Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
663 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  5:52:23 PM  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've worked for Gapbuster for some time now, and have enjoyed their assignments and some nice bonuses. However last week I did a shop, came home and when I went to enter it I discovered the date had been changed on me. They also left me a voice mail telling me this but the voicemail and email were both sent AFTER the scheduled time of the shop. i've sent 3 inquiries to them asking if I would be compensated in any way for my expenses, gas and time doing the shop but they have yet to reply. Has this happened to anyone else?

Deanna Kessler
Deannna.kessler@seelevelhx.com
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  7:38:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem with shopping the wrong address and my shop was rejected. The business I was to shop was a few doors down with a different number. I did the shop at the correct address, explained it in my report, uploaded the business card (showing the numbers were off by a few digits, down the mall), but my shop was rejected. It was a last minute bonus shop and there wasn't anyway I could've contacted GAPbuster to straighten it out. If I had left and not done the shop waiting for a reply, it would look like I flaked. I took a picture of the correct location showing a different shop, but did not think to upload it since I needed the upload for the required business card.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Mery

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  9:49:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoy doing work for GAPbuster, but I do have to say that they are extremely difficult to get a hold of, and their website is often glitchy. Whenever I actually do speak with them though they are very professional, but it's a miracle if I actually do. Their fees, however, are good, and their bonuses are generally excellent.

Mery
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Tracy Keller

West Falls, NY
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  05:34:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Connie,

I had that happen to me as well. My shop was for store # xxxx, located at XXXX Service Center, Route 90, in XXX, New York.

I went to that Service Center (its the only one for 50 miles around, so I KNOW I was at the right one). The receipt that printed out was for store #YYYY (totally different number) and the address on the receipt was for Mile Marker abc Route 90 in XXXX, New York.

Mind you, there is only one of these fast food joints in the service area. Both addresses listed are the exact same place, even when you do Google Earth.

When the shop was rejected, I emailed them back stating that it isn't my fault as the shopper that they have the wrong information, there is only one of those places at the location and that the address given is the same address as where I did the assingment. I then stated that it was unprofessional of them to reject the report due to their mistake and that I fully intended to be compensated for doing what was hired to do.

I received a reply stating that they would look into the matter and would get back to me within two weeks. Immediately after receiving that email, I called their US office. I repeated what I had stated in the email.

I was paid one week later.

So, it does help to respond to the "rejection" notices, if you have done your assignment the way you were hired to do so.

Just my

Tracy
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  07:41:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
"Immediately after receiving that email, I called their US office. I repeated what I had stated in the email."

Tracy, have you found the Holy Grail? Many people have tried to get a phone number out of Gapbuster but to no avail. Were you able to call someone in the US and get a live person to look at your problem?

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  08:58:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I sent out two enquiries last wednesday for some shops I had to do on Friday.
When I still had no response by Friday morning, I googled Gapbuster and got an address and phone number in GA.
I called them, and the very nice gentleman told me that the US phone number was only for clients to set up new programs.
Maybe if I had insisted a bit more, he would have helped me, but he did not seem eager to do so...

Needless to say today is Sunday, over two days after the shops were done ( correctly I hope!), and over five days after the enquiries were sent and I still haven't heard from them...

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

AndiLa
Apprentice

Chapel Hill, NC
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  09:32:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The same thing happened to be on the a few days ago on the 5th. The store that I was supposed to shop actually is now the Red Cross. I would have gotten a business card from the Red Cross to prove that it now occupied that address, but it was closed for an extended 4th holiday. I sent GapBuster 2 emails about it through its system, but I have yet to hear back anything.

Andi
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Raleigh-Durham area
Go to Top of Page

MandiShops
Apprentice

Virginia Beach, VA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  6:18:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a shop last week and the store did not exist. There wasn't even a building to take a picture of. After driving back and forth for half an hour, determined to find it, I called the company I was supposed to shop and asked them if the store was still on that road. I was told that they no longer had a store on that road and that they never had one at the address I was given. The numbers had been mixed up. I immediately emailed GAP and never got a response. Two days later I got a phone call asking me to enter the shop results online and I explained the situation. The man I talked to said he would have it straightened out and asked if he could assign me some more jobs to do the next day. Well, the job is still showing up on my assignment page and I got a voice mail tonight from GAP asking me to enter the shop results online. I emailed them again and hopefully it'll be taken care of
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  11:25:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Checked "my assignment" site today and it still shows Rejected/canceled and no replies to my inquiry or email. Last time when I was sent to a closed for remodeling shop, it took them 2 mos. to acknowledge the problem. I am going to think long and hard before taking another assignment from them.

Go to Top of Page

Suezanne

TX
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  11:44:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It takes over a week on average to get a reply back from them. I can't sign up for shops due to some quota, so I emailed an inquiry. I actually heard back from Suzan on here before I got a reply from GapBuster. Of course, they said exactly opposite things. Suzan said it was a new policy, the reply I got to my enquiry said it was a glitch. I still can't sign up for shops, but two days ago they called me offering me a pretty hefty bonus for a last minute shop. So there's that...

I think with them the key is patience. And lots of it.
Go to Top of Page

Suezanne

TX
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  2:45:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Looks like I spoke too soon. I have a shop today. A pretty big one. My paperwork is still unavailable. I don't know what to do it's in an hour. I don't even know what I'm looking for since this is my first auto/test drive shop. I think I'm about done with this company. If it's this hard to just get a job, how hard is to get paid?

So - I'm not doing it. Chances are I would do it wrong and still not get paid.
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  2:54:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is there a reschedule day available?

You had me worried, so I signed on and looked at my job for tomorrow. Pulled up the paperwork and printed it out. Cleared out of the website, went back in, entered the assignment number, and then it said the paperwork wasn't ready yet and wouldn't be until a certain date.

They definitely have web problems! I'm really glad I printed the first time, and I feel for you. It's a bad feeling not being able to get the stuff you need.

Hang on...I have an idea...I'll report back if it works.

karen

Edited to add: OK..it worked. I tried the site again, and couldn't get the paperwork. Then I left the site, deleted my cookies and temporary internet files, and went back in again. I was able to pull up the paperwork this time. It's probably too late for you today, but maybe you can reschedule and have access to the paperwork.

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  3:05:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is GAPbuster just using us to identify incorrect business addresses? And then not even paying us for our time? There seem to be a lot of instances where they give us an assignment for a location that was closed, moved, or never existed. Then when we turn in the information, the assignment shows up on our list as rejected or canceled. They take the information we give them, but they don't return our emails and it looks like they have no intention of paying us for our work.
Go to Top of Page

Patty Herbert
Contributor

IL
USA
94 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  3:47:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I usually get a rejected /cancelled if I am not eligeble for the job but I did a shop which I always do and there it was rejected/ cancelled that is a first for me. I emailed them but who knows if Ill hear anything. Its funny it was a last minute bonused shop too.

Patty in Il
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  5:56:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Terry,
>>Is GAPbuster just using us to identify incorrect business addresses?<<

Too funny of a theory!

Go to Top of Page

MichG
Apprentice

Orlando, FL
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  7:47:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am also having a problem with Gapbuster this week. I took a bonus shop and the address led me to a warehouse! Not the cell phone business I expected. I have sent three emails and have not received a response. I do have pictures I took of the address I was given but no one to send them to. The other issue is I see that currently the same shop address is listed on three other shop offers.

I fit this shop in at the VERY last minute. On the Gap site it does say rejected now. Possibly some one from Gap will read this here and give me a hand?
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  8:51:34 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

GAPbuster has been addressing issues related to site locations for months now. Basically, our clients provide us with site locations and we confirm the address of each site, before we release our jobs. However, despite our efforts sites still get released with the wrong address.

We understand the frustration caused by this and we ask for you patience. We definitely recognize this issue and are currently working on strategies to improve.

In many cases, we generally do reimburse shoppers who come across wrong sites, because we understand and accept that this is clearly our mistake.

If you have discovered a site with the wrong address, please email me directly at suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com with the assignment number and I will investigate the matter personally.

Our email inquiry system has been identified as one area in which needs significant improvement. We have listened to your feedback regarding our poor response rate and have been working on new strategies to improve the structure and management of the inquiry system, we’ve been currently using.

We are excited about our new email management system that is progressing rapidly through the multiple stages of development. We are pushing for release to occur within the next two months, but nothing has been finalized yet.

This new management system promises to significantly increase levels of shopper satisfaction with the inquiries process and to reduce the turnaround times for shopper inquiries.

I will keep you all posted with the development stages as we come closer to the launch date.

In the mean time, if you have any inquiries please email me directly. I am always here to help you.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com
http://www.gapbuster.com/xec/
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  9:27:25 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I sure hope things get worked out. I keep waiting to see positive improvements and postings so I can work for you.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  9:52:14 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes well so we do we.
We are committed in doing what ever it takes to fix this problem.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com
http://www.gapbuster.com/xec/
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  10:18:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Suzan, Thanks for your posting. I have sent you an email regarding my rejected assignment - I've attached a picture of the location and a business card from the shop I completed.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums