Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  8:11:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is it just here in MN, or has any of you noticed that GAP is scheduling through a well known scheduling company to get their FF shops filled in remote areas ... at $3.00 LESS THAN ON THE GAP SITE !!!
Unbelievable !!!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  8:22:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Servanne

Is it just here in MN, or has any of you noticed that GAP is scheduling through a well known scheduling company to get their FF shops filled in remote areas ... at $3.00 LESS THAN ON THE GAP SITE !!!
And the company is saying that you have to live within 10 miles of the location. Gapbuster had enough trouble scheduling the remote places without the 10 mile requirement. I've been to a few of them repeatedly but live about 35 miles away. Oddly, the same assignments are on the Gapbuster page as well. I guess it's whoever gets there first!

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  05:43:25 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I may have just had my first payment issue with GapBuster...I signed up for a shop that had a $35 premium, for a total of $45...

Went to the location that day as the shop was due immediately...When I arrived, I found the entire block to be closed and under construction. No stores were visible as they were boarded up, nevermind open...

So I submitted the report and marked that the location was closed throughout...Went on to my assignments the other day and and now for that one it says, Cancelled/Rejected. I thought Suzan said that it's Gapbuster's policy to pay for closed shops, so we'll see, but she didn't respond my inquiries through Volition....

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

ShopperPatriciaF
Valued Contributor

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  06:25:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've got a problem and hoping someone can help me with it.

I did several ff shops for Gapbuster but they were scheduled through Kern Scheduling. Now it's 2 months later and I've never been paid and Gapbuster seems to be ignoring my emails I send using their reply form. Kern Scheduling when I send them an email just keep saying it is Gapbusters responsibility to pay but they will check into it, just never have.

Anyone else encountered this and what did you do to get it resolved? Is there any way to contact Gapbuster other than using their reply form on the website?

Thanks everyone

Patricia
Go to Top of Page

Brina

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  4:07:45 PM  Visit Brina's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi this company is nuts. I had a scheduler contact me and stated that they will give me 52.00 for a shop that is 22.00, because they needed it immediately. However, they were suppose to send me the information. I contact the company and they stated that they will give it to me for 30.00. I immediatley decline and they then stated that they will give it to me for 40.00. I've seen too many comments on this company, therefore, my choice was not to do it. Because of the comments and the lack of communication that they displayed in their company.
Go to Top of Page

MichaelinNH
Star Contributor

New Hampshire
USA
488 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  4:17:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never had a problem getting paid for the shops that I self-selected on the website. I have never gone through a scheduler for assignments with them. I miss the electronics shops and have never done one of the mail ones. All the FF are done by another company in this part of the country.

MSPA Gold 8/9/2006 MSPA Silver 6/23/2007
Video Shopper Certified 6/9/2011 NV Workcard R-061144. Shopping 50 States, Puerto Rico & Canada.
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  9:58:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't say that I have never had a problem getting paid from GAPbuster, but I can say that they have always followed through (eventually) on the agreed upon pay.
Go to Top of Page

.KSSSabrina
Inactive

Rock Hill, SC
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  10:33:27 PM  Visit .KSSSabrina's Homepage  Send .KSSSabrina an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone,

I am the KSS Scheduling Manager who handles the GBW account. There has been some confusion regarding out work with GBW. We are recruiting shoppers in rural areas to help with their tougher locations for current and future assignments. This is why the KSS posting requires shoppers to live within a 10 mile radius. Once a shopper within 10 miles self-assigns a shop on KSS's system, they are instructed to visit the GBW site to select available shops there. At that point it is a first-come first serve situation. Also, shoppers will be paid the amounts listed on the GBW site.

Regarding shopper payments for shops completed through KSS for GBW, we have submitted detailed pay records to our contacts at GBW and have asked that shoppers be contacted immediately regarding payment status. We will continue following up with them until shoppers have been paid as promised.

A key point to consider is that all shoppers who shopped for GBW through KSS need to register on the GBW site (if they were not already) in order to be paid. They pay via direct deposit, and cannot do so without a complete shopper profile submitted on their system. Your schedulers will let you know as soon as we hear about payments.

Thanks,

Sabrina Boone
KSS International, Inc.
KSSSabrina@kernscheduling.com
Go to Top of Page

Suezanne

TX
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  08:49:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to hear that people are getting paid. About how long after your first shop for GB did your first payment clear?

I started shopping for them 6/11/07. I've had some communication issues, but have to say that even with the delayed response, if they pay timely it's worth it b/c they have some good shops and some of the best commissions I've seen.
Go to Top of Page

JillL
Contributor

FL
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  12:31:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Suezanne

I'm glad to hear that people are getting paid. About how long after your first shop for GB did your first payment clear?
I did my first 3 shops for them on 6/25, 27, 29 And the direct deposit for all three was on 7/17. They pay twice a month.

Jill
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  9:39:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just signed up for my first shop with Gapbuster tonight. It's not scheduled until 8/14 & I selected it from their website. It's a UPS store with a nice premium added to the fee which is why I took it. I saw it on jobslinger. I joined GAPbuster when I first started MSing but they never had anything available in my area so I took them off my Favs, now I might have to put them back,,What is their pay schedule like? I saw somewhere here twice a month? How does that work in reference to when you do your shops? I hope all goes well

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

CaraR.
Valued Contributor

VA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  9:51:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first assignments for Gapbuster last month. They were short-notice assignments with bonuses: two jobs in the same city on the same day. I couldn't pass it up. Shortly after completing the assignments, I went out-of-town. Since they pay by Direct Deposit, I didn't really follow up on the paymount amount until today (to make sure they deposited the correct amount). I just signed up for another bonused "rice" shop and noticed that the pay rate for the other two assignments was listed at less than I was told I would be paid. But, I just checked a printout of my bank account and they definitely paid me what they said they would. So far, so good! :o) Oh, they paid on time too. They do pay twice a month, but I'd assume that payment would roll over to the *next* payroll, if I conducted a shop too close to nearest payroll date, IYKWIM.
Go to Top of Page

Suzan @ GAP
Contributor

Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  11:30:55 PM  Visit Suzan @ GAP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jason Petersen – You will definitely be paid for this assignment, providing we confirm the site details as a “close site.” Apologies for not responding to your enquiry through Volition. Please send me a PM with your shopper code and assignment number and I will follow this payment through.

GAPbuster pays on the 15th and 30th of each month.

- Assignments completed between the 1st and 15th will be processed on the 30th of that month.
- Assignments completed between the 15th and 30th will be included in the next payment run and processed on the 15th in the following month.

As Sabrina has stated above, KSS helps us recruit shoppers in rural areas. And shoppers who shop for us through KSS need to be registered on our site, in order to receive their payments.

Please email me directly at suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com and I will follow up your payment issues personally.

Best regards,

Suzan Izzet
GAPbuster Worldwide
suzan.izzet@gapbuster.com
http://www.gapbuster.com/xec/
Go to Top of Page

CaraR.
Valued Contributor

VA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  10:23:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was paid on July 17th.
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  04:36:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am having issues with receipts. Sometimes they say that they haven't received my faxed receipts, BUT the message says if you faxed it to give it time. Two weeks? Received another message saying they need my receipt, but if I already sent it to NOT send another. I have re-faxed receipts several times before, but perhaps they don't want repeated faxes. How long does it take to determine if they have the faxed receipts or not?

Jan
Go to Top of Page

NYHoward

Rochester, NY
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  09:09:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jan: If you fax your receipts, rather than upload them, go to the assignments page after you have completed it and you will see a column on the right hand side that says "Upload Receipts." In my case, usually within 6 hours, the "Upload Receipts" disappears and that indicates that they have processed your fax. I've been doing this for over 2 months now (over 25 shops) and never had a problem.
Go to Top of Page

Deb Brown
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  11:15:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to give a big thumbs up to this company. I just started doing shops for them a few weeks ago and ran into a snag the other day. I scheduled and confirmed several shops to be completed in a city about 20 miles from me.

I went and did the shops and came home to do the surveys - only to find out that 2 of them had been rescheduled that morning. I didn't know what to do because I'd spent money to complete the shops (they were shipping shops). So, I emailed them and they said that since it rescheduled on such short notice that I will still get paid my full fee/reimbursement. I don't know how this type of thing is typically resolved (as I'm new to the whole mystery shopping thing), but I thought that was terrific.
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  11:39:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Howard, I appreciate your feedback. I have shopped for them for over three years and know just what you mean. It is just that sometimes,it doesn't upload, and then I get a message about sending the receipt, but to only send it if I haven't already.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

KristinSweetness

West Plains, MO
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  1:22:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been trying to register for a particular assignment on the Gapbuster job search for over a week, but I keep getting rejected because it says the job has already been assigned. But the fee keeps getting bonused! If it's assigned, then why is it still in the available jobs listing; and why is the fee going up? I've sent two enquiries, but I've gotten no reply.

Anyone else had this happen?

Kristin
Go to Top of Page

TraveLiz
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  6:50:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all - I could use an opinions -- first off I REALLY wish they would answer their emails in a timely fashion and two had a way we could contact them - but I digress.

Tonight I got called about a couple of shops - they had them on their website with a slight bonus and the guy added a bit more to that. I took two shops -- one for Sat morning and one for Sat lunch. So I get my confirmation and check the my assignment page and these are listed for what is the regular fee (not even the bonused amount that was on the job search page.)

At any rate I have emailed them and said I cannot do them unless the dollar amount is adjusted on my assignments page.

I really enjoy doing these fast food ones as I live in an area close to a number of rural areas and have been able to pick up some nice bonuses but this is frustrating that I know I will not be able to get ahold of them in a timely manner.

I guess this was more of a vent that a question but am sort of hoping that someone from GAPBUSTERs reads this and adjusts my totals.

Liz
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums