Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

JoyD
Contributor

North GA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  06:15:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If I already have a box and the rice do I have to purchase them and turn in a receipt?
Go to Top of Page

MaryT
Trainee

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  08:08:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I did these shops for a different company, I used a box that I already had. Since I didn't have the right size bag of rice, I did have to buy that. Just the cheepest store brand I could find.
Go to Top of Page

Samantha_0314
Apprentice

Watseka, Illinois
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  7:02:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just recently started working as a mystery shopper, and GapBuster was the first jobs that I have taken, I recived the full amount on the second job. On the first job, I recived no payment, yesterday I recived an email, stating I was going to get paid the amount, that the shop was but did not have the premium bonus, or what ever it might be. Plus a little extra for being a late payment.. Has anyone had this happen to them?
Go to Top of Page

NYHoward

Rochester, NY
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  06:17:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just completed my first two shipping shops and it doesn't appear that you need to submit receipts for either the rice or the box. The report did not ask for these and the guidelines seem to indicate that you are paid a flat fee of $11.50 for the shipping fee and the rice & box purchases.
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  07:00:47 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
So, how much do you make after your purchases?

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Patty Herbert
Contributor

IL
USA
94 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  12:48:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pam the fee is 11.00 and the expense is 11.00 and with .50 for rice and 1.50 for box and 6.50 for shipping its about 12.00.

Patty in Il
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  1:42:56 PM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
What I typically do is buy a 6x6x6 box from an office supply store when doing that shop, $2.00 reimbursement and the box is about $1.50...then all I need to worry about is the rice which is $.50 (which i could get when doing a grocery shop, but you always need stuff from the grocery store anyway) and the shipping of $6.50 or so....you get $22.50 from Gapbuster no matter what, so I wind up making about $15.50 on these shops..

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

SherryDG
Star Contributor

Chicago Burbs, IL
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  05:56:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
These are just 2 sites that offer 6" cube boxes for 22c to maybe 30c each. They do want you to order a minimum (maybe 25?). I didn't get as far as checking out what they charge for shipping. I figured I'd check it out further when I actually get around to doing one of the mail shops.

http://tinyurl.com/26hdry
http://tinyurl.com/29d85t

Is the 6" cube the same size used by most of the other mail companies??? If someone knows or I'll go check. I'm having a sloth moment

SherryDG
MSPA Silver
Happily shopping the Chicagoland area
Go to Top of Page

JoyD
Contributor

North GA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  7:04:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do the grocery store shops require a receipt to be uploaded? Their paperwork isn't showing up and I've already input the shop, but I'm now unsure if a receipt is needed or not. Anyone know? This is the grocery store that starts with a K.

Also, where (on their site) do you find a spot to upload scans?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  07:00:29 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the clarification. That sounds like a pretty fair deal.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  5:45:30 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
JoyD

The supermarket evaluations starting with 'K' do not require a receipt to be uploaded. However still hold on to your receipts (file all receipts in a folder for record purposes) just incase you are required to validate your assignment by providing a receipt in future.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com
http://www.gapbuster.com/xec/
Go to Top of Page

BarbiOmasta
Apprentice

Johnstown, PA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  10:09:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone explain what the premium pay consists of for GAPbuster?
They have a standard fee listed which is broken down to show fee for doing shop + reimbursement. Below that is listed.....

Premium Fee: Premium Payment for this assignment is $
Is this a premium added to your shop if it is completed and submitted within a certain time or is it a bonus because they are in need of a shopper to complete?
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  8:57:43 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
BarbiOmasta "GAP premium is a JOB SEACH incentive offered to shoppers who manually select assignments.
Mileage" is a bonus that GAP staff manually attached when they call to offer you an urgent assignment or need to cover the cost of your travel expenses if you are required to some distant traveling.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  06:50:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is for my husband who shops for GapBuster. He did three shops in February and only got paid for two. He has wrtten three times and cannot get anyone to answer him. It's not so much the $11.00 but the principal since the shop was approved and they just won't pay him. Any ideas?

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  10:56:23 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue,

Please send me your husband's shopper code and I will look into this for you

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
Go to Top of Page

Charlotte_Mac
Trainee

Edinburgh, Midlothian
United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  07:22:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would love to be able to give a comment on what GAP are like to work for, but despite registering with them twice (once through a referral) and being MSPA silver certified, I can't even get them to acknowledge my applications.

Silver Certified and shopping Edinburgh to Carlisle in the U.K.
Go to Top of Page

Patty Herbert
Contributor

IL
USA
94 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  09:48:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if you can leave time between the drive thru and the dine in like an hour or so.

Patty in Il
Go to Top of Page

Mazie
Star Contributor

Forest Grove, OR
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  12:10:19 PM  Visit Mazie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
You can if the drive thru line is 5 or 6 cars or longer, but I don't think it says anything about doing that if it is not. I would think that as long as you are still within the shopping window it would be fine. Did you find any info on the website about that?

Gold Certified shopper, editor, editor trainer.
Shopping the Portland Metro area, willing to travel.
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  2:12:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patty Herbert

Does anyone know if you can leave time between the drive thru and the dine in like an hour or so.

As long as you begin and end both in the time window, it doesn't matter if there's an hour in between.

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page

BrianCollins
Valued Contributor

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  8:38:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've had good experiences with Gapbuster.

And Charlotte_Mac, I don't know what the holdup on your acceptance might be. I registered through a MSPA referral and my application went right through.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums