Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 74

Debbo
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  09:47:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received payment today for a shop that turned out to be a corporate office rather than a retail location. It took a couple of emails to sort it out, but payment still took a mere 34 days -- "late" by their standards, but still much better than the average. Also, their staff always respond quickly and are pleasant and polite.

Debra
MSPA Shopper of the Year 2009
Video shopping in the Carolinas and throughout the US
Go to Top of Page

BethNY

NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  07:45:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok.. I double-checked myself and it seems I WAS paid for my closed shop, though the bonus was not attached. Fair enough I suppose.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

KBruder1
Contributor

Milwaukee, WI
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  6:25:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Still waiting to hear anything from Susan at GAP. I seem to remember her stating she would get back to me last week sometime. I am sure glad I'm not holding my breath waiting for someone to contact me.

When I checked the GAP board for assignments there were only two in my area, both for a major department store. I was able to sign up for one and then needed to change the date of the other shop so that I wouldn't be driving 10 miles out of my way and it told me that I cancelled it. I just tried to change the date.....

Waiting here on my rocking chair waiting for someone to call!!!!

Kris
Go to Top of Page

Bri-in-CA
Valued Contributor

Ukiah, CA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  6:27:51 PM  Visit Bri-in-CA's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband did a couple shops last month. I think I'm signed up, but, I'll have to check. They state they pay twice a month. They paid when they said they would. Very easy assignment, even easier report. The response time to questions leaves alot to be desired, though. There doesn't seem to be one particular scheduler for our area to contact. It was like that when he did some work for them last year.

Silver certified & shopping Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino & Lake counties
Go to Top of Page

GloriC
Contributor

TX
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  6:50:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BethNY

Unfortunately it did not include payment for the closed shop I was assigned and told I would be paid for. Guess I'll start chasing after it...
This is a disturbing trend-- perhaps it isn't a new one. Why are we shoppers having to chase down payment for work we did? Is there a Union (ha-ha) that can fight for our rights?

GloriC Striving to be the BEST. Shopping with honesty, integrity and an angel by my side!
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  6:51:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess I am extremely lucky because I have had great communication from this company. Any questions I have submitted have been answered within 4 hours either by phone or email including today. I give plaudits to Benedicte and her staff for doing a great job.

Dan
Edited to add

I have never had a pay problem with this company and have received pay on time for every shop I have completed. My questions to them that have been quickly answered are procedural ones, not chasing for pay.
Go to Top of Page

JudieS

Hometown
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  7:25:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow - I am so glad that I read this thread. Suzanne helped me immediately, got paid for shops that were d/c'd from me because I could not upload info. The money was direct deposited to acc't - and I can only say I am willing to do any shops they have and to do all I can to satisfy them as they did for me. I vote #1 #1 #1 for them!
Go to Top of Page

BrianCollins
Valued Contributor

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  8:37:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
To follow up on my mid-July post: I completed my pending projects and have been paid in full for all work done. At least for the time being, however, I will not be signing up for new assignments.

And I do not understand shoppers who publicly celebrate and praise companies where there were extra hurdles and obstacles that had to be overcome. Yes, it is good when a company finally comes through, and it is worth documenting that things were finally resolved. But it is not some wondrous event simply to be paid for an assignment you completed correctly in the first place. Do you consider all of the extra time spent on communication and administrativia when evaluating the profitability of being a shopper?
Go to Top of Page

Mike Man

Canada
35 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  08:06:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed my first shop for them yesterday. The report was very easy to fill out. Everything is going well so far.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Nicole in MN
Contributor

Rice, MN
USA
54 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  10:42:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BethNY

Ok.. I double-checked myself and it seems I WAS paid for my closed shop, though the bonus was not attached. Fair enough I suppose.
BethNY, what was the reason your shop was canceled?

I had a shop scheduled for August 1st, and when I went to the shopping mall, the location wasn't there. I e-mailed GAPbuster right away and explained the situation, and they told me I was correct, the location wasn't there. The fee for the shop was supposed to be $10 + a $20 bonus, and I was told I'd be paid $10.00 for the canceled shop. As stated before, that was August 1st, and I haven't received anything from them yet.

Does anyone else have good/bad experience with receiving payment for canceled shops? Thanks!

Nicole Schlenvogt
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  3:41:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have paid me for shops where the restaurant was closed for construction or did not exist- no problem.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

BethNY

NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  09:22:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The location was closed for the shop I did (and had been closed for a LONG time -- there was a new store in there already.)

I emailed them right away to tell them and to inquire about payment policies. Someone had to have read it, because it was marked as cancelled on my assignments page almost immediately -- but no one ever responded to that email.

I sent another one when I rec'd payment the other day (I mistakenly thought I had not been paid at all, when I had been paid for the fee minus premium.) Someone got back to me the next day to say that they would be paying me the bonus. So, providing I do get that bonus this month, this outcome will be lovely. I just wish they had responded to my original email. Since they hadn't, I was unsure of what they would be paying me, if at all, for about a month.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  1:14:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
An update to my earlier posts.....

I have FINALLY been paid for all outstanding assignments from GAPbuster. I am not sure what has changed since I first began doing shops for them, but it hasn't been for the better. I have had to file complaints and send multiple requests to get my money out of them. They are, all around, a decent company. They just seem to be having a tremendous amount of difficulty settling pay disputes.

It may not be entirely their fault, but we (the shoppers) shouldn't have to jump through hoops and do tricks just to get what is owed to us. After all, without us, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
Go to Top of Page

LeanneWS
Apprentice

South Point, OH
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  10:01:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would never recommend shopping for GapBuster. I'm still waiting for payment for 4 shops I completed for them in May. It's been a nightmare trying to get any kind of response, and the few times that someone did respond, I was sent the exact same message - both saying that I would be paid at the end of that month. At this point, I've pretty much given up on ever being paid. Hopefully my experience is out of the norm, but I wouldn't suggest them if you want to be paid promptly - or in this case at all!
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  08:13:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well Leanne,

I guess that won't be a problem for me. They emailed me that they removed me from their database. I guess it's been too long since I last did a job for them.

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

MegMD

MD
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  09:16:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to say, I was scared reading this forum after I had completed a shop for this company. I figured out that I hadn't completed my Bank ACH info, so wasn't paid. It didn't take anything other than updating my info and dropping a line to customer service to get paid. I was paid right on schedule as the response email indicated. I'm happy with them.
Go to Top of Page

Chris59
Valued Contributor

Palmerston North
New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  11:41:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Nancy
same thing happened to me today, prints the first page, do a print preview and the other pages are blank except for the webpage at the top. I went to the website and told them. job is tomorrow so I hope they fix it. And its not my puter, as it is A1. I,m A techie so it should be
Update!! Stupid me, trying to download a week early.I must have been tired last night. I really thought it was today

Chris
Go to Top of Page

KBruder1
Contributor

Milwaukee, WI
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  2:12:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Im really getting a workout on my rocking chair waiting for someone from GAPbuster to get in touch with me. I just want to find out why there aren't any shops in my area. I've been a good patient shopper but to no avail. Oh well, I'll just keep rocking!!!! and shopping for others.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

Bill Kapelli
Star Contributor

Kissimmee, FL
USA
281 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  3:52:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Keep rockin', Kris! It seems that their Enquiry link is designed to test shoppers' endurance in The Waiting Game. The only way to get any timely response from this company is to e-mail Suzan directly. She posts frequently on this forum and she responds to shoppers' questions and concerns. I am still waiting for a response to any one of no fewer than five e-mails to their Enquiry link in reference to what appears to be a misplaced receipt for a shop that I conducted in early September. With this company's stern warnings that shops must be entered online within eight hours of conducting them, one would think that their response time should fall somewhere remotely within the same parameters.

Bill Kapelli
MSPA Gold Certified
Kissimmee [Metro Orlando], FL
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  4:15:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It must depend on where you are or who your contact is because I get calls back with responses almost before I hit send on my keyboard. I have not had a lot of questions but the couple I did have were very quickly responded to by the Canadian rep.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 74 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums