Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Patty Herbert
Contributor

IL
USA
94 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  06:31:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know whats going on but a shop I was to do today that was fine yesterday is showing rejected today and I haven't even done it yet. Im confused.

Patty in Il
Go to Top of Page

Suezanne

TX
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  06:51:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was able to reschedule my shop, but will have to reschedule it again as I have several other shops that day (for another company). I'll try the cookies thing and see if that helps. If not, I'm not taking anymore assignments from them until I start seeing positive posts. I'm bummed b/c they have good shops and pay well.
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  7:10:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They posted new jobs yesterday and given that Suzan said she will look into my rejected assignment, I picked up some new jobs from GAPbuster.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

SherryDG
Star Contributor

Chicago Burbs, IL
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:31:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop that was closed for extensive remodeling (no addy on the building). I did the e-mail thing and finally someone called me or I received an e-mail (I think both happened). The shop showed and still shows as rejected/cancelled on my jobs list. I was told to enter the shop and later I was paid for the shop in the normal time frame.

I had lots of documentation with the business names, addys and tel nos on both sides of the location. I didn't have my digital camera with me so I took cell phone pictures..they were never asked for (which is good since I haven't figured out how to get them off my cell)

I have had a couple of different situations come up, even though it does take several days to get a response from the company, I have never been penalized for the time delay.

Hope it all works out well for those of you that are having problems.

SherryDG
MSPA Silver
Happily shopping the Chicagoland area
Go to Top of Page

Joy Samoheyl
Apprentice

Lakewood, CO
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  06:36:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shopped for this company for over two years. They are based in Australia. I have always been paid promptly and there seems to be a good amount of work in my area. Also, they pay generous bonuses on shops that are hard for them to fill. They usually pay within about 3 to 4 weeks. I have not had any reason to doubt their business practices.

Joy
Go to Top of Page

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
663 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  07:43:04 AM  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I want to post an update to my issue of having a shop rescheduled after I had already completed it. Last night a friendly Gapbuster scheduler called and told me I would be paid in full for this shop. They may not be very prompt with their responses but in the end they came through!

Deanna Kessler
Deannna.kessler@seelevelhx.com
Go to Top of Page

BrianCollins
Valued Contributor

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  11:41:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am confident things will eventually work out, but right now I'm a little frustrated. The nice fees don't fully compensate for the headaches.

I plan to complete my outstanding projects and then wait for all payments clear. I'll reevaluate at that point.
Go to Top of Page

Bambi
Valued Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  2:33:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently was called to do a last minute shop with bonus. This was in a bad area and so I did not take it. At 9:15 pm I got another call from this company to do a different shop with bonus and of course the next day. I ended up getting out of a shop previously scheduled and took the shop. I drove 12 miles to find that this location no longer existed at this address. Now mind you this was not a call ahead shop. I went in to an office which would have been next door and asked and was told that the company had not been there for at least 2 years. I tried to fill the online report out with N/A and it would not let me submit it that way so I emailed Enquiry. The next day I got a no reply email that my shop needed to be submitted so I again emailed Enquiry. I checked my assignment page today and see that the shop has been rejected/cancelled. I had asked for payment since I cancelled a shop and took a last minute late evening call and now it looks like I wasted my time, gas and potential money. What a rip! I never even get a response from them.

Bambi
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  4:30:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My second shop for them, three years ago, turned out to be a restaurant that didn't exist. It had been a beer drive-thru for years! I reported that and was paid in full. I also went to one that was practically demolished for renovation and was paid for that one, too. Keep pressing!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Bambi
Valued Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  7:15:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a phone call from Sara this evening. Sara asked me to explain what happened with the shop and assured me that I would be payed along with the rest of my shops.

Bambi
Go to Top of Page

AndiLa
Apprentice

Chapel Hill, NC
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  7:53:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been assured that I will also be paid for my "closed site" shop as well. It was my first experience with the company and the first time that I have gone to a shop that is not operating as the assigned business. I hope that my next experence with GapBuster goes much more smoothly!

Andi
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Raleigh-Durham area
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  03:59:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my experience, the time difference between here and Australia creates some additional time lags in communication with these folks. Most of those calls actually originate in their overseas office. And, they have such a huge volume of email that it has not been unusual for me to get a response about 2-3 days after I email them. I suspect that there is a lag in communications between their day shift and their night shift, as well. That said, they have always untangled any problems once 2 way communications got established.

So, stay on top of this. And, please let us know how it turns out. Cilla

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

Mery

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  06:38:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am a little frustrated with them at the moment, because I still have not been paid for a shop I did last month, even though I was paid for another shop I did on the same day. I sent them an inquiry, and then they wrote me back a week later. They attached an Excel statement. My assignment is not on there. The e-mail says to write back if I have any more questions. So of course, it bounces That means I have to submit it through the site again, and probably wait another week for a response. They really need to hire more employees, or do something to make this wait time less ridiculous. Payments inquiries should be answered much faster than a week.

Mery
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  5:12:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a message stating that GAPbuster is still in the process of dealing with an inherited problem concerning incorrect addresses. I was assured that the problem is being looked into and all of the issues will be addressed. I am confident that GAPbuster will (as usual) make good on their agreements.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  9:44:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say that I finally got a response to my enquiry today... Now mind you I sent the e-mail on the 4th of July concerning shops scheduled on the 6th of July...And today is the 13th!!!
Suzan, I sure hope the new e-mail system will eradicate the slow response time!!!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  6:31:32 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mery – Please send me a PM with your details (shopper code and assignment number) and I will look into resolving the payment issue.

Servanne – We are very confident that the new email system will eradicate the slow response from our end.

We always pay shoppers the normal shopper fee & mileage (if offered), for closed sites. In any situation, please email through the site details, assignment number and description of the location and payments will be attached accordingly.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com
http://www.gapbuster.com/xec/
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  7:28:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One thing's for sure: it can't be worse

I know you guys are working hard on it, and it must be as frustrating for you as it is for us, as you must get TONS of enquiries on a daily basis!

I am confident all will be better in a few months ( or whenever the system is ready)

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  7:53:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just want to follow up and let everyone know that my "bad address" shop was resolved by Suzan and I will be paid. I really appreciate Suzan following through and her professionalism. I have now signed up and will do that shop at the correct address.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Jo in Fla
Contributor

Florida
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  04:43:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had received an e-mail from Gapbuster indicating my services "were no longer needed", which explains why I couldn't access their sites for a few weeks. They didn't have anything less than an hour from me, so I never actually did a shop for them. No worries. However, today I received a confusing but polite e-mail that said that although I was being blocked from their ff client (they don't have this client in my state, although I do shop them for another MS company) I could continue to sign up with "alternative" clients. SO confusing....I think they seem to have a problem on their end mixing up shoppers. I was thanked for my valuable (non-existent) reports for their FF client, though. :)
Go to Top of Page

Mery

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  06:14:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Suzan, but they e-mailed me back. Apparently, there is a delay in payment from that client. I can't wait until we can view our payment history without having to e-mail someone. I got a direct deposit through them yesterday, and am really confused as to what it is for. Oh, well.

Mery
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums