Page: of 74

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  4:52:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi shoppers,

Can someone who has previously done the rice shipping shop clear something up for me? When I did them for the previous company, I am sure it was 2 lb bag of rice. I made a mental note to buy a 1 lb bag of rice for the GAP shop. My local grocery store only carries 2 lb. bags & it's a huge store. I'm sure that was the size I shipped for the previous company. Well, anyway, I have a 2 lb bag of rice & a 1 lb. box & I have to ship it tomorrow. (Shop was rescheduled). The GAP instructions say 1 lb. bag. Any suggestions? Does anyone else remember the size & what size did you all ship for GAP?

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Maybe I can ship half the package & put it in a zip lock bag!!

Judi
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  5:50:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They definitely want a one pound bag of rice and it would not be possible to use half of a two pound bag since they want to be sure of the weight. I was able to find one pound bags of rice in my local Big Lots and have seen them in other stores.

Ken

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  6:30:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ms Judy, Wal-Mart has 1# bag of rice. I have two this week from the reschedule. I bought it from our local supermarket, it's not hard to find.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  01:03:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your help. I totally expected to find it in my grocery store, so I started thinking something was amiss when they only had the 2lb. size. I'll go shopping in the A.M. Argghh!!

Judi
Go to Top of Page

BethInNJ
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  12:32:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I first did one of these shops I tried the weight in that spot but it didn't work. The dollar amount, including tax, without the $ sign should work. Try again and see what happens.

Beth
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  8:02:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I put in '1' for billed weight and it went through without any problem.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  9:28:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Billed weight should always be 2 if the shipping company did their job right. The weight is listed on one of the receipts but, if you can't find it and you shipped rice, enter 2. No symbols, no punctuation, just a number.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  07:57:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My store did not give me a shipping form, he printed one out and slapped it on the box. I had the receipt and the form I filled out, which was why I didn't have the weight and put down '1' for the lb. of rice. Hope my shop won't get rejected. I did leave a comment about why I did not get a shipping form.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Erica_One
Apprentice

Watseka, Illinois
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  9:52:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else had payment problems with Gapbuster? I did two shops last month, one on the 22nd and one on the 25th. I got paid for the 25th one but not the 22nd. My sister-in-law also shops for Gapbuster and says they did'nt pay her for one of her shops. We both have sent E-mails with no reply, or the reply has nothing to do with the problem. I have done other shops for them and have never had a problem. Any suggestions???
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  11:12:38 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had one payment issue and actually posted ehre and got a phone call that night asking what the problem was and it was resolved through email. Since they are a global company they don't give a phone number and as far as I know they only way to contact them is through the enquiry part of their website.
With that said, there is a Gapbuster employee that happens to write in this forum, so maybe look her up and see if you can email her directly. She might be able to help.

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  10:55:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Erica_One, when you sent the email, did you use their web site "Enquiry" or regular email? I have always received a reply when I use Enquiry. Also, if you sent the message Thursday afternoon or later, you may not get an answer until next week. They are about 15 hours ahead of us.
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  6:39:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I sent an Enquiry about a week ago asking if they could give us an itemization when they deposit the money, as sometimes it can be confusing with promised bonuses, etc. They have not responded. Has anyone else brought up this subject, and have you received an answer? That doesn't seem like too much to ask, and most companies provide some type of invoice.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  07:21:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Try reading some of the history on this thread. You will find that GAPbuster does provide us with a listing of paid assignments. There is also contact information for shoppers who are having problems.
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  11:01:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Terry, I have shopped for them for years and have never received a listing of payments. They deposit into my bank account but I don't receive any further information than the amount. I am also familiar with the contact information but sometimes they don't respond. I appreciate your feedback, though.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Erica_One
Apprentice

Watseka, Illinois
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  1:50:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, I have e-mailed directly the scheduler that posts to this forum, got an e-mail that said she would check into the problem and get back to me within 24 hours. That was 5/15, and still no answer. I have also sent several messages thru the enquiry link and no reply. My sister-in-law has also went thru enquirys with no luck. The other night I recieved two calls from them asking me to pick up last minute shops, and I even asked that guy about the payment issue. He said he would have someone contact me and no one has yet. I feel maybe they just don't have enough staff to cover all the shoppers and assignments. It is frustrating, because you start to depend on the money!
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  7:53:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Starting in 2007 I began getting emails every time they deposited money.

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  11:48:54 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Erica,

I sent you an email within that week, I guess now you didn't receive it. I apologize for the delay. I will retrieve the email and send it through again.

Guys, payment email notification was a new initiative we committed to since August 2006. Unfortunately the notification emails have been on hold since April. We are undergoing a huge website overhaul and due to the demand to launch, payment email notifications have been delayed. I will keep you all updated to when we can commit to sending the emails again.

Payments are processed on the 15th and 30th every month. Check your bank accounts on these two dates to track what jobs you've been paid for.

Note:
- assignments completed between the 1-15th will be paid on the 30th of the same month.
- assignments completed between 16th-30th will be paid on the 15th of the following month.

If you have any further enquiries please email me directly with your shopper code.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com
http://www.gapbuster.com/xec/
Go to Top of Page

Patty Herbert
Contributor

IL
USA
94 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  8:13:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Im doing a rice shop and its not in my town should I use my correct address or make one up in this town so they dont wonder why I came that far to mail it.

Patty in Il
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  10:14:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe they'd think you work in that town or visiting relatives.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  10:15:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patty Herbert

Im doing a rice shop and its not in my town should I use my correct address or make one up in this town so they dont wonder why I came that far to mail it.
There's no reason why you need to. You could easily work in that town or be visiting someone.

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums