Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Carla H

Wentzville, MO
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2006 :  10:40:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have mystery shopped for Gapbuster since April 06. They are a very good company to work for. They ask for your bank account number because they deposit your payment directly into your account. They will pay within a month of completing your shop. However, I was doing 4 - 6 shops per month until October. They have stopped posting shops in Missouri. I have contacted them about this and they have told me they added new shoppers. They also told me new shops will be added within one week. But they did not give me a direct answer as to why the available shops have slowed down so much in MO.
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2006 :  4:57:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just had my first GapBuster payday. Payment came just as expected for a shop I did on Nov. 27. Also, they called me tonight to offer me a few more shops, and upped the price dramatically. That was my first call from a scheduler since I started MSing in October. Yay!

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page

Randi H
Star Contributor

Orange, Virginia
USA
931 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  09:01:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just a follow up, I finally did hear from them and they stated I was correct I should of received a bonus fee on top of the regular fee. They apologize and I will be paid on Jan 15th. Now their site says they pay on the 15th and 30th, so guess they making me wait another month for it now. Oh well, live and learn, least they did acknowledge I am owed more. But I question any company who clearly posted it as part of the fee (had total fee listed when I accepted it) and then it all changes by time it gets to be paid. Needless to say this was first and last one I do for them. Not to be discouraged though, one bad apple out of all the ones I have dealt with that do pay right I will just keep using the others. Good luck to the rest of you who decide to use them.

Word of advice, check under My assignments and see what the fee listed is and get it on it immediately if it doesn't match your records. That is how I found mine in the first place, but even after telling me they corrected it, they didn't.

Randi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2006 :  5:31:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shopped for Gapbuster for a year now and really like them. However, I have noticed that they haven't had any shops in my state for about a month now. Maybe they've lost a client? I hope they get more shops here.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Middle TN & Beyond
Someday my Spa Shop will come!
Go to Top of Page

Bryan in Tacoma

Tacoma, WA
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  10:04:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also donít have any shops in my state either. I really did enjoy working for them, they pay fast and the forms are really easy. Maybe someone from GAP will read this board and let us know whatís going on.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Randi H
Star Contributor

Orange, Virginia
USA
931 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  09:42:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I retract what I said. Although they had told me the bonus I was due would be on the Jan 15th deposit, I looked and it was deposited today. So they did take care of this quickly (the next pay date they had) and they did honor it. I was slightly worried since that was the first time I had dealt with them. So I take back my other posts and admit I am a dummy. I will add them back to my list, although I do not see any listed for my state anymore. Just wanted to follow up and let everyone know the status.

Randi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Carla H

Wentzville, MO
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  11:14:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gapbuster has not offered any shops in Missouri since November. I e-mailed them and they told me they would post some in 2 weeks. However, it's been a month and nothing yet. I don't know what's happening with them.

Carla Houghton
Go to Top of Page

Carla H

Wentzville, MO
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  1:54:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recieved notice from Gapbuster. They said the shops have slowed down by half because of the holidays. They expect to start posting more shops in January.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Krieger
Star Contributor

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  3:26:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've haven't seen any shops posted from them lately too. I haven't done an assignment for them since July. I have enjoyed working for them.
Go to Top of Page

MichaelinNH
Star Contributor

New Hampshire
USA
488 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  3:56:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They keep changing date on new selection system for their website. I am looking forward to having fewer clicks to try and select a job. The selection, place in basket, buy basket, etc. system can have a novice thinking they have selected a job and possibly been assigned to it, but until you follow through on that last step it is just a request. The feedback the few times I have had questions has been very quick. They only have one electronics store in the two states I shop, but the form was made easier and it is a straight forward shop. Now if they would just alter the same 4 scenarios it would be perfect.

MSPA Gold 8/9/2006 MSPA Silver 6/23/2007
Video Shopper Certified 6/9/2011 NV Workcard R-061144. Shopping 50 States, Puerto Rico & Canada.
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  4:33:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had the chance to view the new job search screen one night. They had it available for about an hour. I hope they streamlined it some because it was even more difficult to locate shops than the current system. I had to go through twice as many screens and it was kind of confusing.
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  5:04:27 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a wonderful new year!

Jobs did slow down over the Christmas and New Years break however they should definitely start picking up this month.

Please email me with the areas that have not had any jobs available for more than 4 months, so I can have a look to see why this may be.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com
http://www.gapbuster.com/xec/
Go to Top of Page

KarenS
Valued Contributor

Arizona
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  6:41:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm getting very close to firing Gapbuster. I've only been shopping for them for 8 months but they're on their third strike with me. I've been working for other companies, doing 20 shops a month with one of them, and haven't come close to the problems I've had with Gapbuster.

It appears that they don't have procedures and processes in place to handle the volume of shops for the fast-food client they handle. Often there are mistakes in their forms for reporting shops. And their system for handling e-mail "enquires" is quite primitive. I've only received answers to about 50% of the e-mails I've sent. And then when I finally get an answer, it's some kind of form letter that doesn't apply to the specific problem. I'm up to 9 e-mails at this point trying to get paid for a recent shop.

Maybe it only takes me 30 minutes to do the shop and 20 minutes to enter the report. But the hours I waste trying to get them to fix their problems or to pay me makes the shops unprofitable. At this point, I'm hoping that their fast-food client is dissatisfied and that they'll move to another company soon.
Go to Top of Page

Jackie Co
Valued Contributor

West Hartford, CT
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  10:04:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am glad I found this posting. I too was wondering what happened to the electronic shops that I have been doing the past year. They usually post them a month in advance and I have been checking everyday and there are no postings available in my state. GAPbuster is a great company to work for and they pay like clock work. I hope to see more shops posted in the near future.

Jackie in CT
MPSA Gold Certfied
MSPA Shopper Panelist Washington, D.C.
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  6:47:25 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

Please take note that both electrical and postal assignments are not currently available on WebSelect.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Look out for further postings regarding assignments in the near future.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  8:40:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not seen ANY job postings for Florida in a month. Am I doing something wrong?

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

SherryDG
Star Contributor

Chicago Burbs, IL
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  05:18:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So glad to see Ms Suzan here from the Gap

I am in urgent need of some help on an order I have
due Wed. I've sent 2 e-mails (only just recently so
this is not any kind of negativity on the company).

If I weren't so dim, I wouldn't need the help

If you (or anyone) can e-mail me with a contact phone
number or a good e-mail addy besides the main one I
using I would appreciate it.

PS If needed I can call anywhere in the continental US.

SherryDG
MSPA Silver
Happily shopping the Chicagoland area
Go to Top of Page

Bryan in Tacoma

Tacoma, WA
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  09:06:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Sherry,

If you donít mine telling us the problem, maybe some of us here on the board can help you. I too, had a major problem with one of their shops not being at the address they said, and it took over a week to get all straightened out. Keep in mind, that the company is based in Australia, so the time issue does seem to have an effect on a timely response.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  2:46:09 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
SheeryDG

Unfortunately a contact telephone number in not available given that we are located in Australia, as Bryan in Tacoma has mentioned.

Please email me directly at suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com with any enquiries and I will look into the matter personally. Please include your shopper code and any relevant details such as assignment numbers, dates and times in all correspondence.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
Go to Top of Page

SherryDG
Star Contributor

Chicago Burbs, IL
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  7:18:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mr Bryan, you are a dear,
I wasn't sure how much I could get into on the forum
with the IC agreement. I knew they are located in
Australia, but I thought I read somewhere that they
had several offices in the US-like Oak Brook, IL.
In the back of my mind I thought there would be a
US number that I could call.

Ms Suzan I am very impressed that you are monitoring
the list and have helped on so many of the postings.
I'm jotting down your addy for the future and will
definitely e-mail you if I need help.

To let you both know, I received an e-mail from Ria
that explained/answered all my questions and also a
phone call. Of course, the phone call came the 5
minutes I was out of the house. Anywho, the e-mail
was both patient (this doesn't always happen) and
informative it touched on three different questions
I had on my upcoming order and on an order I had
inputted Saturday (my first order for the Gap).

I am very satisfied with how this has been handled.
Now I can enjoy the shop

Thanks again

SherryDG
MSPA Silver
Happily shopping the Chicagoland area
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums