Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Janice Z

Indiana
USA
47 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  7:22:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did several shops earlier this year for Gapbusters and had a hard time getting paid. I had the right bank info, but the problem was, I was using a savings account. After several emails and talking to Susan here, I learned Gapbusters does not deposit into savings accounts. I was finally paid via other means. I get a call every two weeks or so now from a scheduler wanting me to do shops, but I can't because I do not have a checking account, and they don't use paypal, or mail checks.

I wish they would change the way they paid, I really liked doing shops for them!

Janice
Go to Top of Page

Gary_Shopper345

WI
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  9:58:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Janice Z

I get a call every two weeks or so now from a scheduler wanting me to do shops, but I can't because I do not have a checking account, and they don't use paypal, or mail checks.
Or....you could get a checking account.

I'm surprised you haven't run ito it with other companies.

If you can't find a local bank that offers free checking you should be able to search for a few on-line.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  10:00:02 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't even imagine living without a checking account.
Go to Top of Page

Janice Z

Indiana
USA
47 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  09:03:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I shop for several companies and edit for one. I get paypal payments, saving account direct deposits and checks mailed. Gapbusters is the only one I have had problems with. It is a long ugly story why I don't have a checking account, but life is much happier with just a savings account!

Janice
Go to Top of Page

SheilaW
Star Contributor

Fairfield, CA
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  10:02:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have an account at a credit union.
I get my payments from Gapbuster with no problem.

Sheila, NoCal
Proudly shopping Solano County including Travis AFB.
Gold Certified.
Go to Top of Page

ElizabethG
Valued Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  11:35:28 AM  Send ElizabethG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Excuse my ignorance, please... but how does a person pay bills without a checking account?

Gold Certified yysqi1
Shopping Chicago and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

Janice Z

Indiana
USA
47 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  6:03:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in a tiny town so I can go to the utility companie and pay with cash, and keep my receipts I send money orders for things I can't pay with cash, or money is ACHed out of my savings account. I don't have credit cards either. No debt. When the money is gone, it is gone.

My kids are learning to budget and know when I say we can't, that we can't. They don't think I can go to the magic money machine, put in a card and get money, or give Wal-Mart a piece of paper and get stuff. Eventually we will have a checking account, we are saving to buy a house and will need one. But for now, this works for us!

Janice
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  09:35:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As I posted earlier, GAPbuster reported to me that my payment was rejected by my bank. I use Principal, which is an online bank and I have a checking account. It is not a credit union. I have received payments from many Mystery Shop companies into this account, and at least one of them is international (Canada). I still think the problem is on GAPbuster's end and I am waiting for a direct answer from them. I have emailed them twice.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

LucindaLNF
Apprentice

Santa Rosa, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  2:44:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done many jobs for GapBusters. They always pay on time. One time they messed up and did not reimberse for a purchase. They not only notified me, they paid me $2.00 extra for the inconvienence.
Lucinda
Go to Top of Page

Maryl T

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  10:42:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think the problem is on Gapbuster's end too. First they told me I couldn't use a credit union. OK. i figured I missed that somewhere. Then I added a checking account. Received an email that payment failed. Went back and cheked that. They had numbers that didn't look anything like my account. Correcte again. Still waiting.
Mary
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  12:41:40 PM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The reply from my bank was that no deposit had been attempted by Gapbuster, so I have to contact them and try to get paid my meager $22 that is more than 4 months past due. Wish I could charge them a late fee.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

LesleeOH

OH
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  12:42:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As reported previously, I received one of the emails from GAPBuster about my payment being rejected by my bank. So I went into my profile to update my bank account information. Then I received a second notice about my bank rejecting the payment. I called my bank and they said that no payment had been attempted. I did get a reply back from Suzan explaining that they did not have my bank information the first time. So I wanted to report that I finally received my direct deposit today into my bank account. For those of you who tried to contact GAPBuster about payment problems via the "enquiry" link on the website, I wanted to let you know that I did not get a reply either. I had to email Suzan directly. Good luck!

LesleeOH
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  1:27:03 PM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I contacted them via the Enquiry link, I did get a reply, and my payment showed up last night. Not sure why it took them so long to contact me, but at least I got paid.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  7:20:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have also now received my payment in my bank account as a direct deposit.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

MellyH
Apprentice

Findlay, OH
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  3:38:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had many shops with this company and have never had a problem, until recently. I have never had a problem with payment.

I just did 2 special shops for this company. They sent me a special link to turn in my results and I turned in my results well within the time required. I then had a phone call a day later telling me I never turned in my assignments. I explained I had turned them in through the special link I was provided. The lady I spoke to explained they must have had a malfunction and had to take all my results again for both shops. Luckily each shop only had 10 questions, but I am happy I save all results!
I would just suggest if you have a special shop with them where you need to fill out a different exaluation than normal to save your results in case this happens again.
Ok, this has gotten outragous and very frustrating! They just called me again to tell me they must have misplaced the results AGAIN! I am really starting to wonder what in the world is going on with them. The girl who I just spoke to said maybe it is happening because it was a test? A test? That is a little wierd to be tested after working with them for months. And their test is this unreliable I think I would find a better way to test people.

Melly
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  8:12:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with Gap for 2 years and have a Credit Union account and have never had a problem.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

JoanneLcoq

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  11:22:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know what ever happened to nice bonuses Gapbuster use to offer for R.S. I have done them in the past and now I feel its just not worth it. Any thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

KatieW

Kingwood, TX
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  12:09:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They'd add bonuses to shops that went untaken, to get them done before the end of the month. In my area, shops are now gone very quickly, before they get old enough to even think of starting to bonus them. I guess there was an increase in hungry shoppers!
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  3:27:43 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
We generally attach incentives to some unpopular assignments, to encourage shoppers to accept and complete the assignment.

We also have great promotions, where we give shoppers the chance to win some great prizes & bonuses.

Donít forget to look out for our promoís each month, because even if you donít find assignments that have a bonus attached, you can still pick up a great bonus or prize at the end of the month when youíre a regular shopper with GAPbuster.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com
http://www.gapbuster.com/xec/
Go to Top of Page

Randi H
Star Contributor

Orange, Virginia
USA
931 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2006 :  09:47:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On the bonuses..HAHA What a joke. I picked up an assignment that got bonused, did it and submitted everything fine. So I go to look few days later at my assignments and it shows the regular shop fee. I email them and finally get an answer and they say it was a problem on their end but it has been corrected and I will paid as per stated. So I look again, nothing changed under my assignments, but lo and behold now there is a job that says I rejected/cancelled it that I DID NOT accept. So I email again going this is not even from an area I look up jobs for. Email back we took it off, our end again. Well it is still there today and to top it off.. I got a direct deposit payment today (to my savings account, which worked fine for me btw) and NO BONUS just the regular fee + reimbursement. Course I have emailed them, but it will be a week before I get an answer to it. This was the first and last shop I will do with them. To look at my assignments looks bad as though I took a shop and then cancelled it and then payment isn't even correct. I will keep you posted if they reply.

Randi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums