next step, guess I will be contacting GAPBuster to find out what is going on. Unfortuntately, they do not have a contact phone number. All contact is via email only.

LesleeOH
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  09:17:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am wondering if the email was some sort of phishing attempt. I just sent an email to Suzan of GAP to see if she can let us know what is happening here.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Valleri

AZ
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  09:26:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought the same thing, but when I clicked on the link and then opened another window with my usual login page, the addresses matched exactly. Not sure what's going on.

Valleri
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Donna K
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  09:36:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm a HUGE fan of GAPbuster. They are the only company I know of that pays twice a month. They recently added a new feature where they notify you of payment processing via email, so you know how much you're being paid, and for which shops. They had a problem with the first round of notifications in October, as they were for the wrong time period. They quickly notified me of the error, however. I'm wondering if they are having some growing pains as they improve their payment processing system, which could account for the rejected deposits some shoppers have experienced.

I do know they are a first class organization, as well as a very large one (international). If you have a problem, just let them know. I have no doubt someone will respond and make things right as quickly as possible. They've helped me out more than once!
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  12:32:51 PM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I pulled up the website, not from the email, but from IE. I had not entered my bank account information, or at least it showed that I didn't. I honestly don't remember. I wondered if it was a phishing attempt. Trust me, no one would get much out of my bank account. Has anyone heard back from Gapbuster about this?

I did check my bank account, and it doesn't appear that I was paid by them. I guess I should have kept track. I usually do, but for a couple of months, I worked another job, I was job hunting before that, and in between, I sprained my ankle.

I think I'll send them an email as well. These are the only shops I've done with them. I find their website so difficult to use that I rarely even look at it. And the shops don't pay a lot, although there are plenty of electronic shops nearby.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  3:40:27 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

The payment notification email is part of a new initiative that provides you with on-going information about your GAPbuster payments.

You will receive this email each time payments are processed into your account.

KenASch – Please check with your bank institute to confirm that

1. they accept payments from international funds
2. that they are not a Credit Union.

Credit unions’ do not accept payments from GAP and some institutes do not accept deposits from an international fund. Even though you’ve entered the correct bank details, payments can still be rejected if your institute fall under one of the above categories.

KimG – GAP would have definitely tried to notify you in the past about your outstanding payments. Once a payment is rejected, we continue to make an attempt to pay you. A rejected payment is automatically included in each payment run. If a shopper decides to update/change or provide their bank details, then the payment will be included and processed automatically in the following payment period.

LesleeOH - Credit unions and all banks that do not accept payments from international funds automatically reject payments and an actual attempt to process the payment cannot be made. Therefore your bank will not have a record of us trying to process a payment. Please check with your bank institute to confirm that they accept payments form international funds or that they are not a Credit Union.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com
http://www.gapbuster.com/xec/
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50246 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  3:54:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't work for this company because of what I perceive as communication problems and the fact that they are in Australia which in itself creates communication problems, but I have some questions.

Is the fact that credit unions and some banks don't accept international funds found anywhere on GAP's website? Why is this problem just surfacing now?

How does GAP intend to pay the people who did jobs and their bank won't accept these international funds?

Donna, there are several companies that I know of that pay twice a month and one that I know of that pays weekly.
Go to Top of Page

Marina Bell
Apprentice

El Dorado, KS
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  5:58:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is the one and only company that I have shopped for so far. I had absolutely no trouble with anything. I was so excited to get my notice of payment. Ill be signin up for more jobs, Thanks GAPbuster.

Marina Emmons
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  6:03:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am a member of a credit union and Gapbuster has always sent my payment to the credit union- never a problem.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  6:27:37 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The shoppers affected by the credit union accounts, or other types of accounts that reject payments from international funds, are being dealt case by case. We are finding solutions (such as other payment methods) for these individual shoppers.

We will increase awareness and visibility of GAPbuster’s payment methods throughout our website, as well as send payment notification emails.

We have taken the initiative to help overcome payment issues, by implementing these new payment emails. We also identify shoppers with incorrect bank details (or anything else that could result in a payment issue) and then work with the shopper to find a solution.

We want to help shoppers understand the way in which payments are processed and give shoppers visibility of their payment history for each month.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  4:33:20 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JanB27

I am a member of a credit union and Gapbuster has always sent my payment to the credit union- never a problem.
GAPbuster processes shoppers’ payments directly through a national payment house in America. One out of ten shoppers that are members of a credit union are recognised. JanB27 - you are definitely one of the lucky ones that have been recognised by the National Clearing House. Unfortunately a majority of credit union members experience a complication with their payment.

We are currently working on improving our payment system to overcome these small problems.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
Go to Top of Page

CareyH
Apprentice

Longmont, CO
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  5:18:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am registered with Gapbuster. On a weekly basis, they email me shops that are within a 50 mile radius. Before I can accept any of these shops, I must complete a training module on-line. Right now my computer crashes everytime I attempt to train. Gapbuster did call and recruit me for a $25 shop that I completed with their support, and it didn't require online training. They were very accesible, and consistent from start to finish. I haven't recieved my pay yet, but it has just been a week. I would like to do more with them, but will have to get some work done on my computer first.
Go to Top of Page

CindyPetri

TX
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  8:36:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also use a credit union without a problem.

Cindy
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  11:02:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I called my bank and they do not have a record of a deposit being rejected. This is a bank and not a credit union. I use this bank for my other mystery shop companies' payments and at least one other mystery company is international so that can't be the problem. I am wondering if the problem is on GAPBuster's end.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  11:05:32 AM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just sent an email to my bank. I also shop for Service Intelligence, and they are based in Canada. They direct deposit at the end of each month consistently, so I've never had a problem. I bank with Bank of America, and if anyone would accept an international payment, it should be them. It's not like they're Fred's Bank or anything. I assume the issue is with Gapbuster. Thank goodness they sent the email, but I'm more than a little po'd that it took such a long time. I would really ike to be paid. Why don't they use Paypal if this is such a problem for them?

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.37 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums